Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    How many "6 agains" did we give up in the first half to let them back in the game? That's just dumb lack of concentration.
    I'm really not loving the "6 again". I think they are being over used in games. I can't help but wonder, if the 6 again rule wasn't introduced...would the refs really be blowing that many penalties in games ? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Imagine winning one game despite still conceding 22 points in 20 minutes and your reaction is to jump on the opposition forum, make an account, and deliver some awkward battle cry/abusive troll post like you’ve achieved anything. Bronco Bill wreaks of some sad virgin parked up in his mothers basement wearing all his Broncos gear, eating oven baked chicken tendies in literal tears of joy watching the match highlights for the 27th time.

Couldn’t even get through the entire post it was so cringe. Needless to say he’s been banned.
    Hahaha! Classic, HS!

I had him pegged the same. The only difference being...for me the picture he painted of himself was that of a sad virgin parked up in his 1 bedroom flat, eating chinese takeaway that had gone cold during his bus ride home and masturbating furiously to his worn out VHS tape of the 2006 grand final.

Holbrook handled the presser well I thought. Honest assessment and no excuses.

A Qcup team would’ve run through our defence last night it was that bad. I’m not sure what’s happened since the early rounds but it needs to be fixed and fixed quickly because based on current form we won’t be able to beat anyone in the comp.

It’s embarrassing and humiliating to be losing like we are and the next few weeks will be a big test of coaching and character.

It will certainly be a big job to rectify. We don't want to become a side that plays our opposition into form...and we definitely don't want to let our defensive inadequacies become deep rooted. I can't imagine a more surefire way to destroy confidence on every level than to continually surrender big leads.

The rot has to stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Holbrook handled the presser well I thought. Honest assessment and no excuses.

A Qcup team would’ve run through our defence last night it was that bad. I’m not sure what’s happened since the early rounds but it needs to be fixed and fixed quickly because based on current form we won’t be able to beat anyone in the comp.

It’s embarrassing and humiliating to be losing like we are and the next few weeks will be a big test of coaching and character.
    To be honest, I think the team has got ahead of themselves. Thinking attack will get them through and not playing the 80 mins. Holbrook hinted at this in the presser. Lots of young kids winning games and getting cocky. D wins games and they are probably believing the hype of the media. Great wake up call for them and us as fans. They are getting there but they are not the comp winners we want them to be. It seems more psychological to me rather than ability.

Last year many of our players were labelled under rated, looks like we have the opposite problem this year. Some of our stars when lined up against the best in the comp fall way short

Inactive User

Fogarty and Taylor high bombs to players who catch it on the full without pressure ****s me
    We saw what happened to the Man Corey T when you place it correctly and you can smash the opponent.
    The last 3 weeks are Shame shame shame.

I’m so down today on our players and club

Holbrook should drop both or one of our captains and put the whole team on notice, our so called leaders like proctor Wallace and Fogarty have been 3 of our worst no resilience at all can throw ash in there as well they should be blasting fitita to get more involved and getting him good ball and leading by example not giving away so many 6 against and making so many errors

QLD Cup

Very good point Bods. It s**ts me as well. Most of the time it is the kickers fault for putting the kicks too deep but other times the chasers just don’t run hard enough. It’s like the chasers just assume the kick will be too far so don’t bother chasing through.

During the week I watched some of Taylor’s earlier highlights to see what his strengths really were when he burst onto the scene. Without a doubt his best attribute was his short kicking game. What has happened to that is beyond me. The first try to Proctor was Taylor at his best circa 2016, then for some reason we decided to stop giving him the ball and let Fogarty bomb the ball to no one consecutively. So hard to watch

Chin up guys, I know the last three weeks have been hard, I understand your frustration, as a Broncos supporter the last few years have been a nightmare. I do believe the Titans have the right coach and have recruited extremely well to move the team forward. It doesn't happen over night, but it will happen. Titans play footy I love to watch.

There were alot of ifs and maybes last night, Taylor throws the ball to the runner inside Oates and the Titans score and not the Broncos. Both teams scored some amazing tries last night.

Anyway stay strong Titans are moving in the right direction

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Big K View Post
    Chin up guys, I know the last three weeks have been hard, I understand your frustration, as a Broncos supporter the last few years have been a nightmare. I do believe the Titans have the right coach and have recruited extremely well to move the team forward. It doesn't happen over night, but it will happen. Titans play footy I love to watch.

There were alot of ifs and maybes last night, Taylor throws the ball to the runner inside Oates and the Titans score and not the Broncos. Both teams scored some amazing tries last night.

Anyway stay strong Titans are moving in the right direction
    Big K is the opposite of DrongoeBill and a_guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Fogarty and Taylor high bombs to players who catch it on the full without pressure ****s me
    We saw what happened to the Man Corey T when you place it correctly and you can smash the opponent.
    The last 3 weeks are Shame shame shame.

I’m so down today on our players and club
    I am with you there Bods and I can't recall being as disappointed after a game for a while.

An alarming thing to me is that we have had a very soft draw to start the year and haven't taken advantage of it. We have only played the Raiders and Souths of the top teams. in contrast the Broncs have played Parra twice, Storm, Rabbits and Panthers. Manly also had a tough start, so I think we are going to pay for our start when the tough games roll around. In fact, the slow start has probably made finals footy a dream, again.

That was a hard one to sit through, probably our worst defensive effort in recent years. What's doing, Jimmy?

Attack - class
    Defence - a*s

We have scored some extraordinary tries this year but seemingly have no defence at all. You can see when defending that we play passively and wait for the attacker to reach the line, instead of coming up as one and smashing them. And then our edges are the complete opposite - our wingers and centres clearly don't trust each other and love to come flying in.

We seem to have the mentality that we can score 40 and keep the opposition to 30 but that won't get us many wins at all. Jimmy D and co really need to work out this defence thing or we will be bottom 4 again.

We have so many people in motion in attack they have nothing left for defense ... we need Tino back and we can’t keep carrying non athletic forwards who turn like the Titanic eg Fifita is a complete liability on the edge in defense. Fermor, Farmer, even Stone are the body shapes we need. And I add they need to have at least a little bit of nouse which is something Proctor’s obviously lacking.
    Last edited by Titanic; 01-05-21 at 01:56 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.