Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 255
  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'd rather have the best team possible for the team after this one (bulldogs) because at the moment we can't beat 14th on the table and 15th gave us a run for our money.
    I don't want to dismiss this game as our team has no right to with the way we have been playing but the Broncos and Tigers could match our attack and put points back on us and I just don't think the bulldogs have the points in them to do that if we get off to a good start again or score a flurry of tries

  2. #17
    Inactive User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Broady
    Posts
    4,375

    Default

    I think the great strength of the NRL whereby there was a time where anybody could beat anyone on their day has this year come to an end. The rules now mean the strong teams like Penrith/Melbourne when they arenít inhibited by many injuries will inevitably always beat and blow away weak teams.
    Just like the AFL.
    You now have to build and build to get into a premiership window and it will take years.
    The NRL has 3 tiers and we are probably in the middle tier and miles away from being in the top tier.
    We need to therefore target winnable games and look at our playing roster. A game against Penrith is a chance to look at Sexton, Campbell, Farmer, Clark, Spry, Marzhew,, Marsters, McIntyre and others and see how they go against a top team and in the youngsters case give them a taste of the big time.
    It also gives better data as to who to keep and who to say thank you and goodbye to.

    I know itís not going to happen, itís not in the culture of the sport to rest players and blood kids, Iím just sprouting my left field thinking of where we are at and where Rugby League is now at.

  3. #18
    Moderator JunctionBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Coomera
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    I don't want to dismiss this game as our team has no right to with the way we have been playing but the Broncos and Tigers could match our attack and put points back on us and I just don't think the bulldogs have the points in them to do that if we get off to a good start again or score a flurry of tries
    I don't want to dismiss the game but I don't want anyone on the pine for the doggys game either. Broncos can't match the attack against anyone else and struggle against everyone so we could very well be the team that is bringing the best out of every other team. That worries me.

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post

    We need to therefore target winnable games and look at our playing roster. A game against Penrith is a chance to look at Sexton, Campbell, Farmer, Clark, Spry, Marzhew,, Marsters, McIntyre and others and see how they go against a top team and in the youngsters case give them a taste of the big time.
    It also gives better data as to who to keep and who to say thank you and goodbye to.

    I know itís not going to happen, itís not in the culture of the sport to rest players and blood kids, Iím just sprouting my left field thinking of where we are at and where Rugby League is now at.
    So you think Bods that it is better to play these guys you mention above and probably get whipped by 50-60 and possibly damage their careers and also embarrass our club and set back the progress we have made in the eyes of the Gold Coast people this year. Of course we could still get beaten by a large margin if we play the best available team but we have a slight chance of doing better than that.

    My main concern is that a lot of the hard work regaining some credibility on the Coast will be smashed if we cop a hiding due to fielding a low strength team.

    Just my views mate, and I see where you are coming from.

  5. #20
    Moderator JunctionBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Coomera
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    I'm saying Fifita is a defensive liability and we could strengthen that side by playing McIntyre or Fermor if he's not needed in the centres.

    But if we play Fogarty, KP, Marsters and Sami on the right edge we are in for a horrible arvo that I hope I'm am well and truly intoxicated for.

  6. #21
    Rep Player
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    Sami would be on the left edge, JB. I don’t think Fermor would be a defensive improvement over Fifita either.

  7. #22
    Inactive User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Broady
    Posts
    4,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    So you think Bods that it is better to play these guys you mention above and probably get whipped by 50-60 and possibly damage their careers and also embarrass our club and set back the progress we have made in the eyes of the Gold Coast people this year. Of course we could still get beaten by a large margin if we play the best available team but we have a slight chance of doing better than that.

    My main concern is that a lot of the hard work regaining some credibility on the Coast will be smashed if we cop a hiding due to fielding a low strength team.

    Just my views mate, and I see where you are coming from.
    Well a hiding by a second strength team is much more palatable than the top team being given a hiding.
    Even in a hiding you can see the character of some blokes get revealed both positively and negatively.
    You can find out who competes no matter what and who drops their lip and turns it up.

    What I suggest won’t be happening, it’s not in the culture of Rugby League.

    If we beat Penrith then I’ll have the most beautiful egg on my face ever. Given how woeful we are out wide and how good Penrith are I fear this game a lot.

  8. #23
    Moderator JunctionBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Coomera
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Sami would be on the left edge, JB. I don’t think Fermor would be a defensive improvement over Fifita either.
    True, Don would be over there.

    Now cast your mind back to the Broncos shellacking we received and the vision of Isaako making line break after line break down his edge and Fifita doing a Nate Miles impression to back up and chase as opposed to Fermor last week making tackles on the 3rd, 4th and 5th on the line. Give me that kind of heart over a shrug of the shoulders.

  9. #24
    Rep Player
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    True, Don would be over there.

    Now cast your mind back to the Broncos shellacking we received and the vision of Isaako making line break after line break down his edge and Fifita doing a Nate Miles impression to back up and chase as opposed to Fermor last week making tackles on the 3rd, 4th and 5th on the line. Give me that kind of heart over a shrug of the shoulders.
    lol you’re love drunk mate

    I like Fermor a lot too but I think in the instance you were talking about Fifita was spent due to being targeted all night.

  10. #25
    One Clubman gotitans101_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wide Bay QLD
    Posts
    3,299

    Default

    So Fifita is challenging it, and if the NRL has any integrity left whatsoever, he gets off because Radley's was almost identical:

    Radley's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcCOvv7h3rg (1:10)
    Fifita's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2gIKv9iPOY (4:07)
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 10-05-21 at 03:39 PM.

  11. #26
    Immortal Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next door to Alice
    Posts
    10,425

    Default

    I agree Fifita v ‘Ponies was horrible but he did have Taylor with him, I thought he was much better against the Tigpies until the whole team slipped into Bizzaro Titans.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  12. #27
    Moderator JunctionBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Coomera
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    So Fifita is challenging it, and if the NRL has any integrity left whatsoever, he gets off because Radley's was almost identical:

    Radley's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcCOvv7h3rg (1:10)
    Fifita's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2gIKv9iPOY (4:07)
    When you look at that Radleys was across the jaw and Fifitas looked more across the forehead. I know where I'd rather get hit. Oh well, roll the dice at the NSW judiciary and see how it turns out.

  13. #28

    Default

    I'm with MT on this one. I get all your points of view I just don't like thinking straight away that we can't win and that it is better to rest people I coach school teams and I would never ever suggest doing that against the top team. Just the wrong attitude in my opinion.

  14. #29
    Rep Player ozynorts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    I am coming down for magic round, got the 3 day pass. Can't wait am hope that we put up a great show against the best team in the comp at the moment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I think the great strength of the NRL whereby there was a time where anybody could beat anyone on their day has this year come to an end. The rules now mean the strong teams like Penrith/Melbourne when they aren’t inhibited by many injuries will inevitably always beat and blow away weak teams.
    Just like the AFL.
    You now have to build and build to get into a premiership window and it will take years.
    The NRL has 3 tiers and we are probably in the middle tier and miles away from being in the top tier.
    We need to therefore target winnable games and look at our playing roster. A game against Penrith is a chance to look at Sexton, Campbell, Farmer, Clark, Spry, Marzhew,, Marsters, McIntyre and others and see how they go against a top team and in the youngsters case give them a taste of the big time.
    It also gives better data as to who to keep and who to say thank you and goodbye to.

    I know it’s not going to happen, it’s not in the culture of the sport to rest players and blood kids, I’m just sprouting my left field thinking of where we are at and where Rugby League is now at.
    The players on Development contracts can't play under NRL rules until Rd 11 so that rules out Sexton and Campbell. I am looking forward to seeing Campbell play though.

  15. #30
    Junior gcboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Nerang
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Sexton is top 30 squad member. He probably would have debuted earlier other than a small niggling injury. Pencil him in for the game against the doggies.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew