Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 10: TITANS v PANTHERS

TITANS v PANTHERS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

Cannot win. If players are charged out of the Wests game then take early guilty plea.
    Anyone who’s got any niggle should be rested.
    Let’s take a look at the other players in the squad who aren’t getting a game and see how they go.

Rep Player

Current Panthers are one of the best teams I have ever seen. Will be happy with anything less than a 20 point differential.

The 'riff have won nine in a row now, the way I want to view that is they're overdue for a loss.

This is magic round isn't it? I'm going up on Sunday for a "work function". This is going to be messy for more than one reason.

There is always those top teams but for every one of those top teams there seems to be one worse team which just seems to make it hard for them to win. I think we have the potential to be that team for penrith. Last year it was 3 tries to 4 when we versed them. The Panthers dominance has be largely from their defence and if there is a team that could find a way to score points on them it is us with our unstructured attack. Our defence needs to lift but our tackling has been good it's more our defensive structure/reads which has been poor.

I am all in. Been supporting the Titans as a second team for a very long time now. This year I committed to joining the ride proper and watching every game.
    Last night we saw the usual rubbish from the Refs, that has to change if we are to have a punchers chance in this one I feel. A blinding start by the Titans is not unexpected, you would think though, in this clash, the commitment to back that up both sides of the ball and not squander the chance of the upset of the season to date would propel the team onward.

The Panthers one weakness, is that if you post a big lead on them, they really push the high risk plays, they don't slowly wrestle back control in that scenario. and so if we get a fast start, I am hoping to see some error footy from them. You can only live and hope.

A close result would be an important milestone to build on.

Our playstyle could really match it with them and make it a close game but I really worry out terrible right side defence is gonna get torn to shreds by Lui kikau and Burton they might put 60 on us

60 is an understatement ... with Pepsi the Clown calling the shots for us then the Chicos will edge the ton.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    60 is an understatement ... with Pepsi the Clown calling the shots for us then the Chicos will edge the ton.
    Pepsi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Cannot win. If players are charged out of the Wests game then take early guilty plea.
    Anyone who’s got any niggle should be rested.
    Let’s take a look at the other players in the squad who aren’t getting a game and see how they go.
    Sorry Bods, I couldn't disagree more. Play to win every week. Even saying that we've lost already is a bit defeatist in my mind. I know it is probably being a realist but you never know. Panthers may be complacent, may have a bad day, you never know.

Also as it is a home game next week, does that mean members can use their tickets to go to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Also as it is a home game next week, does that mean members can use their tickets to go to the game?
    No. The ticketed membership just includes games at CBus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    No. The ticketed membership just includes games at CBus.
    Dammit.

I'd rather have the best team possible for the team after this one (bulldogs) because at the moment we can't beat 14th on the table and 15th gave us a run for our money.