Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

NRL.com Preview: Broncos v Titans: Dearden dropped, Milford returns; Don back on deck
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/26/...isone-to-miss/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

LeagueUnlimited Broncos v Titans Preview
    https://leagueunlimited.com/news/358...itans-preview/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

From debut to derby, McIntyre enjoying big fortnight as a Titan
    Video: https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...ht-as-a-titan/

From debut to derby, it's a big two weeks in the rugby league life of Sam McIntyre.

After making his first start as a Titan in round seven, the 23-year-old will now turn his attention to his first local derby clash against the Brisbane Broncos.

"It was really good to be out there with the Titans and to be Titans player #162 out at Cbus it was awesome, it was really good," McIntyre said.

"I've never played at Suncorp before.

"Being new to the Titans and knowing this rivalry is pretty fresh to me but I know the boys want this one really bad."

After playing 12 games for Wests Tigers in 2020, McIntyre was strong in his first appearance in Gold Coast colours playing 55 minutes off the bench.

"I just want to keep putting in consistent performances and nail that spot in that team," McIntyre said.

"I knew it was going to be hard to make the side but that's what I want to do, I want to be part a really good side and perform well in a good side and hopefully we can play some finals footy at the end of the year.

"I'm still learning, I'm still young and I want to build my craft.

"I just do the extras, try and add some more ball playing, look at the film and see what I can work on.

"I don't look for praise, I don't go seeking praise, I just want to do my job for the team."

While keen to work on his own game, McIntyre is taking a keen interest in a new face that will line up against the Titans this week.

"I used to live with Tyson Gamble (named in the halves for the Broncos), so we used to be roomies and we are best mates.

"It would be awesome if he got a crack against us because we could give it to each other all game.

"It'd be awesome if I got to line up against him."

Broncos’ sledge on Fifita burns Titans
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

THE Broncos-Titans rivalry has ignited after a sledge from Brisbane chairman Karl Morris left Gold Coast hierarchy fuming and David Fifita on a mission to destroy his former club.

Fifita will return to Suncorp Stadium on Friday night for the first time since quitting the Broncos to sign a $3.5 million deal with the Titans.

The Queensland Origin star has been the NRL’s most destructive player in 2021, bulldozing his rivals to score nine tries in seven games, including two hat-tricks.

The Titans won the tug of war for Fifita after offering him a club record three-year deal to leave Brisbane, which included a $1.2 million package for the 2021 season.

At the time of Fifita’s defection, the Broncos were engulfed by scandals and hurtling towards the club’s first wooden spoon under former coach Anthony Seibold, creating a perfect storm for the Titans to pounce.

Fifita, 21, has so far lived up to his price tag and began his sensational run of form this season with a two-try demolition of the Broncos at Cbus Super Stadium in Round 2.

In the lead-up to his first game against Brisbane, Morris said that Fifita quit the club purely for money and not because of perceived cultural problems at the Broncos.

“People who want to question our culture ... let’s be honest, David Fifita was offered a $1.2 million deal by the Titans,” he said.

“We felt the position was worth $800,000 and we felt that was right for David at this stage of his career. If other clubs wish to overpay or the Titans wanted to fix a problem they felt they had by paying a lot more than we were prepared to, well that’s their option.

“That’s the reality of it. It was an option process. We got to a point where we said ‘this is what we are prepared to pay and we won’t go further’.

“I’m not going to say what the Titans have done is wrong, but the maths just didn’t work for the Broncos at the moment. David is a tremendous talent and we didn’t want to lose him ideally, but every asset can be mispriced.

“The culture wasn’t a factor at all. It wasn’t a great year for the Broncos and I’m not saying the environment Dave found himself in was helpful. But would Dave have left for $100,000 more or $400,000 more? Who knows?

“Dave as a 20-year-old had to decide between $800,000 and $1.2 million. That’s a huge differential. He has a short window as an athlete to make that sort of money so I wish David all the best and hope he succeeds at the Titans.”

Morris’ comments went down like a lead balloon at Titans HQ, with Gold Coast figures believing the club’s vastly improved results and culture played a key role in securing Fifita.

Titans figures believe the Broncos chairman’s jibes worked against Brisbane and motivated Fifita to perform against his former club as he produced a man-of-thematch performance.

It was a painful sight for Broncos fans to watch Fifita tearing up the club he debuted for and Brisbane prop Payne Haas said their onfield struggles cost them Fifita.

“One big thing why we can’t keep people is we aren’t winning games,” Haas said.

First Grader

If we are to be taken seriously this season we need to learn how to defend and fast. It's simply not good enough letting in 30 points per week, not a finals team if we keep it up

Payne Haas and TPJ running onto the ball close to our line...scary. Our defence HAS to be up for this.

Let’s hope the extra defence training they did will stop the leakage on that one side

Rep Player

Not to dwell but after travelling all the way down from CQ to watch last weeks game it was just so deflating to see our defence in the 2nd half get absolutely exploited.

While I was expecting it after the Manly loss, im hoping to see a huge amount of intensity in our defensive effort this week otherwise questions need to be asked. I will always trust Holbrook and his selections as these things take time to gel, however, when it is clear that teams are exploiting players and sides (*cough* left side *cough*) then changes need to be made.

Keen to see McIntyre rip in and as for Ese Ese hes been given a shot so time to prove you belong in the starting 17.

One thing I noticed last game against the donkeys is they were just chewing metres every set but couldnt finish...we need to be up off our line and meeting them. If we sit back on our line then Haas or TPJ is just going to crash over like so many other teams have.

With the broncos, tigers, panthers and bulldogs up next nothing less than 3/4 is acceptable for a projected top 8 team.

Rip in boys!
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 30-04-21 at 08:39 AM.

Yep. Stating the obvious but this is a must win. Can't drop 3 in a row and be serious about making the finals. Still very nervous. The only consolation is that Milford hasn't been picked on form but out of spite for deaden's defection.

Inactive User

Tonight is about defence and defence only
    If it’s been fixed up then the result will be the one we want

Inactive User

Sounds like Peach might play some hooker tonight

@JB get the lotion ready mate - Beau 'the Firm' Fermor joins the bench with Erin Clark dropping to 18th man.

Good move, Jolliffe, Ese'ese, McIntyre and Fermor is the best bench we can name imo, plenty of versatility and size there.

Fermor in for Clark

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    @JB get the lotion ready mate - Beau 'the Firm' Fermor joins the bench with Erin Clark dropping to 18th man.

Good move, Jolliffe, Ese'ese, McIntyre and Fermor is the best bench we can name imo, plenty of versatility and size there.
    Already half through a box of tissues

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Fermor in for Clark
    Clark dropped or injured?

And who takes Rein's place when he's gassed like he always is?

I'm very worried now. I hope coach has thought this one through...