Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    When do we find our about fifi?
    His case is on now. He was after Mitch Dunn from the Cowboys, who was found guilty. Hoping for better luck with Fifita.

EDIT - He lost. Out two weeks. A joke.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/05/11/...-at-judiciary/
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 11-05-21 at 08:06 PM.

Well our lawyers must be terrible or ...............

What a surprise the Sydney judiciary doesn't let him off (even though Radley's was a spitting image and he was successful in getting downgraded).

Would think Marsters to centre, Fermor to backrow and McIntyre to the bench most likely

Inactive User

Hate to say I told you so....

It could be worth playing tino on the edge. Mofo to start and bringing mcintyre in. Move marsters to centre and fermy on the bench.

for ****'s sakes

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Hate to say I told you so....
    Worst part is we lose him this week and next week, then he plays (Rd 12) then he will be out for Rd 13 due to Origin and then we need to count on him backing up from origin against the Roosters in Rd 14 (3pm Saturday). Mightn't see him for a while.

what is the ****ing point in following this rigged competition anymore

so ****ing over it, I really am.

And how the **** does Dylan Brown get only 3 matches for smashing a bloke's ribs and puncturing his lung with knees to the back?

They've totally lost me.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 11-05-21 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    what is the ****ing point in following this rigged competition anymore

so ****ing over it, I really am.

And how the **** does Dylan Brown get only 3 matches for smashing a bloke's ribs and puncturing his lung with knees to the back?

They've totally lost me.
    Took the early plea

- - - Updated - - -

The barnstorming forward, who tuned into the hearing by video and was represented by Titans high performance senior advisor Mal Meninga, tried to have a grade-two careless high tackle charge downgraded so he could face the undefeated Panthers on Sunday at Suncorp Stadium.

But after just 20 minutes of delibration the judiciary panel decided that Fifita's shot on Adam Doueihi late in Saturday's 36-28 win over the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium warranted its initial grading.

He could have accepted a one-match ban by taking the early guilty plea, which affords a 25 percent discount in punishment, but the unsuccessful challenge means Fifita will also be sidelined for the round-11 match against the last-placed Bulldogs.

The 21-year-old was all-but beaten by Doueihi's right-foot step and hung out an arm that clocked the Tigers five-eighth around the head as he went for the try-line in the 79th minute.

The former Bronco was then sin-binned for the dying moments of the game by referee Ashley Klein.

Match Highlights: Wests Tigers v TitansMatch Highlights: Wests Tigers v Titans
    Match Highlights: Wests Tigers v Titans
    Fifita, who featured in an NRL Magic Round video promotion unveiled by head of football Graham Annesley on Monday, would have been a drawcard for the weekend's final game at his old stomping ground.

The seventh-placed Gold Coast's task to topple Penrith is even tougher without Fifita given he has scored nine tries in nine appearances for his new club as well as averaging 140 metres per outing.

NRL prosecutor Peter McGrath submitted that Fifita was "highly careless" and launched himself at Doueihi after being "wrong-footed" with his feet leaving the ground.

McGrath argued there was moderate force in the tackle but he conceded the risk of injury was low because Fifita collected the side of Doueihi's face with his palm or wrist.

Meninga countered by saying that Doueihi had decreased his height as he approached contact and claimed that Fifita's feet being in the air upon impact reduced the force.

He claimed the incident wasn't even worthy of a sin-bin and argued that Fifita used a "wrapping, slapping, cupping motion" while Doueihi's head never hit the ground.

"Were not saying it's not careless, what we're saying is there's no swinging arm – there's a sort of cupping motion on player Doueihi's head," Meninga said.

"Momentum of both players helped drag Doueihi to the ground."

The Titans referred to an incident from last year in which Rabbitohs fullback Latrell Mitchell received a grade-one careless high tackle charge for a similar shot on Wests Tigers second-rower Luke Garner as evidence that a grade-two ruling was too harsh for Fifita.

Meninga posited that Mitchell was in a better position to make a tackle and used a swinging arm. McGrath argued that Mitchell's force was lower.

Judiciary chairman Geoff Bellew instructed the panel to deem the Mitchell comparable unhelpful if they believe that incident was judged too leniently.

Sooooo we didn't hire a lawyer and we didn't use the Radley tackle in our defence.

wow that's pathetic.

Sheesh, no Radley example? How embarrassing

I just really ****ing hate how they call him the former bronco instead of 'the titans second rower', 'the barnstorming forward' or what not

Inactive User

Oh my lord. Oh my lord. It’s way more amateur than I thought.
    Mal Meninga was our legal team.
    That’s actually worse than hiring Denis Denuto.
    Anyway maybe my lunatic idea of accepting guilty pleas and resting any players with niggles this week wasn’t so idiotic.
    No Fifita against the Bulldogs and it could be coming off a biblical hiding too.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Sheesh, no Radley example? How embarrassing
    If true give him 4 weeks, how idiotic to not bring that up. Deadset amateur

Fifita gets slapped with two weeks for slapping ... Mal MyFinger = lol ... FMD sometimes we are just dumber than dumb. I'm going to jump in the canal, the FAR CANAL.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.