Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    @GT101, Tweed had the week off in ISC. JC travelled with the team to Coffs and was on the sideline. As did Sexton.
    Thanks again HS

First Grader

I feel like we were good last year as people felt they would be dropped if not preforming. Players have been continuously picked regardless of mistakes they have made week in week out. If they done that at the storm the first chance Craig got he would tear them to shreds, then if they done it again they'd be dropped until they worked it out.

Has holbrook been leaving our interchanges to late into the first half? It feels like wallace is on for 35mins.

We have line speed at the start of the game, then it seems like we gas out and begin getting lazy in the ruck and giving away 6 agains which inturn is effecting our line speed which then teams are just rolling down field.

We then just get dominated. It has been happening for weeks now I do not understand how come this hasn't been addressed.

Another point is that the sharks constantly fought in the tackle for a quick ptb. The whole game. Mofo as good as he was last week just gets tackled and sits there until they get off him. After Herbert made that break down the sideline and gave Don the ball he got tackled and just layed there didn't try to get up at all whilst sharks were scrambling to get back and set there line.

Their first try kelly gets stuck in no man's land. If he just hit his player it would have stopped a try.
    Don got done with the same thing on the other side. Just hit the next man in line instead they get stuck between trying to help their inside man make his tackle / shut the pass down.

Don also backed away from contact to let their winger fall over our line. Absolute disgraceful game

The footy IQ of this side is so low
    Last edited by Upthetits; 30-05-21 at 06:00 PM.

IF YOU KEEP DOING THE SAME THING THE SAME WAY you will get flogged every goddamned week. Jolliffe played much better starting for example. Sami and Don should be the first out. Spry on the left until Thompson comes back and Campbell on the right where he seems to play his stuff in QCup. In fact Pepsi in the middle makes more sense than him on an edge but the leadership needs to be addressed immediately. Fogarlii just seems miles off and strangely a Taylor/Johnson combo is even looking appealing unless Sexton can stand up. Boyd’s defense is horrible. BK was awesome outside anybody last year and I put that down to Fifita who needs Taylor. Sorry why am I writing this? This week we will miss a lot players but I can bet you that who ever we roll out will go better than this mob.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Calling for dymock to be sacked is a bit over the top. Yes our defence is woeful, but it's more than that. We need to erase that game out if our repertoire. I honestly think the team hit the piss in Coffs the night before. I think we are underestimating the impact the new rules are having on the team as well. At the moment we are missing key players every week and this is testing our depth which seems very light on, especially in the backs.
    We really missed peachey in the middle today. Not so much because we played the digs but playing better opposition we missed him shoring up the defence in the middle.
    Boyd needs to stick his tackles or he will not be a regular nrl player at all. We fell to bits when fogarty left and boyd didn't really offer much during this time. So predictable in our kicking game, kick to don from fogs, angled grubber from boyd.
    It does appear we are going backwards in defence at the moment, but I think it is an attitude issue rather than ability. Wallace is my point in case, turns up one week and plays well. Next week gives away 3 set restarts in 3 sets in a row. He was so goddam lazy today it was embarrassing. This is not a defensive structure issue. The issue why no one is getting dropped as people say (taylor) is that along with the new rules around head contact and the speed of the the game, if you're fit, you're playing.
    Not sure how to fix the insipid performances but I do agree that the mongrel is not there like the end of last year and I can't really see why.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Strange things happen at games in Country Venues on and off the field
    A genius said this.
    Country venue matches are very very very very bad for us.

Absolute pus, just pus.

@Doolsie ... I’d agree with that but after 6 insipid defensive performances in a row then it’s time for drastic measures, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    A genius said this.
    Country venue matches are very very very very bad for us.
    Gladstone was good for us, not so much Manly...

Upthetits we aren't using the free interchange correctly unlike other teams. When Herbert went off after a little hit on the chin we bring Fermor in to cover him. What the smarter teams do is rotate a forward, have the trainer assess Herbert in 30seconds or less and then send Herbert on and get the tired forward off. We simply replaced Herbert with Fermor then interchanged Tino off pretty much at the same time and then moved KP into lock. Not smart footy.

Dymock turned our defence around last year, adjusting to change in rules is causing us trouble. I think Dymock is the right person if he can adapt quickly.
    The six again red sets are so frequent with us due to holding down in the tackle I assume it must be a directive, if so Holbrook needs to change as the refs are picking us off each time.

- - - Updated - - -

Spot on with the footy IQ.....

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Gladstone was good for us, not so much Manly...
    That’s the outlier

Just spoke to a mate who lives in Coffs. The report from the resort the Titans stayed at may explain our effort (lack) last week. if this team isn't going to take their jobs serious then why should we as fans?

If Holbrook rolls the same muppets out against the Roosters with no culpability then good luck to us as a surviving team. We will finish lower on the table this year than we did last year with a "better" team. We won't get any better than this and it's still not nearly good enough. Changes at the top will need to be made. Absolute embarrassment.

Campbell finished his first game with 132 run metres, six tacklebusts and one offload, while Marzhew was just as busy, notching up 132 run metres, six tacklebusts, four offloads and one linebreak.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Just spoke to a mate who lives in Coffs. The report from the resort the Titans stayed at may explain our effort (lack) last week. if this team isn't going to take their jobs serious then why should we as fans?

If Holbrook rolls the same muppets out against the Roosters with no culpability then good luck to us as a surviving team. We will finish lower on the table this year than we did last year with a "better" team. We won't get any better than this and it's still not nearly good enough. Changes at the top will need to be made. Absolute embarrassment.
    This is the most concerning post I’ve read in a very long. I hate these Country matches. If our blokes are having a jolly good time after losses and be unprofessional in the lead up to games then we are a joke.

Yes some data would be better than innuendo, so holding my breath and sort of looking forward to that. JB is not the type swayed by hearsay so concerned best sums up my attitude.