Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

One week will not fix a hip problem that has been ongoing for two months if that is the case. Has to be more form or attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Form I can understand. Fitness reasons? Does that mean he is not doing what is required at training or has missed training. Disciplinary?
    Hmm. Something doesn't read right. I think we should cut him anyway but if this speeds that up well maybe not a bad thing. Unfortunately the replacements are no better.
    I don't know if the replacement is no better. Better in defence, won't give up, won't hide, gets to put his case forward for playing the rest of the year over a bloke that has rarely proven his case to be in the squad. The bottom lip will drop now, wonder if he can mentally come back at all.

Getting worried now. Boyd didn't really offer much when he played last time. I love the ferminator but we are looking very makeshift at the moment. I would have opted for mcintyre over ese ese as well. I hope tino strengthens the middle up.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I don't know if the replacement is no better. Better in defence, won't give up, won't hide, gets to put his case forward for playing the rest of the year over a bloke that has rarely proven his case to be in the squad. The bottom lip will drop now, wonder if he can mentally come back at all.
    You are probably right there JB - you know that we have similar opinions on Ash.
    I thought he had an op to fix the hip issue but maybe I'm wrong and it was something else. It will be a juggling act with him for the rest of the season before he gets the chop, and when they tell him. As Dooldog says above, I think it is more than hips. More like he will not or cannot do what the coach tells him.

I'm more happy ash isn't playing because it reduces a chance of him getting a contract. I did have a little bit of belief left through the preseason but now that is all gone. Would much rather see Tanah or even Campbell get a run, in the hopes we sign a marquee half for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Form I can understand. Fitness reasons? Does that mean he is not doing what is required at training or has missed training. Disciplinary?
    Hmm. Something doesn't read right. I think we should cut him anyway but if this speeds that up well maybe not a bad thing. Unfortunately the replacements are no better.
    At least the replacement (Boyd) actually tries. He's not there yet in quality but he's still a kid. I hope Taylor is never picked again.

First Grader

It was mentioned on 360 that apparently the club is even considering looking at brimson as a potential 5'8th. I wonder if holbrook is sneakily going to debut Campbell at fullback and run aj at 5'8th...?

I havnt seen 1 moment of tanah where I thought that he was a chance of being a gun first grader

Rep Player

AJ is our long term fullback but given that he didn’t have a pre-season and doesn’t appear to be at full fitness, it might be a good move to temporarily shift him to 5/8 and give a young bloke like Campbell a go.

QLD Cup

Ash is copping a lot of flack on here (some of it is fair) but he is a large part of why that left edge of ours has become so dangerous. I’m aware that he hasn’t been great when we get within the oppositions twenty but most of our long range attack has come from an early shift from Taylor. I think his defence has actually looked a lot more physical this year. He made a couple of decent spot tackles last week that single handedly stopped a try. He has been getting done for pace amd effort though which says to me that his problems are more physical than effort based.

While I’d love to see Campbell have a run, I’m not sure that AJ at 6 would yield the same results as Boyd on that left edge. AJ loves tucking the ball and running. He’s not really a provider as such. Just my opinion though.

Keep it simple. AJ to 5/8 and Campbell to FB might be our undoing this week. Ash dropped, we had a bloke in Boyd fill in earlier in the year, so keep it simple. Even bringing in Marsters this week seems risky.

We need to get the 2 points.

NZFan I'd say it's fair to say that Corey and Fifita have had a fair few solo efforts scoring down that left edge too.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Titans five-eighth Ash Taylor has been ruled out of his side’s clash with the Tigers for form and fitness reasons.

Noice
    He did seem to be carrying extra weight where a person doesn't need it.

Does anyone think Campbell would actually be able to play NRL this year? I know hes been carving up in QCUP but everytime I see him he just looks so skinny. I know Sam Walker is quite small too but Campbell looks like he'd be lucky to be 75kgs, and it's a lot harder to be that light when he'd have to make kick returns

Will be an interesting game and am ok with the team except for the right edge forward Dildo Baggins ... Taylor looks like he's been playing busted, so happy enough he's rested (KFC hips might be a bit unfair, it's hard to get fully fit if you're not truly recovered) ... I rubbished PC when he first came into grade as being too small in a time when there was no protection for little blokes, I won't make that mistake with his boy ... AJ needs to get his hands on the ball more but I feel he's not a 5/8 ... a win would solve a lot.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Sami, Don and Proctor all named to start again....im having flashbacks to seeing Zillman, Hoffman and Greenwood named each week

Let’s hope Sami is dropped at least