Thread: A Year Ago

Default A Year Ago

I wasn't sure where to post this so started a new thread.

After today's win against the Cowboys I found myself reflecting on how quickly Holbrook has turned this club around. I am not crowning us yet and we still need to play with a lot more constinency, but what Holbrook and the front office have achieved deserves to be recognised.

Cast your mind back 12 months and after round 2 last year the comp was about to take a forced break due to covid. We were winless at the bottom of the table after getting pumped by the Eels and the Broncos were undefeated coming off a win against the Rabbitohs.

Our top 17 included names such as Kallum Watkins, Dale Copley, Tyron Roberts, Bryce Cartwright, Shannon Boyd and Nathan Peats. Undoubtedly our best player was Jai Arrow, and most of us were about to feel shattered when he announced he had signed with South Sydney. Reflect on that now and I doubt any of us would be interested in swapping Arrow for Tino, and if Arrow had stayed we definitely wouldn't have had money for Fifita.

Within that 12 month period Brimson, Sami, Fotuaika and Fa'asuamaleaui have all made their Origin debut and the Titans are in the news for all the right reasons.

As a fan since day 1, like all of you on this forum, we have had to endure some really tough and dark times and it feels great to again be really proud of your club and have genuine excitement and hope for the direction we are travelling.

Endorse those sentiments Aus and I add how satisfying it was to listen to M Johns talking the club as a club up, not just the team. This is all I’ve really wanted: a club to be proud of on the Coast.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Well put Ausphin I echo your thoughts

Well said mate.

Well said. I feel like you tapped into my mind.

It's important to reflect and remember. Especially after the horrendous years we have held on through.

I think a lot of the squad changes and recruitment was really inspired. As well as some good fortune.

It's great to see more Titans make their Origin debuts, even if it pumps up their pay packets. It shows that you can make yourself at the Titans. It helps having the Australian coach involved (Mal). Who still has Maroon magic spiraling around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I add how satisfying it was to listen to M Johns talking the club as a club up, not just the team. This is all I’ve really wanted: a club to be proud of on the Coast.
    Where did Matty say this? I'd love to catch it.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Where did Matty say this? I'd love to catch it.
    In his preamble after the Cows game last night mentioning the owners etc. Sorry amongst everything else can’t pinpoint it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    In his preamble after the Cows game last night mentioning the owners etc. Sorry amongst everything else can’t pinpoint it.
    Thanks I'll track it down!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER