Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    And yet the worst concussed player of the night was Molo who was injured making a tackle. Stumbled getting up, stumbled getting into the defensive line. Stumbled defending every set until the attacking set was over and then got sent for a HIA and failed. So the whole idea of protecting players is flawed.

Did they make contact with the head, yes, was it forceful, yes. Does it require 10 in the bin, not sure how that stops a concussion. NFL players are going through the same thing and they wear helmets obviously so swinging arms to the head don't seem to be the issue when it comes to your brain rattling around your skull.
    I think there are a few flaws in your argument JB. Just because some blokes end up with concussion because they get their tackling technique wrong I don't think we shouldn't try to minimise concussions and protect players if we can.

In the case of Taumalolo, I was getting sick of losing blokes to failed HIA's for similar tackles. In other words we would lose a player and tackles like that only went on report and we got no advantage at all. I had no real complaint about the two last night....but I don't really want to defend the NRL just yet because I will probably be on here screaming about this after tomorrows game. As an aside both Taumalolo and Burr are looking at one/two weeks after being charged.
    Lets hope this thread tomorrow is about a strong win and not other stuff. At least we don't have the refs that usually screw us over but Cecchin was dreadful in the round before last week and was dropped. Missed a few things and every thing he sent to the bunker he was overruled. Generally I think he is one of the better refs though. Generally.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 21-05-21 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I think there are a few flaws in your argument JB. Just because some blokes end up with concussion because they get their tackling technique wrong I don't think we shouldn't try to minimise concussions and protect players if we can.
    How have the high shots been minimised? How have the concussions been avoided? Yep it's been a week (but the rules have been there for a long time). This is a contact sport, our brains are not designed to be rattled around in our heads. Simple as that. So at this stage all the people in charge have done is introduce an administrative control to minimise a risk. Short of PPE it's the lowest form of control. From a litigious point of view they haven't done a heck of a lot to stop the future claims against the NRL. NFL had to pay our a billion and had to put billions aside for future payouts. They're going to happen regardless.

How have the high shots been minimised? How have the concussions been avoided? Yep it's been a week (but the rules have been there for a long time). This is a contact sport, our brains are not designed to be rattled around in our heads. Simple as that. So at this stage all the people in charge have done is introduce an administrative control to minimise a risk. Short of PPE it's the lowest form of control. From a litigious point of view they haven't done a heck of a lot to stop the future claims against the NRL. NFL had to pay our a billion and had to put billions aside for future payouts. They're going to happen regardless.
    I'm not sure how to respond to that JB other than throw my hands in the air. Suffice to say, I agree with the attempts to safeguard players. I will leave it there.

Inactive User

Who’s the referee and bunker guy tomorrow??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Who’s the referee and bunker guy tomorrow??
    Checchin and Butler upstairs

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure how to respond to that JB other than throw my hands in the air. Suffice to say, I agree with the attempts to safeguard players. I will leave it there.
    Cancel the sport or get start putting money aside for lawsuits. As we speak Joey Leilua is smacking his own head into the ground for a future payout LOL

Cancel the sport or get start putting money aside for lawsuits. As we speak Joey Leilua is smacking his own head into the ground for a future payout LOL
    You don't understand the difference between accidents and careless acts? Ffs. I was listening to a radio talkback today and without exception people were bagging Joey Johns after his dinosaur age comments last night. Fortunately I watch Fox, but JB, it seems you are in the Joey back in the 80's age.
    I can't recall ever butting heads with you in the past but that's what a forum is about. Cheers mate.

Inactive User

Lose today and I envisage a full meltdown in here

You don't understand the difference between accidents and careless acts? Ffs. I was listening to a radio talkback today and without exception people were bagging Joey Johns after his dinosaur age comments last night. Fortunately I watch Fox, but JB, it seems you are in the Joey back in the 80's age.
    I can't recall ever butting heads with you in the past but that's what a forum is about. Cheers mate.
    I can tell the difference, now find a medical practitioner that is going to apportion a certain amount of percentage blame to accidental and careless acts so that when the law suit comes for early on set dementia a judge can apportion blame. My point is. if you play this sport you have a risk as there is no ELIMINATION of the risk of concussions as we have now seen in last nights game as well. So when the law suit comes and the courts ask what did you do as the employer the NRL says, we introduced an administrative control. Then the prosecutor says that's pretty low on the hierarchy of control pay my client lots of money. Therefore, cancel the sport or get ready to pay out. Unless you can come up with a way to eliminate concussions then the payouts will happen regardless. That's my point.

Guess who just sat through a 3 hr interview for a statutory claim for a bull**** claim today.

I'm quite confident that there will be no meltdown today Bods. (mind you the Dogs are great value at $5.00)
    Interesting also that in todays Bulletin there is not one word about the game. It really has become a rubbish paper. The sport section is full of Folau amd pages of stuff about local sports that only players families and pets care about. We have teams in National comps and it is crazy that not one story is there about today. They used to have last nights NRL and AFL stories but these stopped a while ago, yet the Sydney Tele has heaps about the early game last night.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 22-05-21 at 08:59 AM.

We lose to the dogs I'm burning down the house

This is a good game to debut Sexton like the roosters are doing to suali, Boyd and ash haven't shown anything yet to show they are our future why not give Sexton a run he might be able to free up Fogarty abit

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    This is a good game to debut Sexton like the roosters are doing to suali, Boyd and ash haven't shown anything yet to show they are our future why not give Sexton a run he might be able to free up Fogarty abit
    Been cut from the squad already, he’ll play for Tweed tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Been cut from the squad already, he’ll play for Tweed tomorrow
    Happy to see Ash cut too.

Inactive User

Will post again very late tonight.
    Fingers crossed this is a contented forum then.

Bodsie, stop that ... as you well know “contented” and “this forum” is an oxymoron
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.