Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

And just thinking, that's over $2 mill we have sitting on the sidelines the past couple of weeks with Taylor & Fifi out, plus those players I mentioned on the previous page, some who may not even be offered another contract. Kinda puts it into perspective a bit...still plenty of wriggle room in the cap as far as how we decide to use it.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 22-05-21 at 05:16 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I feel as though we still have a lot of dead weight in this team. Proctor, Don, Sami, Peachey, Taylor, Fogs (questionable), not sure if I've missed anyone but those stand out to me. Not impressed with Rein either.
    I will say Clarke was great today I’m with you though I feel we have the skeleton of a contender but it’s getting very obvious where we are being let down. Players have aged out but I guess we don’t have the caliber to replace. I think AJ, Mo, Fifita, Tino, Thompson is who we build our team around the rest we need to recruit or others like Kelly, Our forward pack etc either have it or they don’t. What I would give to be a team like the storm and have bullets in the chamber no matter who you need to replace
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 22-05-21 at 05:23 PM.

I sat with my cousin to watch the match and with 100+ NRL matches, he certainly had a different perspective to me. When I went off about Proctor, he laughed and said “ you guys would be in deep **** without his defensive reads today. You don’t have any communication along your line.” He said that not only do we have the worst wingers at executing a jam, we have a real liability in Don in getting out of our “D.” He made the point that Proctor will make tackle on tackle on tackle whereas some of our guys need to sit back and recharge after making a tackle.
    I could not bring myself to agree with him re KP because of his offensive liability.

11 and a half thousand there. If the ball was at the southern end then it was Bulldogs supporters you were hearing. Titans supporters were screaming all game for the 1 metre the entire Dogs team was and the slow plays and wrestle that was welcomed in the dogs defence but was penalised in ours.

That was a terrible game to watch live I can only imagine it was worse at home. Boyd is at least straightening up and taking the line or asking the question of the defence. Fogarty is just sideways (except once) and kick and hope for Don. I don't understand what has happened to this team other than to say we miss Corey Thompson more than Fifita at this point in the season.

As mentioned any other team we probably lose. Next week is Sharks down at Coffs. Hopefully Fifita and Herbert back. Who loses their spot (Fermor and which outside back? Too many to choose).

2 points is 2 points but if we don't sort out what the missing factor is its another bottom 8 finish.

I can’t agree about Proctor who is busy in defense but like a headless chook ... we have been leaking points forever based on his defensive crap ... active, courageous but mindless.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I can’t agree about Proctor who is busy in defense but like a headless chook ... we have been leaking points forever based on his defensive crap ... active, courageous but mindless.
    Agreed T

I always looked at Proctor was the one that never backed up after a tackle and left the overlap

First Grader

Proctor 42 metres in attack. Offers nothing

Tino must stay in 13
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Just watched us as though live.
    The NSWRL referee and Sydney Bunker had glorious games for Canterbury.
    What a joke.
    We still are so scratchy in defence, it’s such a nervous experience now watching us defend.
    Anyway I love Scotch and my beautiful city just beat the Dogs.
    Yew!!!!

Off to read your comments now
    Always celebrate a Titans (or Suns) win long and hard.
    A win is precious.

Who is your cousin? If you don’t mind me asking.

Inactive User

We are the only team to concede 20 points to Canterbury

To be fair, they have been improving since the Storm game where they managed to snag a few points and we had a few fairly big outs. We've lost 3/4 of our left edge. I'd still rather Ash than Boyd to be honest. Decent offensively but an absolute liability in defence so far.

Watching the game live, Proctor parked himself out on the wing frequently. Often wouldn’t get back into position until the 3rd or 4th. Certainly didn’t seem keen to take the ball up at all.

The sharks are a team which can pull a team into an arm wrestle when they need to and really fight there way into the game. Next week will be a very good week to show our grit and effort. Fifita back, Fermor surely looking good enough to nudge Proctor out of his edge position. Without Sione Katoa, Mulitalo or Nene Macdonald for the sharks they are left with Connor Tracey who is a smaller body so while he might be a big liability for the sharks vs Don in the air. It could be a good opportunity to blood Campbell or Marzhew.

Also, on the skills vs effort thing mentioned earlier. It's not just skills that Taylor has better. It is natural ability and talent which is much harder to teach/change than effort. For me his mindset seemed to have shifted slightly this year. Taylor's defence was miles better this year but it is his confidence in attack that is shot which is evident by his kick first, run second attitude. I don't know how to fix that but Taylor is much more likely to take us deep into the finals than Boyd purely off his better defence and capability and being the better player.