Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    As shamus pointed out Adam Gee is a Titans hater.
    We lose 85% of games under Gee, those are shocking stats.

Also anyone worried about Milford? He does have a blinder on the odd occasion and he has a reason to have one this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    We lose 85% of games under Gee, those are shocking stats.

Also anyone worried about Milford? He does have a blinder on the odd occasion and he has a reason to have one this weekend.
    Milf could go either way, dropped and not being offered a contract so F U Broncos or I need to play well and earn another contract elsewhere so lets exploit Sami and KP

Well hopefully Fifita trampling Milford a few times early will quiet Milford down a bit

They moved him last time and surely won’t put him on Fifita again.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Yeah, Tyson Gamble will be defending Fifita. Bigger body.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yeah, Tyson Gamble will be defending Fifita. Bigger body.
    Poor bastard

Had a look at Gamble on YouTube and he looks a likely proposition ... can't remember how he went with the Tigpies but McIntyre will know.

Despite our concerns about the ref, Milford returning etc etc, there can be no excuses not to win this game. If we hope to play finals we must win games against bottom 2 teams. A loss is not acceptable under any circumstance.
    This game is a mini GF, mini prelim, mini elimination semi, all rolled in to one.
    No excuses.

Inactive User

Playing the Drongoes is always super important in itself no matter what AND the theme for this week is get some respect back with our defence.
    I’m not declaring this one a Mini GF.

MUST WIN especially against these clowns

I’m going with four Broncos friends who I have been giving **** to for the last year do the stakes are high

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    I’m going with four Broncos friends who I have been giving **** to for the last year do the stakes are high
    Good luck brother that’s living dangerously.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Glad we have Don back, hope he offers us some more stability on the right.

Also good to see Mo didn't get suspended. I thought he was more active last game, but probably not in the ways we hoped. Might be his game to turn the clock back to 2020.

These derbies mean everything to me. I sent my parents two tickets. Really wish I could be there to watch!!!!

I did order myself a new Titans 2021 home jersey to be sent to HK.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

'Big day': Titans shift focus to defence in bid to fix form slump
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/27/...ix-form-slump/

Gold Coast players were bracing for a defensive wake-up call from assistant coach Jim Dymock this week as the Titans look to recover from a troubling fortnight where they’ve conceded 76 points in back-to-back defeats.

The Titans threw away a golden opportunity to upset South Sydney when they surrendered a 24-10 half-time lead in the 40-30 loss last Friday, the 30-6 second half mauling coming after the hapless 36-0 loss to Manly just a week earlier.

Tyrone Peachey said defensive coach Dymock was planning a tough tackling session on Tuesday evening ahead of Friday’s derby showdown with Brisbane where Anthony Milford will be back from a fortnight in Intrust Super Cup exile to guide the Broncos in the halves.

“I think we’ve got a big day today of defence. I’m looking forward to it and Jimmy Dymock is excited and all the staff are so I think it’s going to be a big day,” Peachey said.

“(Milf) got dropped to Q-Cup a couple of weeks ago and he has to try prove to himself he is a first grader and he is off contract as well so he has a lot to play for.

“We can’t worry about them too much, we’ve just got to get our own s*** sorted and try and figure ourselves out.

“I’ve been involved in a club winning the wooden spoon and (Brisbane) are all going to be trying but this game is different, it’s a local derby and everyone gets up for it and the crowd is going to be big.

“They’re not that far off I think, they’ve got a lot of good players like Payne Haas … they’re not going that bad. We just have to worry about ourselves and try to defend better I suppose and not let 40 points in.”

Bench hooker Erin Clark said it was the Titans middle forwards who need to work harder in defence, highlighting their failure to put pressure on the Rabbitohs' halves as the reason they conceded so many tries in the second half.

“I think especially with our middles just giving our edges a bit of help to make the halves play a bit earlier, just to help with the edge’s decision-making we have a bit of work on that to do this week,” Clark said.

“(Brisbane) are definitely going to come out with guns blazing and that performance against Penrith a couple of weeks ago showed they’ve still got it in them to take the top teams to the wire.”

The Titans have won their past three clashes over the Broncos and victory at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night would extend their longest streak over their derby rivals since Gold Coast’s inception in 2007.

“Given the history I think it would be great for us and the club,” Clark said.