Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Lost the MINI GF and looks like no Tino, Herbert or Mo next week.
    We have to forget results and get our defence connected again.
    That one has hurt me.
    A lot.
    Surely Mo will not get time because of that tackle, although he should get time for stupidity. Any slight chance we had went when he gave them the chance to go 8 in front. Mo has been a huge disappointment so far this year but I think he will come good as he just needs to learn.
    Cook just showed why we need a good hooker. Controlled the game in the second half. Ash had a big 20 minutes but then he and Fogarty were back to being bog average.
    As Dooldog said, we had a good crack and showed what we still need to be top 4.

I'm going to throw a jab at Mcintyre only to make Fermor look better but who the hell calls for a captains challenge on the 5th tackle???? Then one of our two awesome captains challenges it. Stupid is as stupid does.

Looked like a good crowd their tonight anyone got the attendance figure

17 800 give or take mate. Great atmosphere

Inactive User

I didn’t realise Lisone was injured. What was his injury?

Devastated by the result like others, but my major takeaway from this game is we have a hell of a coaching staff. We identified in first half Bunnies have a condensed defensive line , particularly defending close to our line. We exploited that perfectly, but unfortunately through lack of possession couldn’t go on with the job.

McIntyre impressed, Fermor needs a run and we need a centre option opposite BK.

Only the titans could lose after scoring 30 points

Banned

1. When Rein runs from Dummy half he needs to run with more power and strength, it's like Harry Grant in slow motion
    2. AJ Brimson used to play in the halves put in the halves take Ash or Jamal out either one. Put Corey Thompson fullback the more times he touches the ball the better. Brimson is too slow for fullback I think because of his injury in origin.
    3. Wallace tries to do an offload all the time or passes the ball. Run straight and hard just like Lisone and Moe. You are not David Taylor and we don't need Taylor.
    4. Phillip Sami why did Wayne Bennett pick him in Origin and then drop him from the 3rd game. Corey Thompson should have got picked.
    5. Get Albert Kelly in here or fix the halves. Our halves are both slow and can't clear the ball.
    6. Why did we resign Erin Clark. Take the ball from Dummy Half and pass it or run don't get the ball and do a Michael Lichaa and pretend you are lost after grabbing the ball and walking around.
    7. Brian Kelly why pass the ball early to Thompson take the line on. Brian Kelly used to be so dangerous now. Look at James Roberts he is in a **** team but at least he is running around.
    8. Kevin Proctor go to the front row we need people who just take the ball up and do nothing fancy - unlike Jarrod Wallace pretending he is Sonny Bill all the time.
    9. Why am I 'Corey Thompson' paid peanuts.

QLD Cup

Nice first post CT. Your comments on our hookers are bang on the money. I think what it comes down to is neither of options are terribly smart players. Rein does the odd decent run and has some good service but gets confused what to do at times, especially when there is a late offload, and more often than not just gets caught in procession behind where the offload was made. Clarke on the other has bad service and pushes the defence sideways because he first movements are always across the field.

One thing that I thought was glaringly obvious last night was we don’t push up and support players. It’s predominantly one out stuff. South’s do it really well, where if someone is running in behind the ruck, there are three other players with them ready to take a pass if needed. AJ is nowhere to be seen in and around the ruck and our halves are even further away setting up for the next play. If we attack down the short side around the ruck there needs to be minimum of either AJ or Ash following Rein and his forward option.

Don is about to be the worlds luckiest players next week. I’m fairly certain that if he was defending on that right side the result would have been exactly the same, although he might of got fed up at one point and gone for an intercept play at one point which may or may not have worked. Both Sami and Pearson have been trash while Don has been away. It frustrates me so much. What it does confirm though is that we need to look to the future for wingers because our current crop apart from Thompson are not NRL standard.
    Last edited by NZFan; 24-04-21 at 07:21 AM.

I hate to say it but I think with Don on that right wing we don’t concede as many tries down that edge. Sami’s responsibility is to number those short sides off quick PTB’s and he got it wrong every time, and then executed terribly wrong with his spacing and movements as well. It honestly looked like he had never played wing before and didn’t know how to work with his inside men at all. Just so bad.

I’m ok with our support play and think AJ was good again at this aspect. Probably one of the only things I’m generally happy with, along with Fifita & Thompson’s efforts. Watching these guys put in performances like that and still take home the L is killer and not the reward they deserve. Must be incredibly deflating for the morale too.

McIntyre very good on debut the other positive.

Game highlights...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oBDJi1JjmtE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

QLD Cup

I didn't see the game. Just reports. It hurts that we have an amazing strike weapon but can't protect a lead allowing 40 points. In many ways it's worse than last week.

There has been so much talk about Greg Marzhew but every time we need a winger we choose someone else. Is he not that good?

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    There has been so much talk about Greg Marzhew but every time we need a winger we choose someone else. Is he not that good?
    He’s not producing performances in ISC that warrant a promotion

Great carry on him but I dare say he’s in the same category as Sami defensively

Inactive User

One last try
    What happened to Lisone?