Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Yeah I’d play Taylor at 6 this week and Tanah the 17.
    Some ones hacked your account

- - - Updated - - -

Thought I'd throw this in too. I was hoping no KP and McIntyre was given the green light. Also interesting to see both Sexton and Taylor in the 21. Seems like a strange extended bench but then again not many options left after suspensions and injuries.

Shuffled pack for Dogs, new faces included
    https://www.titans.com.au/

With Tyrone Peachey, Herman Ese'ese and David Fifita all missing through suspension, Titans coach Justin Holbrook has had to shuffle his pack for the round 11 match against the Bulldogs at Cbus Super Stadium.

Tino Fa'asuamaleaui moves to lock, the position he played for Queensland in last year's successful State of Origin campaign, to cover for Peachey.

The move sees Moeaki Fotuaika move back into the starting pack at prop.

Sam Stone is in line for his first game of 2021, with the backrower included on the bench after showing some strong form for the Burleigh Bears.

Erin Clark also returns to the Titans 17 and will provide plenty of energy and effort when he runs onto Cbus Super Stadium.

Young prospects Jayden Campbell and Toby Sexton are both included in the extended squad, with both having excellent seasons for the Tweed Seagulls.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

https://twitter.com/renegadedugongs/...128424462?s=21

This is exactly how I feel about the garbage that is V’Landys League.
    I don’t really want to go all that much anymore and I paid heaps to be a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    https://twitter.com/renegadedugongs/...128424462?s=21

This is exactly how I feel about the garbage that is V’Landys League.
    I don’t really want to go all that much anymore and I paid heaps to be a member.
    When a **** faced Brett Finch makes more sense than V'Landy

All good this week as no Peachey at lock and Rien has replacement this is where our defence lack in the meddle then this draws all back in
    I feel better knowing Peachey is not playing lock Stone will hold his own Fermour will be put into some good hole from Boyd
    Clark will put Jolliffe in for a try
    Go you good thing Go Titans

Love your enthusiasm J-a-F

First Grader

Saw this comment on reddit, thought it was worthy of a repost.

Titans got storms, roosters, sea eagle, eels, rabbits, storms to play before the end of the season. I don't see them winning any of them. Thats 6 hard games in 14 remaining.

They got dogs, sharks, Raiders, dragons, dogs, cowboys, knights, warriors.

Assuming youll need close to 50% win rate to make finals,

And with a 4-6 record,

They need to win all 8 of the winnable games.

(If we lose against dogs) That's probably season for titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post

Titans got storms, roosters, sea eagle, eels, rabbits, storms to play before the end of the season. I don't see them winning any of them. Thats 6 hard games in 14 remaining.

And with a 4-6 record,

I think it also comes down to teams like the Knights and the warriors and how they win or lose. Anywhere from 7th to 9th for the Titans from me.

Inactive User

I’ve already called it season when we lost to Souffs. We are cooked.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post

And with a 4-6 record,

Great Post! We need to pickup whatever we can through the next month/origin period and if we are even a hint of being legitimate this year we need to hit form after origin and at least go 10/14.

Yeah, some teams (panthers, storm etc) just seem to maintain the whole year but how many times do we see a red hot team hit the skids post origin and another team catches fire.

I haven't given up hope of this but as has been posted a million times there are current players in our squad who need to go. They have had enough chances now and its not working so its time to give others a shot. Its been clear now for the last 6 games that we shouldnt have Proctor, Don, Sami and Wallace as starting players when you could just as easy for example start Joliffe over Wallace.

Its hard not to be a "knee jerk" fan and request changes after every loss but I think 6 weeks is a good sample size and its clear that 1/3 of the team is currently not upto scratch.

If we dont address this soon the season will get away from us. If we cant beat the dogs even with our missing players then the year is nearly lost.
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 20-05-21 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Great Post! We need to pickup whatever we can through the next month/origin period and if we are even a hint of being legitimate this year we need to hit form after origin and at least go 10/14.

Yeah, some teams (panthers, storm etc) just seem to maintain the whole year but how many times do we see a red hot team hit the skids post origin and another team catches fire.

I haven't given up hope of this but as has been posted a million times there are current players in our squad who need to go. They have had enough chances now and its not working so its time to give others a shot. Its been clear now for the last 6 games that we shouldnt have Proctor, Don, Sami and Wallace as starting players when you could just as easy for example start Joliffe over Wallace.

Its hard not to be a "knee jerk" fan and request changes after every loss but I think 6 weeks is a good sample size and its clear that 1/3 of the team is currently not upto scratch.

If we dont address this soon the season will get away from us. If we cant beat the dogs even with our missing players then the year is nearly lost.
    Good post 5 Year. Simply no excuses if we lose to the Dogs and to be quite frank, if we don't make the 8 this year a few questions need be put. We have dropped some must win games this year and of course they will bite when the tough games come. Our draw to start the year was a dream and we ****ed it up.
    The only comment I'd have with your post above is that Jolliffe to me offers nothing more than Wallace. I had hopes for Wallace the way he started but he has gone off the last few weeks. Our bench is weak, as it was last year.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Good post 5 Year. Simply no excuses if we lose to the Dogs and to be quite frank, if we don't make the 8 this year a few questions need be put. We have dropped some must win games this year and of course they will bite when the tough games come. Our draw to start the year was a dream and we ****ed it up.
    The only comment I'd have with your post above is that Jolliffe to me offers nothing more than Wallace. I had hopes for Wallace the way he started but he has gone off the last few weeks. Our bench is weak, as it was last year.
    Fair point. I would agree barring our new signing our forward back hasnt progressed the way any of us thought it would. I just looked back to our success last year and it was Joliffe starting and ripping in and Wallace coming in and giving it all then Joliffe to finish. Wallace seems to be gassed quickly and always to me is interchanged too late. Joliffe needs to find the mongrel he had last year. Who knows I’d give it a crack over our current arrangement

Looks like the refs are deciding game outcomes again this week. No head shots or we are done for, we can't defend with 13 on little alone 12 or 11.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Looks like the refs are deciding game outcomes again this week. No head shots or we are done for, we can't defend with 13 on little alone 12 or 11.
    Well, the refs and dumb players. JT's high was obvious as he hit the bloke right in the snout and Burr went for a high shot last week so he is just dumb (but we knew that). I thought a few last week were over the top but I can't complain about the two so far.
    It ain't rocket science fellas - just stay away from the head. Unless it is someone like Gamble who needs his head taken off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Well, the refs and dumb players. JT's high was obvious as he hit the bloke right in the snout and Burr went for a high shot last week so he is just dumb (but we knew that). I thought a few last week were over the top but I can't complain about the two so far.
    It ain't rocket science fellas - just stay away from the head. Unless it is someone like Gamble who needs his head taken off.
    And yet the worst concussed player of the night was Molo who was injured making a tackle. Stumbled getting up, stumbled getting into the defensive line. Stumbled defending every set until the attacking set was over and then got sent for a HIA and failed. So the whole idea of protecting players is flawed.

Did they make contact with the head, yes, was it forceful, yes. Does it require 10 in the bin, not sure how that stops a concussion. NFL players are going through the same thing and they wear helmets obviously so swinging arms to the head don't seem to be the issue when it comes to your brain rattling around your skull.