Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Covid now on the GC. How bloody hard is it ScuMo to have just at the very least had health workers vaccinated by now. Jesus wept.
    Let’s see how this game is affected.
    The decision is easier for the Premier given the beloved Broncos are away this week. I wonder whether they'll take it to Canberra if their stadium is available

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    The decision is easier for the Premier given the beloved Broncos are away this week. I wonder whether they'll take it to Canberra if their stadium is available
    I don’t know if we play them in Canberra later in the year or not but if we did then the games could be just flipped

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I don’t know if we play them in Canberra later in the year or not but if we did then the games could be just flipped
    We do - Round 16. However may not be as easy as that as we may not be wanted in Canberra this weekend after what has happened here.
    It would be easier to keep Canberra in a bubble here and do what they did last year and just fly in and out on game day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    We do - Round 16. However may not be as easy as that as we may not be wanted in Canberra this weekend after what has happened here.
    It would be easier to keep Canberra in a bubble here and do what they did last year and just fly in and out on game day.
    I'm more wondering about crowds too. Can they separate us again with rows in between?

- - - Updated - - -

Well looking at the team list one thing that really stands out to me is the strength of our reserves 18/19/20/21.
    A tell-tale sign we are in very good shape and easily the best reserve list for this weekend.

Inactive User

It’d be great if BK plays

Official, we're relocating to Sydney.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/30/...brisbane-trip/

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Official, we're relocating to Sydney.

]
    Fk.

Stunning how rapidly things are developing. All the best for Queensland to stop the COVID outbreak cold. I'm very concerned how few Aussies are vaccinated, feels like Australia is a sitting duck. Good luck everyone.

I'll post Dobes' link in full because of its importance.

Titans set to relocate to Sydney; Broncos await travel clearance
    http://www.nrl.com

The Gold Coast Titans are expected relocate to Sydney on Wednesday as the NRL look to continue the season without being too heavily impacted by the COVID cluster spread in south-east Queensland.

Titans players and staff have been told to pack their bags and be prepared to depart for Sydney tomorrow.

The Queensland government updated their contact tracing site list late on Tuesday which included multiple Gold Coast venues, including the Queensland surf life-saving titles which had attracted hundreds of competitors and spectators.

The Titans were due to host Canberra and Newcastle on the Gold Coast over the next two weeks.

It is understood both games are now unlikely to be held on the Gold Coast.

Meanwhile Broncos players and staff will require Victorian travel exemptions to ensure their Good Friday clash with the Storm goes ahead in Melbourne.

On a rapidly evolving day on account of the latest batch of COVID-19 cases in Queensland, Brisbane captain Alex Glenn pledged his club would do whatever was needed to help the competition.

They shifted indefinitely to Sydney on Monday.

Tuesday's Australian Rugby League Commission meeting resolved to keep a double-header at Stadium Australia, involving the traditional Bulldogs-Rabbitohs fixture, as a contingency should Brisbane be denied entry to Victoria.

NRL CEO Andrew Abdo said the Storm-Broncos clash is at this stage still expected to go ahead as planned at Melbourne's AAMI Park, with a final decision on the match's location to be made by noon, Wednesday.

"We have activated the scenario planning we had in place should there be an outbreak," Abdo said.

"Yesterday we relocated the Brisbane Broncos to Sydney and today we have increased restrictions on players and clubs.

"We are confident Friday night’s game at AAMI Park will proceed however if the circumstances change then the game will be relocated to Sydney."

The uncertainty around the clash comes as Canterbury players and staff are placed into a COVID-19 "bubble" – the same scenario that operated for much of the 2020 season – following their round three trip to Brisbane.

The 21-man Bulldogs playing squad and coaching staff that travelled to Suncorp Stadium last week will only be allowed to train and leave their homes for essential reasons from Tuesday.

All players and staff will undergo COVID-19 testing after Thursday's captain's run ahead of the South Sydney clash.

The Broncos are operating under similarly heavy restrictions in Sydney.

They have an exemption to leave their hotel only to train or to go into the foyer to collect meals to take back to their rooms.

The rest of the NRL is also now level two protocols across the entire game.

Players and club staff are banned from using public transport, required to wear masks indoors and undergoing temperature testing at training.

On Tuesday, Glenn said his team were willing to make the same sacrifice made by the Warriors and Storm last season, and Warriors again this season, in staying away from home for as long as it takes to keep the NRL going.

"When we left yesterday there was the uncertainty of we’re going to be staying for two weeks but there could be the possibility it could be a lot longer," Glenn said.

"We are prepared for the worst and we’ve got all the support up in Brisbane and the Gold Coast to look after our families.

"At the end of the day the Warriors did it for 12 months and I put myself in their shoes it’s definitely hard but I know all our families up in Brisbane have the support.

"It is definitely a sacrifice being away from your family, especially when you have kids, but in saying that we’re trying to keep the game alive for the other teams to play.

"Who knows how long it’s going to be but our team's in good spirits, we’re ready for what’s ahead and we’re just taking it day by day and plan it like that.

"We are preparing for the worst but if we get back sooner it’s a bonus."

A venue move for Friday's clash would be a significant blow for the Storm given they played the majority of 2020 out of Queensland, going on to win one of the more remarkable titles in rugby league history from their Sunshine Coast base.

AAMI Park has also proven the unhappiest of hunting grounds for the Broncos, who have won just two of their past 10 games there.

Melbourne's dominance over the past five years has seen them rattle up eight straight wins over Brisbane, by a combined margin of 260-84.

Queensland Origin prop Christian Welch said the club was hopeful it will be able to host the round four clash as planned, but won't have any issues if a Sydney switch is required.

"We understand that at the end of the day we're a game of rugby league and there's higher priorities in the community like health and safety of people, so we're more than happy to go to Sydney if we have to," Welch said on Tuesday.

"Our preference certainly is to play at AAMI Park in front of all of our home fans.

"I don't think anyone has any dramas in adapting to a change in plans; it can happen pretty quick but that's just the COVID world we live in."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

If this is the case, Fingers crossed they play at Stadium Australia. Short 5-minute walk for me But in all seriousness, hope Queensland get their cases under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Titans Fanatic View Post
    If this is the case, Fingers crossed they play at Stadium Australia. Short 5-minute walk for me But in all seriousness, hope Queensland get their cases under control.
    If you are seriously 5 minutes away, I can't wait to stay at your place and see some games there. BTW Me and Greg go way back.

Hope you can make it mate.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Inactive User

Do we play Newcastle twice? Maybe both the Canberra/Newcastle games can just have the home/away games flipped.
    I never understood this woeful Federal Govt attitude to vaccination of “there’s no rush” while at the same time the QLD Govt were having to stockpile tonnes of FIFO workers from PNG in hotel quarantine all with the virus.
    My fears have come to fruition and it’s the UK strain.
    What a poo show.

I'm really not sure what they will do with BK. But I think Sami will stay in the side.

Reality check: Titans' credentials on the line against Raiders
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/30/...ainst-raiders/

Titans captain Jamal Fogarty knows the club’s “most complete win as a team” against the Cowboys will mean very little if the Gold Coast can’t match it with genuine top four contenders Canberra on Saturday.

Successive wins over North Queensland and Brisbane have ignited the Gold Coast’s NRL season as they surge into the top four and begin to fulfil the prophecy that they’re a team to watch in 2021.

But Fogarty knows the Titans are yet to prove anything against the elite clubs of the NRL and Saturday’s clash with the Raiders at Cbus Super Stadium is their first opportunity to send a message to the competition about their credentials as a title contender.

“Canberra has been one of the most consistent teams for the last couple of years now and their roster has been together for a long time, they know how to play and get the job done,” Fogarty said.

“For us it’s a good reality check to see where we are. Hopefully we can put together another good performance, especially being a home game, to see where we are at as a club.

“I think that (win over the Cowboys) was probably our most complete win as a team. I think the 17 guys who ran out on the weekend knew our role and I think we executed it for a large chunk of the game.

“It’s a good building block for the team, two good performances, and it’s all about reloading this week up against a tough Canberra side.”

While the Titans' wins have come off the back of a strong team performance, it’s impossible to overlook the impact of new recruit David Fifita, who has scored three tries in two weeks for back-to-back man of the match efforts.

Fogarty hasn’t been surprised by the eye-catching outings of Fifita and knows the 21-year-old is perhaps the club’s most important weapon in reaching the finals.

“I think Davey is just playing his role within the team. That is all we ask of Dave is to make his tackles and have a couple of runs here and there,” Fogarty said.

“It’s all about sharing the load here within our squad. He hasn’t surprised me to be fair, he has been doing awesome things since he has been at the club in the preseason, you sit back and think this kid has so much footy in him for his age at 21 so to see him put two good performances back-to-back is awesome for us.

“We just need Dave to keep being Dave and having good carries, making his tackles and staying healthy and fit for us to have any shot at playing finals at the end of the year.”

Titans v Raiders: Kelly named; Hudson, Lui boost pack
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/29/...-tapine-scott/

The Gold Coast welcome Canberra, another side savaged by the injury bug in round three, to CBus Super Stadium but can't just turn up on Saturday and expect the Raiders to roll over.

Coach Ricky Stuart praised the bravery and resilience of his players in their heart-breaking loss to the Warriors and you can be sure whoever he names in the match-day 17 will be primed to deliver a repeat performance.

One Raiders forward who would dearly love to be at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday night is former Titans captain Ryan James. But he is one of the two players - utility Sebastian Kris being the other - who have to pass concussion protocols this week even if Stuart names them in his 21.

The Gold Coast have put their round one hiccup against the Warriors in the rear-view mirror and will be looking to consolidate their status as the No.1 team in Queensland.

Tussles between these two clubs are historically tight. From the 25 played, the Raiders have 13 wins to the Titans' 12.

Team news
    Titans: Gold Coast have been named 1-17 with last week's pre-match swap, which saw Tyrone Peachey come into the team at lock and key recruit Tino Fa'asuamaleaui go to prop, confirmed in this week's initial team release.

The only change to the 21-man squad sees centre Brian Kelly return from a hand injury in the reserves with second-rower Sam Stone the man to make way.

Raiders: Dunamis Lui and Hudson Young return in a boost for a pack that was bruised and battered in last round's heart-breaking loss to the Warriors. Lui comes in at prop with Ryan Sutton sliding back to lock as the replacement for Joseph Tapine (ankle).

Young replaces stand-in back-rower Sebastian Kris who moves to the centres to fill the hole left by the absence of Curtis Scott (ribs).

Kris and Ryan James, who retains his spot on the interchange, suffered concussions against the Warriors and must pass the protocols to line up on Saturday night.

Match Officials
    Referee: Adam Gee
    Touch Judge: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
    Touch Judge: Michael Wise
    Senior Review Official: Steve Chiddy
    Last updated: 06:10 pm Tuesday 30th March 2021

Key match-up
    Mo Fotuaika v Josh Papali'i: The young bull and the old bull go head to head in a clash that could shake the grandstand foundations. Fotuaika has already impressed in his young career, winning the club's best and fairest award, the Paul Broughton Medal, as a 19-year-old and gaining Origin selection in 2020. The Raiders veteran, now in his 11th season in the lime green, easily outpointed the youngster in key statistical categories such as post-contact metres, offloads and run metres in 2020 and will be looking to exert his authority from the kick-off.

Stat attack
    Both sides have shown a talent for breaching defensive lines with the Titans tops for line breaks (20) in 2021 and the Raiders equal with the Panthers and Roosters in second place (16). The sides are also neck and neck in missed tackles, with Canberra (81) ninth and the Gold Coast (79) 10th, so whoever does the best job of plugging leaks will go a long way towards securing victory.