Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    We have so many people in motion in attack they have nothing left for defense ... we need Tino back and we can’t keep carrying non athletic forwards who turn like the Titanic eg Fifita is a complete liability on the edge in defense. Fermor, Farmer, even Stone are the body shapes we need. And I add they need to have at least a little bit of nouse which is something Proctor’s obviously lacking.
    In regards to Fifita I always felt personally that he is better suited to playing in the 13. Freedom to roam in attack and play what's in front of him and defending up the middle. I think he gets found out by guys like Isaako who have footwork and speed. Tino can hold his own more out wider in defense. Other than a better hooker that really is the only change I would make to the forward pack.

As for last night Holbrook should have given Fifita a rest. TPJ did a number on him and you couls see Fifita physically hurting midway through the second half. A 20 minute break for him at the start of the second half before coming on for the last 20 could have seen Fifita have a bigger impact in the outcome of the match. Broncos made a similar mistake with Haas for a while, constantly playing him for 80, it dulled his effectiveness. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
    Last edited by Big K; 01-05-21 at 03:49 PM.