Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Well that was like watching two games. The great one before the bad one. That made the crash to Earth so much harder. We were suffocated with no ball. We need to beat contenders to be a contender and we let this slip away.

I couldn't help by marvel and be proud of Benji. What a story. His game was magic and really took us back in time. I've wanted to sign Benji for years and I think we really missed out if he was willing to move from Sydney.

Fifita. I've never seen someone play like this before. He shouldn't just play for Australia, but Planet Earth! The Galaxy!

Thompson continues to show amazing determination and urgency. He is like the new Nathan Friend to me. He embodies the club spirit. Different position, but same heart.

Maybe as "Corey Thompson" above says we should/could look at Corey at fullback and Brimson in the halves. Something has to be done eventually at this rate.

It's hard to believe that the Mo in 2021 is the same player as last year. Where he was our most consistent and dependable player.

Hurry back Don. We need you big time.

I'd say we are primed for the Broncos next week though.

Like everyone else, I applaud McIntyre's debut. He really looks like something special. He was very confident.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 24-04-21 at 09:56 AM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Post-Match Press-Conference
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...ss-conference/
    Justin Holbrook chats to the media after his team's Round 7 game against the Rabbitohs

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Can we stop with the AJ to halves chatter in case someone at the club listens and decides to do it. People have short memories. AJ is NOT a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Can we stop with the AJ to halves chatter in case someone at the club listens and decides to do it. People have short memories. AJ is NOT a half.
    They said that about many fullbacks including Darren Lockyer. Sometimes it isn't about what is a player's best position but what is best for the team. I'd prefer him to remain at fullback.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    This!!!

Can't believe we are even discussing AJ moving from fullback - absolutely foolish. Bloke is struggling for speed a bit but that's because he's coming off a lisfranc injury where NRL Physio says athletes usually have a 20% drop in the year after.

Are we forgetting this man is the incumbent QLD fullback at origin level????

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    One last try
    What happened to Lisone?
    pec don’t know how bad
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    pec don’t know how bad
    Thanks....that’s very bad news then

Just wanted to add that I thought our coach’s press conference was the best losing interview I’ve ever sat through. He really is a fine ambassador for our Club. He’s incredibly personable and reasonable ... any comparison to Brennan is truly ridiculous. He publicly stood by the players, avoided the Wallace question deftly and even though I’m sure he has players he’s going to ar$e-kick never threw anybody under the bus ... total respect for him and as was mentioned earlier the first half was his, the second half the players. Great coach.

Just watched the game again and seeing our right edge with their backs turned to the attack before the late offload try is just so sickening.
    Last edited by Titanic; 24-04-21 at 01:08 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Just wanted to add that I thought our coach’s press conference was the best losing interview I’ve ever sat through. He really is a fine ambassador for our Club. He’s incredibly personable and reasonable ... any comparison to Brennan is truly ridiculous. He publicly stood by the players, avoided the Wallace question deftly and even though I’m sure he has players he’s going to ar$e-kick never threw anybody under the bus ... total respect for him and as was mentioned earlier the first half was his, the second half the players. Great coach.

Just watched the game again and seeing our right edge with their backs turned to the attack before the late offload try is just so sickening.
    He’d do well to not trumpet out the Garth-ism “we are a young team” which he has done after two losses this year.

Banned

Jordan Pereira
    From the dragons we could sign him this season
    We need a better winger

He’d do well to not trumpet out the Garth-ism “we are a young team” which he has done after two losses this year.
    I understand what you mean Bodsie but they’re chalk and cheese so i reckon he can choose his terminology as an expression of his point of view ... he doesn’t come across as someone who looks for excuses, unlike his predecessor.

Inactive User

Who was the referee last Friday?
    His second half was a disgrace and he’s on my watch now.

Who was the referee last Friday?
    His second half was a disgrace and he’s on my watch now.
    Chris Sutton.. Refereed us 28 times for 11 wins and 17 losses. 39% winning percentage. Percentages do come down to how well the team is going on any given season. In 2011 when we got our first spoon he didn’t ref us at all and the other year, 2019 he refereed us 3 times for 1 win and 2 losses. So he is worse than Perenara.

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/r...is-sutton.html

Do a search on referee Andrew Gee.... our stats suck with him with 2 wins, 11 losses. Luckily we have only had him 13 times. Sorry mods, way off topic. Maybe start a new thread coz the info is all in that link.
    Last edited by shamus; 26-04-21 at 05:07 PM.

Inactive User

Quality Info shamus
    CSutton and Gee
    Enemies of the people of the GC
    Sic Em