Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Fogarty named? What?

edit: Oh...well at least it's not as bad as first thought:

"Jamal Fogarty will have fitness tests through the week as he pushes to be ready for Saturday’s clash against the Newcastle Knights at Cbus Super Stadium."
    I am actually a bit worried about that. Sure it mightn’t be as bad as thought, but if he’s still getting fitness test then there is definitely an issue. They have said Ash won’t be right this week, so I would have rathered see Toby Sexton on the team sheet.

This is a game that we should win considering what follows ... so far we have been better than the bottom group, a fair way short of the top group and this will give us an idea of our level against the mid-table group. Important but hardly a miniGF although every game could be interpreted that way, I suppose.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This is a game that we should win considering what follows ... so far we have been better than the bottom group, a fair way short of the top group and this will give us an idea of our level against the mid-table group. Important but hardly a miniGF although every game could be interpreted that way, I suppose.
    It’s absolutely a MINI GF and get out the war paint and the streamers. Do not drop this game. It’s a must.

Fogarty tipped to play as Kelly returns for Titans.

Titans co-captain Jamal Fogarty is expected to be cleared to face a decimated Newcastle with reigning club champion Brian Kelly given the green light to make his comeback from a broken hand.

Kelly’s return in the centres is the only change to the Titans side that lost 20-4 to Canberra last week, replacing injured veteran Anthony Don (hip) with Phil Sami shifted out to the wing for Saturday's Cbus Stadium showdown.

Fogarty suffered a corked thigh in the defeat but will be given until game day to prove his fitness, while Ash Taylor (broken hand) was named on an extended bench but is tipped to be held back another week if the club captain can run freely by the weekend.

"I was with Jamal yesterday, he was in the ice bath doing his recovery and physio. He’s giving himself every opportunity to play," Titans prop Jarrod Wallace said.

"The coach will probably give him right up until game time to make sure he is all right.

"I’m pretty sure it was just a cork and he’s carrying on a bit."

Kelly’s comeback is a huge boost to the Titans as they return home after having last week’s clash with the Raiders moved to Sydney due to the COVID crisis in Queensland.

He won the Titans’ player of the year award in 2020 and while Sami has been outstanding in his place for the past three weeks, the 24-year-old will comfortably slot back into the team with Origin winger Sami moving out to his usual spot.

"He was our player of the year last year and is one of our most experienced, best players and a strike weapon on the edge," Wallace said.

"Phil Sami has been a real standout for me the last two-three weeks. Centre is not his main position but he’s been chucked in the deep end and been one of the better players.

"For Brian to come back in and take that spot… it’s going to be a tough one to cop because he’s played so well."

Newcastle have their own injury concerns, headlined by the 10-week torn pec muscle to half Mitchell Pearce while fullback Tex Hoy (hamstring), utility Kurt Mann (head knock) and prop Jacob Saifiti (suspension) have been ruled out with the Knights struggling to name 21 healthy players from their top 30 squad.

Fullback Kalyn Ponga is the big addition for Newcastle with the Queensland Origin star to return from offseason shoulder surgery and the Titans will be on high alert knowing just how threatening he can be despite his long absence with injury.

"He is a massive threat coming back," Wallace said.

"He brings a lot of strike power, attack and confidence for them. Our game doesn’t change at all. We focus on ourselves and play the footy we want to. Whoever they’ve got, we will be ready for them."

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...ns-for-titans/

Anyone think that Newcastle's 2nd string spine is still close to the same level as ours? Rein, Boyd, Fogarty and AJ vs Brailey, Green, Watson, Ponga. Plus our forwards vs theirs I think this will be a great test for us. If we can get off to a good start and hopefully have a winger that can score tries this should play out to be a great contest. Looking forward to this game. AJ vs Ponga for the QLD FB spot too.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Anyone think that Newcastle's 2nd string spine is still close to the same level as ours? Rein, Boyd, Fogarty and AJ vs Brailey, Green, Watson, Ponga. Plus our forwards vs theirs I think this will be a great test for us. If we can get off to a good start and hopefully have a winger that can score tries this should play out to be a great contest. Looking forward to this game. AJ vs Ponga for the QLD FB spot too.
    I think the starting 13 is very very similar, I think we got the edge on the bench. Even their backline is comparable to ours as is their spine and starting forward pack.

Hopefully we can exploit Ponga and really test out his match fitness and how he handles contact. Blake Green looked a bit rusty their last game but he will be better this game, Connor Watson is a threat from anywhere and Brailey has been playing exceptional at hooker.

Giddyup can't wait, the missus is a diehard knights fan so makes it even better

QLD Cup

Actually better. Ponga and Watson are very dangerous Green has heaps of experience and a settling influence. We take the Knights lightly at our own peril.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Actually better. Ponga and Watson are very dangerous Green has heaps of experience and a settling influence. We take the Knights lightly at our own peril.
    MINI GF. All resources must go into getting this W. Fire up!

League Unlimited Gold Coast v Newcastle preview
    https://leagueunlimited.com/news/356...ights-preview/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

I definitely don't see us winning by 14 but I'd be stoked if we did!

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Interested to see who gets the 18th man

Surely its ya boy Fermy

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Surely its ya boy Fermy
    Didn't want to jinx it but is there a more talented person to have as your 18th!!!!!!

Inactive User

Doesn’t it have to be a development player?