Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Am I biased? That reffing was atrocious. They seemed determined to even the scores up.
    Ball knocked forward out of the hands. Play on, try.
    Then, ball clearly stripped, knock on us.
    I'm fuming after a win over the same calls! If this is where the sport of rugby league is whereby the refs and bunker will cherry pick and be bias then I'm giving it away.

What channel is the soccer on?

Still plenty of work to do, but got the result in the end.

Some thoughts-

Boyd’s best game at 6. Liked what i saw tonight. Could be the answer, but want to see more. Defense was great near the goal line.

Fogarty played well too. Goal kicking was great and a tidy break that should have led to a try. Seemed to be leading the team at the end and was barking at the players near the finish.

Fermor looks a real weapon and can’t wait for him to be on the edge instead of Proctor. Obviously playing out of position but worked really hard. Not many stopping BJ one-on-one there.

Finally, we still have some players who are looking for short cuts when they are buggered. Surely Wallace must be leading set restart penalties given away. Him, Proctor, Rein and Peachey all lack discipline and make poor decisions when fatigued.

Finally, another shout out to our coaching team. We have obviously seen something from opposition defences when we are coming off our tryline and are catching teams out with early shifts.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 08-05-21 at 07:04 PM.

Junior

28 points doesn't make for good reading but I thought we showed some improvement defensively.
    I feel like the owners need to give Holbrook the green light to launch on the refereeing against us, I'm not sure how else to handle it.
    I can't wait for Fermor to cement a spot in the pack. (preferably taking Proctors spot)

Fox is picking up on the refs so hopefully gains some traction and we get the rub of the whistle next week.

First Grader

That was the best game I have seen from boyd. If he could play like that every week I'd be happy to let him play full time. Is he a premiership winning 5'8th? I don't think so. But solid enough for the time being until something else pops up.

That reading was absolutely atrocious. Im nearly certain nofo didn't even get the ball down, kelly held him up. I've never seen the refs have so much influence on a game as this season.

Brimson got tackled near their goal line and held for ages it was a sin bin offence yet we didn't even get a 6 again. Then the next set we get the ball he gives us one that we didn't deserve down the other end of the field as a square up. Brimmo got binned for less than that last week

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    That was the best game I have seen from boyd. If he could play like that every week I'd be happy to let him play full time. Is he a premiership winning 5'8th? I don't think so. But solid enough for the time being until something else pops up.

That reading was absolutely atrocious. Im nearly certain nofo didn't even get the ball down, kelly held him up. I've never seen the refs have so much influence on a game as this season.

Brimson got tackled near their goal line and held for ages it was a sin bin offence yet we didn't even get a 6 again. Then the next set we get the ball he gives us one that we didn't deserve down the other end of the field as a square up. Brimmo got binned for less than that last week
    Agree, agree, agree.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    How can the NRL get away with this all of the time!!!
    Yes, an absolute disgrace.

16-4 infringement count (penalty count) against a winning side is ridiculously suspect. (Well done boys to over come this.)

The ruck spreed was so blatantly influenced by the ref with Titans being asked to spring to their feet like supermen and the Tigers laying all over us without pretty much no retribution. We were never allowed to take advantage of our dominance with the ball. Looks like I wasn’t imagining as the nrl stats back it up with play the ball speeds .25 seconds slower by Titans.

Add these things to the **** calls against us and it is unbelievable.

We should lodge an offical complaint as I think something drastic needs to stop the rot.

Sorry mate if you weren’t referring to the obvious cheating ref.

Inactive User

Just watched it now as if live. Haven’t read the comments of everyone else.
    Anyway-that referee was a disgrace. What a home town knob.
    If we are to lose Peachey/Fifita next week then take the early guilty pleas and rest up anyone with even the slightest of niggles against Penrith as we can’t win it and we should try and reset and regroup for the following game.
    We have so much improvement in us in errors and defence still.

How bloody good is it to have a win though!!!!
    YEW!!!
    Scotch time

Watched it also as if live and although I’m so pleased to have the points we were atrocious in defense for the fourth week running. Refs can come join our squad because they are perfect foils for our incompetence.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

When the Tigers scored that last try with 12 seconds to go, he immediately blew time off for him to kick the goal. I know that the clock is stopped in the last 5 minutes after the kick at goal is attempted, but not straight away when the try is scored. I could be wrong but if I not that was also an atrocious decision as it gave the Tigers one last play from kick off which I don’t believe they should have. The clear knock on from the Tigers before they scored their try was a howler.

Klein was an absolute disaster who tried as much to get the Tigers over the line. Just disgraceful referring.

Agree with everyone’s thoughts on the ref he was diabolical and not sure how he could justify some decisions if he was asked
    Our defence was a little better but still lots of room for improvement

Ref decisions or no, we need to take a page out of the chooks book, doesnt matter who is injured people keep showing up and doing their job. Like others im getting sick of seeing Don on the team sheet. Hes to old and too slow these days and doesnt even back himself anymore, he's our leading try scorer and hasnt scored a try for some time... good under the high ball but cant seem to do much with it. I respect Don especially for everything he has done but its time to go... Also seems our only attacking kick is a kick to Don, which from memory the only time its actually pulled off was last night for an offload to Kelly?

First Grader

Yes I have looked up the rule book and Klein should not have blown time off when the Tigers scored that last try which was again another blatant incorrect ruling

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Just watched it now as if live. Haven’t read the comments of everyone else.
    Anyway-that referee was a disgrace. What a home town knob.
    If we are to lose Peachey/Fifita next week then take the early guilty pleas and rest up anyone with even the slightest of niggles against Penrith as we can’t win it and we should try and reset and regroup for the following game.
    We have so much improvement in us in errors and defence still.

How bloody good is it to have a win though!!!!
    YEW!!!
    Scotch time
    Where did you see the replay? I have Fox and can’t find it. I was out for a family dinner last night so unfortunately couldn’t watch live.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Yes I have looked up the rule book and Klein should not have blown time off when the Tigers scored that last try which was again another blatant incorrect ruling
    What does the rule say?