Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 9: WESTS TIGERS vs TITANS

WESTS TIGERS vs TITANS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Is anyone feeling confident for this game?? I'm not.

Inactive User

Learn to friggin tackle again like at the end of last year, be slightly footy smart and be connected in defence for god sake this week. Couldn’t give a stuff about our attack this week.

The way we finished last year...then add Fifita and Tino.

No wonder we're disappointed. 3 losses in a row. WTF?

Banned

If Madge gets sacked can we have him

Would love to see some changes
    1. Brimson
    2. Spry
    3. Kelly
    4. Fermor
    5. Marzhew
    6. Boyd
    7. Fogarty
    8. Mo
    9. Rein
    10. Wallace
    11. Tino
    12. Fifita
    13. Peachey
    14. Clarke
    15. McIntyre
    16. Joliffe
    17. Ese Ese

Sadly I doubt proctor, Sami, don and Taylor will be dropped but it would be nice to see.

Spry is not even being picked in reserve grade so he's no chance.
    Feedback on the forum is that Marzhew is not playing well so I doubt he gets a look in.
    Sami is either on the wing or dropped.

The team should not be doing any attack work this week, just defense, every session for the entire session.

Think I am going back to old times and going in to games expecting a loss. Sadly I honestly don't think we could beat a single team at the moment with the way we are defending (I think HS made the mention that a QCUP team would run riot on us at the moment and he's spot on).

Doesn't get any easy with Thompson gone for up to 6 weeks. Sounds like Spry is a no go so think it's worth giving Marzhew a go. As stated on here he has been playing averagely in the QCUP but we don't have much of an option at the moment.

Other than that - thank god we get Tino back and hopefully he has smartened up and learnt his lesson re shoulder charges

QLD Cup

Marzhew ran for 196m off 12 carries last week. Besides Thompson, I’d love to know when was the last time one of our wingers ran that many metres in a game. For the record, Don ran a whopping 81 m off 12 carries last night (including that 20 odd metres where he almost slowed to a walk...)

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Marzhew ran for 196m off 12 carries last week. Besides Thompson, I’d love to know when was the last time one of our wingers ran that many metres in a game. For the record, Don ran a whopping 81 m off 12 carries last night (including that 20 odd metres where he almost slowed to a walk...)
    It is ISC though

I love Marzhew as a player but making metres isn’t going to change our fortunes much at the moment. We need reliable, high effort and defensively sound players on those edges. Which we don't really have.

He might go close to getting a gig given our injury toll though. Pearson is out for a while too after injuring himself in ISC last week.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 01-05-21 at 02:51 PM.

Inactive User

I thought this year might be a year where the Titans grabs the sporting public of the GC and a bad year for the Suns. I go for both clubs so I’m happy to see the Suns are going ok (not setting the world on fire but going respectable).
    This poor defence is really costing the Titans a huge opportunity.

QLD Cup

It is ISC HZ but our other options do not make that much metres in the ISC or first grade. Until he gets given a crack we will never know.

Whilst metres isn’t everything, starting our sets off well gives the forwards a rest. Have a listen to Matty Johns interview with Karmichael Hunt where Bennet directed him to stop messing around at the back and carry the ball back to the line as quick as possible. Every metre that is earnt on a quick return is a metre that the forwards don’t have to back track, which in turn benefits their energy levels on defence. If I was a forward on the weekend and I saw Don walking back into the defensive line then I would have given him an earful. It is just not acceptable at NRL level (or any level for that matter). It says to the rest of the team that we’ve given up.

Tbf mate Don was running for 150m+ in his ISC games too a few years back. Even Sami carves up at that level. I’m not dismissing that Marzhew has a great carry, but a lot of it is second and third tackle work from dummy half. whether he could produce that with the pace of NRL I’m not sure. Would be interested to see though.

I’ve seen that interview and enjoyed it. Unfortunately wingers/fullbacks flying back into the line ala KHunt isn’t generally what they’re coached to do anymore with the priority being getting to spots and setting up for whatever their exit sets are meant to look like (eg we compress the D and then hurl it left from deep quite often). Regardless, Don’s returns are horrible and I agree with what you’re saying about how poorly it starts our sets.

The player I’m interested to see work his way into an opportunity is Lofi Khan-Pereira. Fearless return of the ball and he’d be the fastest in the entire roster.

Our whole edges of second row, half, centre and wing are reading defence so badly.

The half and centre coming in when not needing leaving winger hanging a lot. Sami is shot, but Herbert not a lot better. I really like Spry as a player and hope he comes back at some point, but it wont help the defence and i'm not sure playing any fringe second rowers like Fermor there will help either. Only way out of it is some really extensive situational training to build up confidence and teamwork in decision making. until then Fogarty needs to really step up and be the game manager Holbrook has trusted him to be, which he is no where near at the moment. our forwards are making yards, so a decent kicking game can reduce the amount of attack other teams get to throw at us. Bombing and hoping is not going to get it done. Gun to my head - if I had to drop one half right now, Fogarty is gone first, but id keep them both right now and hope team can rebuild the defensive game.

my only certainties in this team are:

1. Brimson
    3.Kelly
    5. Thompson
    8. Mofo
    9. Rein - no where near a problem at the moment. He has been super solid and we have way bigger issues
    10. Tino
    12. Fifita

14. Joliffe

Wallace and Peachey are very close and have been very good for most of this season, but last 2 weeks have got back into some old habits with penalties.

Taylor and Fogarty are ''ok'' - I would still select them in team moving forward, but if something better came along youd take a long hard look.

No issues with Lisone either, he has been great off bench

I read on Facebook today, yes I know it was Facebook, that someone saw and spoke to Corey Thompson today at Robina who said he was having surgery tomorrow and would be out for 6 weeks. Bugger if true.