Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I reckon Clark will get it but certainly don’t want Peachey anywhere near the half’s or the 17 in fact, he’s a liability when we’ve got players like Fermor etc languishing in QCup.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Ponga to return for injury-hit Knights.

Newcastle fullback Kalyn Ponga is set to make a much-needed return against Gold Coast on Saturday as the Knights struggle to name a 21-man team in the face of a crippling injury toll.

The NRL club's injured list reached crisis levels on Sunday night with the Knights expected to lose halfback Mitchell Pearce to a pectoral injury as well as Tex Hoy (hamstring), David Klemmer (knee) and Kurt Mann (concussion).

Mann appears set to miss the clash with the Titans on the Gold Coast after he was knocked out attempting to make a tackle in the second half of the 22-13 loss to St George Illawarra.

Pearce will go for scans on his left pectoral muscle on Monday with fears he will miss "months", while Klemmer will have scans on his knee.

The Knights' wounded list already included Bradman Best (elbow), Lachlan Fitzgibbon (shoulder), Edrick Lee (hand) and Phoenix Crossland, all unavailable this week.

"I don't think I'll be able to name 21," coach Adam O'Brien said.

"We lost Dom (Young, knee) in reserve grade today.

"Naming the team is probably going to be a really big hurdle this week."

If the latest injuries are confirmed the Knights will need to apply for NRL dispensation to name players from outside their top 30 to face the Titans.

However, O'Brien expected Queensland star Ponga will be back, revealing he was close to taking the field on Sunday.

O'Brien said he wanted to get an extra week of contact work into Ponga who is recovering from off-season shoulder surgery.

"He'll get a whole block of contact this week, he'll get a little bit more because he hasn't played tonight," O'Brien said, although he's disappointed Ponga won't be joining a fit team.

"That was the real thing we were looking forward to was getting guys like Bradman, Ponga, Blake (Green) in there with (Pearce) and Brails and all of them.

"We've just got to stick together and work really hard on our rehab for the injured guys and get the team back on the park

"If we keep that character about us we'll be thereabouts at the end of the year when we put that team back out there."

Despite the injuries O'Brien said he was proud of the fight in the team to keep battling with just one player left on the bench in the second half.

"We'll get injured guys back, but the foundations of a footy team long-term is you need to be able to dig in and have a go no matter what goes against you," he said.

"That's what this town's about and that's what this footy team is about."

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-l...ghts-c-2515514

Jacob Saifiti charged for a shoulder charge. Will miss our game unless he takes it to the judiciary.

We could use the 2 points, but jeez...I can't wait for the day that we don't need to amp ourselves up confidence wise about who isn't going to be in the opposition side next week.

Talk about Brennan days flashbacks.

Five reasons to get to Cbus Super Stadium this Saturday.

The Gold Coast Titans will return home to Queensland today, with the team to play in front of local fans at Cbus Super Stadium this weekend and we have just some of the reasons on why you should be there!

1. We're Home!

After being forced to take our Round 4 game to Sydney, the Titans are back on the Gold Coast and looking forward to playing in front of the loyal Legion at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday afternoon. After the incredible atmosphere of Round 2 against the Broncos, a big crowd is expected to bring Cbus Super Stadium alight!

2. This Guy...

Tino Fa'asuamaleaui's efforts in the first four rounds have been nothing short of impressive, as the new Titan has lead the way for Titans and he was at it again on the weekend, running for over 200 metres in an inspired effort.
    Tino Fa'asuamaleaui has lead the way for the Titans in 2021. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui has lead the way for the Titans in 2021.
    3. Family Day

A family friendly kick off time at 3pm, combined with school holidays, makes it the perfect day out with the kids to watch their heroes. Plus with no kids sport on you will need to get them out of the house somehow...

4. Remember the Last time we played the Knights at home?

Enough said....

5. The football, of course

With both sides currently two wins and two losses, the game presents an intriguing matchup in the respective seasons. The Titans will be looking to bounce back after defeat to the Raiders, while the Knights were gallant as they received a number of injuries in their loss to the Dragons. Plus, who doesn't want to see AJ Brimson go up against Kalyn Ponga again - that matchup is worth the price of admission alone.

So, have we convinced you yet? Grab your tickets and be there this Saturday afternoon!

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...this-saturday/

- - - Updated - - -

Titans hopeful Fogarty will be fit for Knights clash

Jamal Fogarty and Anthony Don both left the field with injuries in the second half, with Titans Coach Justin Holbrook confirming post-game that it was a leg injury for the halfback and a hip complaint for the winger.

"Jamal (Fogarty) hurt his leg in the first minute of the game and I probably should have got him off earlier in hindsight," Holbrook said.

"I think he just got a cork in the first minute of the game and it got progressively worse."

Fogarty will have fitness tests through the week as he pushes to be ready for Saturday’s clash against the Newcastle Knights at Cbus Super Stadium.

Ash Taylor is unlikely to come back into the frame for the next game, with Holbrook confirming that the five-eighth isn't expected to be available for selection while still recovering from a hand injury picked up in the Club's round two win over Brisbane.

Anthony Don will be monitored on the Club’s return to the Gold Coast, after the winger left the field with a hip injury.

No timeframe has been put on Don’s return, but the Club are hopeful that he won’t miss much football.

Brian Kelly will likely come back into the side for the clash against the Knights, with the reigning Paul Broughton Medallist named in the original 21-man squad for the Raiders clash as he returns from a similar hand injury to Taylor.

Jonus Pearson is coming off a strong start to the year in Intrust Super Cup and is another who could fill the spot if Don is unavailable.

Depth in the outside backs will give Holbrook options as he picks his side to take on Newcastle at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday, with tickets still available for the game as the Titans return to the Gold Coast

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...knights-clash/

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    We could use the 2 points, but jeez...I can't wait for the day that we don't need to amp ourselves up confidence wise about who isn't going to be in the opposition side next week.

Talk about Brennan days flashbacks.

The only time I have Brennan days flashbacks is when someone mentions it.

How are we predicting the backs to play against the Knights.

Option 1
    Wings - Thompson/ Sami
    Centres - BK/ Herbert

Option 2
    Wings - Thompson/ BK
    Centres - Sami/ Herbert

Option 3
    Wings - Thompson/ Treymaine
    Centres - BK/ Herbert

Option 4
    Wings - Thompson/ Pearson
    Centres - BK/ Herbert

I think it would be option 1 (BK centre), but who knows Holbrook could put BK on wing to reduce the amount of disruption.

Any insights from those closer in the club??

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    How are we predicting the backs to play against the Knights.

Option 1
    Wings - Thompson/ Sami
    Centres - BK/ Herbert

Option 2
    Wings - Thompson/ BK
    Centres - Sami/ Herbert

Option 3
    Wings - Thompson/ Treymaine
    Centres - BK/ Herbert

Option 4
    Wings - Thompson/ Pearson
    Centres - BK/ Herbert

I think it would be option 1 (BK centre), but who knows Holbrook could put BK on wing to reduce the amount of disruption.

Any insights from those closer in the club??
    I'd like option 3, I we need a big body out wide like spry and I think Sami is a better centre then winger just needs to go back to cup and work on his positioning and defence and get some more experience in the position to compete with herbert

First Grader

I like 3 but I think it'll be 1

Will Herbert have anything to answer for with that tackle on rapana? Potentially miss a week?
    Last edited by Upthetits; 05-04-21 at 08:13 PM.

I'm also a fan of Option 3, I hope this backline does start sometime this season

BK and Herbert and Thompson have their names in stone at the moment. I think I may be able to handle Sami on the wing outside KP and Herbert so he shouldn't see too much ball except when the halfs forget Don isn't there and bomb it to his wing.

My real worry is Frizell and Barnett this week. We have leaked to many line breaks to 2nd rowers and these two are at the top of their game at the moment. Hopefully a quiet game from Ponga.

Inactive User

There’s still a lot of firepower in the Newcastle team. Take them lightly and we will get pantsed and the forum will go nuts.
    MINI GF.

Fogarty named? What?

edit: Oh...well at least it's not as bad as first thought:

"Jamal Fogarty will have fitness tests through the week as he pushes to be ready for Saturday’s clash against the Newcastle Knights at Cbus Super Stadium."

Judging by the bench the reshuffle will be Peachey to the halfs if he doesn't pull up fit