Paulo (FRF)
    Brown (LK)
    Mahoney (HK)

Now look at ours

Wallace (FRF)
    Tino (FRF)
    Peachey (LK)
    Rein (HK)

We've got obvious issues with individuals across the park but we will never be remotely competitive against a top side until we have a strong defensive middle. A lot of our other perceived issues stem from this and what it does for our tempo, control and confidence

I feel a bit for Tino because his form is being impacted by the draining cleanup work he is having to try and do for those around him. Peachey or Rein making a tackle? Better commit 2 more blokes to complete the tackle to save us conceeding 15m, a quick PTB or an offload..every single time. It compounds.

Promise I'll stop going on about it now
    Would it be fair to say that they are also teams that can rely on their halves to control the game and create the opportunities too? Instead we have people the likes of Tino, Peachey and even Wallace (Rein trys and fails) trying to be ball players rather than be the inside/back up runner off the halfs/FB shoulder hunting for the opportunity or the play. I watched Cleary last night and he physically man handled JFH out of the way for a play, nek minute he's scoring. Are we asking too much of some and too little of others?

QLD Cup

While I don’t disagree with the sentiments around our pack, I think that the bigger concerns is our backs and spine. AJ and Kelly are the only two players that I would consider first grade quality. None of our backs can make metres from our own end and the halves are directionless.

I’ve said it on here before, and Cronk picked up on this in the weekend, but Forgarty is way too sideways in attack. That works against the bad teams who can’t get back and defend on time but the good teams can just usher us side to side without any difficulties.

I find it laughable how badly 95% of the NRL community doesn’t research our team. Wallace has been doing the same old crap as years gone by yet he is ready for an origin recall, Don is safe as houses under the high ball so should be the first one picked (despite the fact he is crap at everything else) and they pile on Fafita despite the fact that he’s often one of the highest tacklers in the team.

Our lack of depth is the biggest concern for me but there isn’t many players on the market to fix it unfortunately.

The Wallace thing for me is his idiotic running into the defensive line as a decoy, putting up the bumper and taking out somebody just for spite ... that’s 2 disallowed tries in 2 weeks. I am also losing faith in Fogarty and Tino needs to be in 13.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Would it be fair to say that they are also teams that can rely on their halves to control the game and create the opportunities too? Instead we have people the likes of Tino, Peachey and even Wallace (Rein trys and fails) trying to be ball players rather than be the inside/back up runner off the halfs/FB shoulder hunting for the opportunity or the play. I watched Cleary last night and he physically man handled JFH out of the way for a play, nek minute he's scoring. Are we asking too much of some and too little of others?
    I think you've definitely got a point when it comes to when we are in possession mate. Don't you worry I've got another essay up my sleeve when it comes to that

My post was purely from a defensive point of view

First Grader

Could someone please explain how they got 6 free interchanges? Is this normal for teams to get a few? I thought it was only a free interchange if it was for a HIA?

Rep Player

I wasn’t naive enough to expect an ambush win as even catching the panthers on a bad day we still don’t have the complete team to take advantage but I expected a hell of alot more than that. 3 tries put on us while they had a player in the bin is absolutely disgraceful. Losing Ese Ese didn’t help but again it’s the same old sloppy middle and wingers coming in giving up an overlap defence we’ve seen the last 6 weeks. How are the players not getting it? Proctor, Wallace, Sami, Don need to have their places evaluated in the team.

Fermour is a turnstile in defence yet his attack was what we have been missing outside. Keep him there and persist. Peachy I’m just not sure where to play. He offers in attack at times but defence and decision making is horrendous.

As others have said I think Tino needs to move back to lock. We need some strike backs. There was a time last night where Don got the ball in open space and I just went if we had a super fast winger he would of been gone rather than the extra 10m Don got on the play.

To me

13. Tino
    12. Fifita / Stone while he’s out
    11. Fermour
    10. Jollife
    9. Rein/Peachy I dunno no real hood options
    8. Mo

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Could someone please explain how they got 6 free interchanges? Is this normal for teams to get a few? I thought it was only a free interchange if it was for a HIA?
    They way I understand it is this is what people are saying Melbourne and other teams are "abusing" the rule. So if there is a penalty for fowl play that is on report the team gets a free interchange. What that team is doing is taking the player off and sending out a player who plays the position of someone who is about to be normally interchanged. They then wait 30 seconds and then send the player who was "hurt" back out and then bring a player off that was due to come off ie not the player that was just sent out as a replacement.

So for instance in that last free interchange they bring Edwards goes off and is replace with a lock. Edwards comes back on and in exchange they rotate a prop.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    They way I understand it is this is what people are saying Melbourne and other teams are "abusing" the rule. So if there is a penalty for fowl play that is on report the team gets a free interchange. What that team is doing is taking the player off and sending out a player who plays the position of someone who is about to be normally interchanged. They then wait 30 seconds and then send the player who was "hurt" back out and then bring a player off that was due to come off ie not the player that was just sent out as a replacement.

So for instance in that last free interchange they bring Edwards goes off and is replace with a lock. Edwards comes back on and in exchange they rotate a prop.
    Thanks for clearing that up mate. I hope holbrook and co are taking advantage of that.

They played 13 vs 12 for 50 minutes plus an extra 6 interchanges. Im not that upset with the lads thats a fair effort. We scored 2 tries against the panthers with 12 so it's not the end of the world that they got 3 on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    They played 13 vs 12 for 50 minutes plus an extra 6 interchanges. Im not that upset with the lads thats a fair effort. We scored 2 tries against the panthers with 12 so it's not the end of the world that they got 3 on us.
    Totally agree with your assessment as does the coach from his presser, for me it's the manner that we are surrendering those tries rather than the score per se. Some of those disallowed would have changed the momentum perhaps, but it seems to happen every week, so it's a case of close enough is just not good enough.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Tackling Titans in hot water
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

ESE’ESE was sent off prior to halftime for a high tackle on Penrith winger Brian To’o and subsequently charged with a grade three careless high tackle, after Peachey was earlier cited for a crusher tackle.

Ese’ese faces three weeks on the sideline with an early plea and up to four should the Titans contest the charge and fail.

An early guilty plea would mean two weeks out for Peachey – more for a failed challenge at the judiciary.

In only his third game for the Titans, all off the bench, Ese’ese lasted just nine minutes before he was sent off for the hit on To’o.

In a Magic Round that included 14 sin bins and three send offs and raised the ire of fans and pundits alike, Ese’ese’s dismissal was almost universally agreed upon

Should both Ese’ese and Peachey’s suspensions stand, they will join David Fifita on the sideline for Saturday night’s clash with cellar-dwellers Canterbury.

What only a week ago loomed as a lay-up for the Titans could now prove a stumbling block, with the Bulldogs unlucky not to record their second win of the season against Canberra on Saturday night.

Across the paddock, Panthers pair Dylan Edwards and Moses Leota escaped with fines for contrary conduct and dangerous contact – head/ neck charges respectively.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Just to add to Peachey, apparently since 2019 he is the second most penalised player for high tackles (15) behind JWH (17).

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Just to add to Peachey, apparently since 2019 he is the second most penalised player for high tackles (15) behind JWH (17).
    His effort for clearys last try on the weekend was absolute pathetic

Panthers flogging the Rabbits who are a top 4 team. They are something special this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Panthers flogging the Rabbits who are a top 4 team. They are something special this year.
    So maybe we aren't as bad as we give credit for? Hahaha 50+ is huge for it to happen twice to the Rabbitohs too

Not to mention we somehow held them to under 50 with only 12 men on the field for the whole second half. No idea how we did it haha