Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

We will get the spoon again with performances like that. F**king appalling. Sami, Don, Taylor can all go. Mo isn't doing it for me at the moment either, don't know if you put him in QCup but he isn't half the player he's capable of being. Herbert and Tino cannot come back quickly enough. Fogarty as others have said isn't first grade quality.

Peachey, Thompson and Brimson can't really be faulted. Tried their guts out the entire time they were on. Fifita wasn't bad but didn't set the world on fire either this time.

Something really needs to happen, and happen fast. It is going south very quickly.

I thought Mo was good tonight. That's the best game he's played all year.

Banned

I'm going to support Benji and the bunnies now

If Holbrook doesn't start dropping a few players after these last few weeks then I'll start losing faith in his coaching ability, there's no way am NRL team should defend that poorly

‘Feel like I’m back coaching under 20s’: Titans coach unloads over ‘horrible’ problem.

Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook likened his players to schoolboys in lamenting some soft defence that let Brisbane upset the “little brother” 36-28 in a Suncorp Stadium boilover.

The Titans were tipped by many experts to play finals this year but now they’ve won only three of their opening eight games.

On Friday they missed 26 tackles, and 21 in the first half as they squandered a 22-0 lead to be run over by the Broncos.

Last week they led South Sydney before being run down by the Rabbitohs as well.

Holbrook was an unhappy man as he fronted media on Friday and he knows exactly what the problem with his team is.

“We started the year OK at (gritty defence) and now we’re just falling away,” Holbrook said.

“It can be hard when you’re having great attack and it’s all happening and everything is going well, and then the minute they’ve got the ball you forget that you’ve got to defend."

“That’s what we’re doing at the minute and we’ve got no one that’s getting us out of it. We just can’t stop the traffic once it’s going against us."

“That’s why I’m sitting here disappointed again and that’s why we’re not winning games of footy, because we’re just not good enough at stopping it through the middle or (we’re) making really horrible decisions on edges."

“We’re just leaking points everywhere."

“We’re playing great as a team when we’ve got the ball and we’re defending on our own when we don’t have it. We are individually trying to guess what we should be doing and we’re getting it horribly wrong."

“We can’t stop the opposition and that’s a big worry we’ve got to fix.”

Holbrook was asked if his side could still play finals this season.

His response was honest and to the point.

“We’re a million miles off it at the moment,” he said.

“It was horrible to watch. We’re not defending well, we know that, everyone knows that. It’s so obvious."

“We’re not tackling well with 13 men, we actually need 14 men on the field."

“It’s not one or two people, it is so many of us making the wrong decisions when we don’t have the ball."

“I feel like I’m back coaching under 20s footy again the last few weeks. It’s horrible."

“We’ve got to look at myself as coach and make sure we get things right.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...c5d3c1fd1fe2f3

Drop players for who though? Who are you going to drop Sami and Don for? Herbert and Thompson are injured, Fermor isn’t a centre and is as much of a liability in defence there as anyone, Spry is unavailable and Marzhew is in bad form apparently.

Honestly our middle defence and most of our tackling was fine even pretty good and some of you may think that statement is laughable but it is true. Our problem was that as soon as the broncos went two passes wide they had an overlap.

Yes the referring was below standard and weighted heavily towards the Broncos but even if that might have been enough to get Broncos home that effort did not deserve a win.

This has to be the turning point. This has to be the game where Holbrook tells the playing to pull their ****ing heads in and play for the players around them. Drop players if they need to. Get some youth in there who are hungry to win like Farmer. I honestly don’t know how to turn that around but do ****ing something because this **** is ****ing abysmal. Get Brimson into the play more. Be ****ing brutal on the plodders for not getting onside quick enough in attack. I was at the game and towards the end it didn’t even look like we wanted to win. Be brutal when players give away dumb penalties and six agains and be ****ing brutal when we defend like that. Holbrook needs to bring players like Wallace, Taylor, Sami, Proctor and others and just give it to them honestly. It’s time he stops protecting the players but rather calling them out and getting them to perform or **** off.

I will never not stick by my titans but it is past the point where J am defending them all the time. We have to be critical on ourselves and we need to start getting some results

Banned

This is what happens when you spend 1.25 million on Fifita
    Other areas and positions are weakened

Sorry CT but that’s just not correct ... for Taylor perhaps but we can’t buy a team of stars and Fifita is that ... a week ago he was a hero. The club can only get whose available at any given time. The Minister of Defense needs to take a good hard look at his work.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Lol@this comedian
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Banned

Get this bronco out of this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Bill_1 View Post
    What a game. Even with the refs helping you out all night and V'Landy's giving you special treatment we still came from 22 behind and won. It was wonderful, it was without a doubt the greatest game in our beautiful club's history I've seen in my lifetime. It's an early birthday present for me but I'll gladly accept. We've had to put up with so much BS and adversity the last two years. It's not easy going up against the refs, NRL and the media yet we still prevailed and will continue to do so. That display you just witnessed was good old Bronco spirit/passion, something your plastic club will never comprehend.

No matter how much the media tried to hype your team up we all knew the sort of arrogant deluded pretenders that you were. LOL Tino and Fifita were touted as superstar saviors of your club. Where were they tonight? Did they play? Cause I sure as **** didn't notice them. LMAO you fans never learn.

Thanks for taking Cash Taylor off us. You should re-sign him for another 5 year 1 mil a season deal. It won't be long until he takes another paid leave. Perks of being a franchise half at your club. And how good is Holdbrook going. Holdbrook more like Handbrake because you're not going anywhere forward with this coach. To think you turned your nose up on Kevie for this pommie coach. Kevie pulled apart your defense. If you signed Kevie as coach none of this karma would be happening. Hindsight is a *****. You need to fill more of your club with Ex Bronco greats if you ever want your club to be taken seriously. You need to borrow as much pride and passion from us if you ever want to be relevant.

Watch us sign Adam Reynolds and return to power. Mark my words, now we've passed through the unfair run of our draw we'll finish above you this year and you will return to your rightful place as the bottom feeders of the competition where you belong.

EAD you wankers you get what you deserve.
    hahahahahahah

Inactive User

I challenged DrongoeBill to show up after all our consecutive wins over them on the forum and he took the coward option and hid away. That’s what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Bill_1 View Post
    What a game. Even with the refs helping you out all night and V'Landy's giving you special treatment we still came from 22 behind and won. It was wonderful, it was without a doubt the greatest game in our beautiful club's history I've seen in my lifetime. It's an early birthday present for me but I'll gladly accept. We've had to put up with so much BS and adversity the last two years. It's not easy going up against the refs, NRL and the media yet we still prevailed and will continue to do so. That display you just witnessed was good old Bronco spirit/passion, something your plastic club will never comprehend.

No matter how much the media tried to hype your team up we all knew the sort of arrogant deluded pretenders that you were. LOL Tino and Fifita were touted as superstar saviors of your club. Where were they tonight? Did they play? Cause I sure as **** didn't notice them. LMAO you fans never learn.

Thanks for taking Cash Taylor off us. You should re-sign him for another 5 year 1 mil a season deal. It won't be long until he takes another paid leave. Perks of being a franchise half at your club. And how good is Holdbrook going. Holdbrook more like Handbrake because you're not going anywhere forward with this coach. To think you turned your nose up on Kevie for this pommie coach. Kevie pulled apart your defense. If you signed Kevie as coach none of this karma would be happening. Hindsight is a *****. You need to fill more of your club with Ex Bronco greats if you ever want your club to be taken seriously. You need to borrow as much pride and passion from us if you ever want to be relevant.

Watch us sign Adam Reynolds and return to power. Mark my words, now we've passed through the unfair run of our draw we'll finish above you this year and you will return to your rightful place as the bottom feeders of the competition where you belong.

EAD you wankers you get what you deserve.
    You've been licking lead paint again, haven't you billy.

QLD Cup

How many "6 agains" did we give up in the first half to let them back in the game? That's just dumb lack of concentration.

Imagine winning one game despite still conceding 22 points in 20 minutes and your reaction is to jump on the opposition forum, make an account, and deliver some awkward battle cry/abusive troll post like you’ve achieved anything. Bronco Bill wreaks of some sad virgin parked up in his mothers basement wearing all his Broncos gear, eating oven baked chicken tendies in literal tears of joy watching the match highlights for the 27th time.

Couldn’t even get through the entire post it was so cringe. Needless to say he’s been banned.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 01-05-21 at 06:21 AM.