Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Haven't posted on here for a hundred years but thought I'd flick through after what was a great win.

This team still has a few flaws but it is so clear watching the games that we actually go in with a game plan. It's been a long time since we have been able to say that!!

If we keep taking care of business against the lesser sides and we remain injury free there is no reason to think that we can't win a finals game this season!!

This team is fun to watch...

Inactive User

Won the MINI GF. Smashed them. We definitely aren’t a top tier team but days like this are to simply be enjoyed.
    Scotch time.

Inactive User

What an honour it was that that Raudonikis family were at our game today and holding up a Titans #7 jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Haven't posted on here for a hundred years but thought I'd flick through after what was a great win.

This team still has a few flaws but it is so clear watching the games that we actually go in with a game plan. It's been a long time since we have been able to say that!!

If we keep taking care of business against the lesser sides and we remain injury free there is no reason to think that we can't win a finals game this season!!

This team is fun to watch...
    Good to see you back mate. Agree with what you say. We need to work hard again next week as well to keep in touch with the top eight.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Good win.

Fifita is like a cheat code and I love it. I don’t buy into this whole “do it against a top 4 team or you’re not worth it” rubbish (mainly from salty broncos fans). If a player is single handedly doing things that directly helps us score points like that against any team and gets people turning up to CBUS to put bums on seats - that’s a huge ROI no matter what angle you look at it.

Wallace, Peachey, Thompson immense. Patty Herbert very good.

Plenty to improve on particularly with our discipline and concentration lapses but an entertaining win at home is important. Mini GF #1 in the bank
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 11-04-21 at 09:29 AM.

Inactive User

Can you imagine being a Drongoes fan every time Fifita does a Jonah Lomu on someone. Precious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Good win.

Fifita is like a cheat code and I love it. I don’t buy into this whole “do it against a top 4 team or you’re not worth it” rubbish (mainly from salty broncos fans). If a player is single handedly doing things that directly helps us score points like that against any team and gets people turning up to CBUS to put bums on seats - that’s a huge ROI no matter what angle you look at it.

Plenty to improve on particularly with our discipline and concentration lapses but an entertaining win at home is important. Mini GF #1 in the bank
    I’m hoping to not say MINI GF again during the regular season this season. A win against Manly is vital in preventing it.

Good win.

Like you I was concerned about the concentration lapses and that try taken off the Knights that would have made it 30-18 gave us a breather. I had visions of them getting back to 30 all but we steadied, and it would have been bloody hot out there.
    I thought Peach probably had his best game for us. A great battle between AJ and Ponga and it looks like Ponga had the edge this time on being the quicker. Great to see AJ working himself in to the game more. Loved Fifita's fend on Frizelle late in the game.
    A win against Manly is needed with a great challenge v the Rabbits at home the week after.

Good win.

Broncos Fan pages are raging. Shouldn't have let him go. We should have kept him. Best comment I saw was someone that was happy he was gone otherwise he'd make the other forwards in the team to embarrassed to take the field.

Just watched a replay and the service rein gave from dummyhalf was very impressive some of the length of passes hitting the runners on the chest really gave the titans momentum

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Just watched a replay and the service rein gave from dummyhalf was very impressive some of the length of passes hitting the runners on the chest really gave the titans momentum
    Rein has been very impressive this year.

What did you think of Wallace? Set up at least 3 of our line breaks, 2 of which led to tries. Best game I’ve seen him play. Reckon him and Peachey will be re-signed soon.

Peachey is an interesting case. He was an absolutely terrible player when coached by a terrible coach. Now that the club has managed to provide him with a professional environment he is demonstrating the form that his talent should allow. He is easily the best indicator of the quality of our coach.

NOTE: If anybody wants to defend Brennan as a coach there's a woodshed I'd like to meet you behind!!

Peachey has found his spot in the starting squad as our 13. If he moves on we have a ready made replacement. I think Peacheys bottom lip used to drop when he was used off the bench as a utility for a few reasons. He's earned his spot and playing great footy, but once again, it's in the last year of his contract. Still doing more than some other big dollar player in his last year. Will be interesting to see if Ash is "fit" this week to make the line up.

Agree with the sentiment on Peachey being our best 13 although I do have concerns that he typically goes from hero to villain when we play against top sides. He’s on a big contract and I wouldn’t be surprised if we’d planned our salary cap for 2022 based on him not being here due to his form the last few years.

Definitely enjoying what he’s bringing to the team overall though, he’s an important part of our side at the moment.

Inactive User

Peachey was always a mid and not 2nd row or Centre.
    We stuffed about wasting him out of position.

The same thing happened for a while there with AJ.

Hey Fellas its been a while between posts.

But its great to see our side finally playing entertaining footy again, I love what HB has done for the side.
    Fifita is a monster, just hope it doesn't go to his head and just ride along for the pay check. This was a great win but the knights were poor.
    We need a decent 9 and i thing Ash has lost his passion to play at this level, seems lazy, doesn't chase his own kicks and disappears during games.

Anyway great win and looking forward to the season instead of dreading it.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).