Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    QLD Cup

Only highlights and whatever games I can watch on Kayo. Is there something I’m missing?

Tino to lock sounds good.

I also agree about Proctor.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Have you actually watched Marzhew play mate?
    With you HS, yet the comments on here would be worth the defensive liability ... and who knows, maybe just maybe, he snaps into our version of Sivo.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

If being a defensive liability is a concern it is worth noting that both Sami and Don are terrible defenders and have had more than enough time to correct that in their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    With you HS, yet the comments on here would be worth the defensive liability ... and who knows, maybe just maybe, he snaps into our version of Sivo.
    If he grew an extra 2 feet and put on 10kg then he very well could be T

Mate I'd love to see him get a crack at first grade but I'd worry given the heat Sami cops for his defensive ability (or lack thereof). Marzhew is an animal at carrying the ball but is shorter than Thompson, lacks a vertical leap, isn't an acrobatic finisher and makes really poor decisions defensively

Then again if there is any team in the NRL i'd like to see him play against, it is probably the Bulldogs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    If being a defensive liability is a concern it is worth noting that both Sami and Don are terrible defenders and have had more than enough time to correct that in their game.
    Fair enough mate. Though if you think they're bad, he's a fair bit worse

Unfortunately there is a reason he isn't getting a run as GT said
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 17-05-21 at 04:41 PM.

NRL.com Preview - Titans v Bulldogs: Bracing for bans; Napa closing in on return
    https://www.nrl.com/

The lustre is rapidly disappearing from Gold Coast's premiership credentials thanks to a collapse in the team's defensive resolve in recent weeks.

The Titans have conceded a staggering 188 points in their past five outings, sending their points differential into negative territory and the club out of the top eight.

A match against one of the NRL's battlers should be just the pick-me-up the team needs but the roller-coaster form line and absence of star forward David Fifita (suspended) dictate that nothing be taken for granted. And with dates against the Storm and Roosters looming this is a win the Titans just have to have.

Being unable to seal the deal after leading 12-8 against a 12-man Canberra is hardly an encouraging sign for the Bulldogs. It's been four weeks since Canterbury's lone win of 2021 and they still don't look like they have worked out how and where victory No.2 will be secured.

The rundown

Team news
    Titans: Gold Coast are waiting to see if forwards Herman Ese'ese and Tyrone Peachey will be sidelined by suspension after being hit with careless high tackle and crusher tackle charges respectively.

Five-eighth Ash Taylor (hip) is the only likely casualty ward returnee the Gold Coast can budget for this week.

Bulldogs: Prop Dylan Napa (shoulder) is pencilled in for a return from injury in round 11 but dummy-half Jeremy Marshall-King (foot), lock Josh Jackson (calf) and prop Jack Hetherington (suspension) are at least another week away.

Sione Katoa and Ava Seumanu***ai have escaped with fines after being slapped with dangerous contact charges after the loss to the Raiders.

Venue:Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast

Key match-up
    Tino Fa'asuamaleaui v Luke Thompson: The former Storm forward has been a terrific recruit for the Titans this season and this week comes up against another star front-rower whose impact has been more under the radar in 2021. Luke Thompson arrived at the Bulldogs mid-season from England last year and didn't quite hit top gear, but with a pre-season under his belt has improved across the board this season with his run metres per game improving from 111 to 142 while his tackle counts, tackle breaks and offloads have all increased. These two are middle men their clubs will look to build around in the years to come.

Stat attack
    The Bulldogs may be in the competition basement but they're the intercept kings so far in 2021. Canterbury have snagged six opposition passes to rank No.1 ahead of a four-way tie for second between the Cowboys, Roosters, Eels and Rabbitohs on five.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I'd also like to note that the Valleys Diehards womens team play Burleigh Bears in a curtain raiser. Top of the table clash for the BHP Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by CBUS Super Stadium
    IT'S GAME WEEK!
    Who's coming to watch the Titans take on the Bulldogs this Saturday?

12:30pm - Gates Open
    12:35pm - QRL BHP Premiership Burleigh Bears v Valleys Diehards
    3:00pm - NRL Main Game Gold Coast Titans v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Rep Player

lol @ Seumanu***ai’s name being censored

Titans forwards Tyrone Peachey and Herman Ese'ese have both taken early guilty pleas and will miss two and three weeks respectively.

Peachey was charged with a crusher tackle on Panther Liam Martin and will miss the clashes with the Bulldogs and Sharks, while Ese'ese copped a grade three careless high tackle charge after he was sent off on Sunday.

Tino to lock, Mo to start in front row I'm assuming?

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Tino to lock, Mo to start in front row I'm assuming?
    Would think that's the case with Stone and Whitbread to the bench is my guess. We will find out in about 10 minutes

I very reservedly felt that Taylor might get a look-in and thankfully he didn't.

Marsters to start, Fermor to the backrow and Tino to lock with MoFo starting ... Clark and Stone on the bench, predictable and a danger game.
    Last edited by Titanic; 18-05-21 at 03:11 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I very reservedly feel that Taylor might get a look-in.
    Yeah I’d play Taylor at 6 this week and Tanah the 17.

Immortal

Stone and Clarke onto the bench with the rest the side the same as last week.

Devastated to see Sami still in the squad, Don got a pass mark from his last game to buy 1 more week in the squad