Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Why even sign Fermor when he barely gets a chance to play.

But of course Coach won't hook one of the most senior players in the team.
    Don’t blame the coach. That first half was the coach the second half was the players. I’m more obviously there are some positives but that was just as or maybe even more disappointing than last week. I normally defend the team but after that I just can’t

McIntyre cemented his spot

Why even sign Fermor when he barely gets a chance to play.

But of course Coach won't hook one of the most senior players in the team.
    Wouldn't be against playing Fermor there. Was just trying to keep McIntyre in the team while also having Tino and Peach in it. Regardless, good problem to have in terms of our depth.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    Don’t blame the coach. That first half was the coach the second half was the players. I’m more obviously there are some positives but that was just as or maybe even more disappointing than last week. I normally defend the team but after that I just can’t
    I wasn't blaming the coach for the loss, not even close. But performances like that of Proctor's tonight surely must not go unscrutinised by the coach yes? Especially since he IS the co-captain and all?

Wallace needed to be replaced way earlier. He was gassed and pulling stupid errors. I didn't think we would win that game so I am stoked we had a crack. Good indicator of where we are. Not top four but can mix it with them. Still 18 rounds to go lads.

If Proctor's not going to bother to play a lick of defense out there and provide some sort of stability on that edge like his one and only job is, might as well just play someone that can do something on attack other than stifle our momentum. Thoroughly impressed with McIntyre, deserves a spot in the 17, actually looks like a perfect back-rower for the modern game, fairly quick, and showed flashes of passing ability. I was kinda happy with a lot of the team tonight individually, other than the obvious KP, Wall and Sami, but losing the second half 30-6 concerns me about factors deeper than just the construction of our 17 such as hubris and discipline.
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 23-04-21 at 08:30 PM.

Inactive User

Lost the MINI GF and looks like no Tino, Herbert or Mo next week.
    We have to forget results and get our defence connected again.
    That one has hurt me.
    A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Lost the MINI GF and looks like no Tino, Herbert or Mo next week.
    We have to forget results and get our defence connected again.
    That one has hurt me.
    A lot.
    No Mo next week? Are you serious? If Radley's lazy tackle wasn't enough to get 1 week last week then there's no reason Mo's should. But then again, this is the NRL judiciary we're talking about.

Inactive User

No Mo next week? Are you serious? If Radley's lazy tackle wasn't enough to get 1 week last week then there's no reason Mo's should. But then again, this is the NRL judiciary we're talking about.
    Yeah sorry I should clarify.
    When we get one on report I just expect the Sydney Judiciary to crucify us regardless of what happened.
    That NSWRL referee by the way tonight did a sterling job of getting Souffs home in the 2nd half.

Nonetheless as said earlier our defence is not connected like at the end of last year.
    The whole focus must now be on fixing that.

I've got two spare season tickets for any home game that Sami is named in.

Wallace was not gassed when he gave away the six again and the try in the second half. He was only on the field for a couple of minutes. It was simply a lack of discipline and it happened with Corey also. What the coach says and does about it is of more concern to me. But the biggest disappointment to me this year is Fogarty. He is totally predictable ( pass, pass, pass); he does not have the defence guessing because he doesn’t run to the line. His kicks do not vary...they travel for about 30 metres and that’s it. Give Sexton this year against men and bring him in next year.

Proctor, Sami, Wallace cost us the game.

I don't know what has happened with Mo since last year, but he is definitely making alot more errors/penalties at crucial times almost throughout everygame this season

- - - Updated - - -

As usual Thompson is our most consistent player

First Grader

Proctor, Wallace and Sami were atrocious and should be dropped.

One of the big problems is Fogerty kicking game can only goes 30 metres so our defence is always under pressure. Whilst our defence in the 2nd half was largely due to lack of effort, it was also attributable to the lack of distance of Fogerty.

We need to go big and get a half who has a big kicking game. Moses and Reynolds I would be putting in big offers for next year

I really hope Sami doesn’t make the team again.. Fifita, Thompson were great and a mcintyre was great too.. proctor looked like an injured soldier and was surprised he even stayed on.. fermor needs a go in proctors spot! His a good player and can break a line.. we really miss a gun half.... we aren’t going to win a premiership with fogs or Taylor

Proctor was awful and as mentioned started the rot with his stripped ball and mistakes. If every player made that many errors we would get the spoon. Also it’s not like he’s Peachey doing something skilful! It’s just stupid stuff. I would love fermor to get a run.
    Our halves are average but luckily it’s Taylor’s last year and Fogarty isn’t on much.
    Fifita was absolutely incredible and should be playing for his country. McIntyre looked dangerous with some good footwork for a big guy. Also has some aggression which our team needs. Thompson is the best and most of the team put in a really good effort.