Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hope the next episodes, they do something with Jim Dymocks coaching methods and Jamal Fogarty's journey from qcup to nrl and his stuff off the field.

Then they need to finish it off with our consistent and local players who are the core squad Mo, AJ and BK. Include the Don as a cult player liked by the wider nrl. Show some of the new kids on the rise up for the future like Darius Farmer and what playing for us would mean to them.

All and all think it is made pretty well, and can hopefully develop a bigger fanbase and bring people back to our stadium (after Covid). I miss seeing the stadium packed like that 2007-2009 times it gave me goosebumps because we used to have good crowd numbers.

QLD Cup

Interesting how Badel actually thinks that people care about his footy opinion. At best he is a journalist reporting on the facts (albeit in a very loose sense). I couldn’t care less about whether he thinks we are a basket case of not. Every player that has played for the Titans would be 10 times better than him.

Despite Badel, it’s a fantastic production. The directors/producers have done a great job.

Are there even any restrictions with covid in QLD anymore? I’m pretty sure Suncorp can be at 100% this friday so our game the next week should be as well. Also I know it’s not quite the right thread from it, but what sort of crowd does everyone expect for the game against the Broncos? 25k+ would be awesome

Sell out unless the Broncos Gold Coast base are sick of watching us flog them.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    had to have a chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    sell out because our fans will fill it and the ‘Ponies mob can watch on a big screen at Robina.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

That was absolutely awesome, great work to the creators. It really looks like the players have brought in and we could be in for a great year. Jeez who else absolutely loves Holbrook after seeing that

Eps 3 and 4 are absolute brilliance. Loved it. Congrats to the creators and all involved.

Ditto ... enjoyed the progression very much ... sure there was a lot more that could have been added but what they did with what they had was great viewing ... would have won a few more souls I’d reckon.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Only watched the first two episodes so far but really enjoyed it. Didn’t mind Badel as nothing he said was new.
    Looking forward to the next two and the season start. We need to beat every team that finished below us last year and that starts this week.

I watched two episodes and enjoyed it. I appreciated the relaxed style which took its time.

It's great to get to know some of the players better. I thought Fifita and Boyd watching the 2017 Keebra Park game in the hill was genius and really meaningful. It was nice to see them reminisce about going to school there.

I'm looking forward to watching the latest episodes.

Badel was frustrating because he death-rode us at so many opportunities and seemed complicit in efforts to relocate or shut us down. I mean he seemed to have a short line of communication with the phantom consortium that haunted us. I couldn't stomach his Moses-like attitude towards success. That won't fly, we remember. There are plenty more journos out there who would have been a better fit. I was shocked that he didn't know who Justin Holbrook was and obviously has no interest in Super League. Strange when you are "chief league writer" at the Courier Mail.

Back on the good stuff. I loved Tino's roadtrip. He has fast becoming one of my favourite players. He hasn't forgotten where he is from.

The production quality was high and it was obviously a labour of love. I'll report back after I watch the next couple.

Some people think this type of show is adding rods for our back. What do you think? Sure its pressure. But I'd prefer this than the constant grim reaper hovering. That is pressure as well. I think the team can focus and train and work in their own bubble.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior

I thought it was great. Sure they could have put a lot more in, and yes they focused on the journeys of a few but they obviously had a limited amount of air time so had to condense stuff.
    Like they touched on some of the Junior stuff and talked about building, but could have shown a bit more, if they had more time.
    I actually liked the fact that they had Badel in the first episode and saying how poor we were. It emphasised over the 4 episodes the growth and progression of the club.
    Some great insights from Dennis Watts and Steve Mitchell. Like how often do you hear a CEO or Chairman say they were excited to see big money players dropped, but it reinforced the belief in Justin’s coaching and what they were trying to build.
    All in all I think it was a positive excercise.

I found it interesting that they didn't interview Taylor at all.

yeah honestly I can’t even remember Taylor being on the screen at all. Feel like Mo deserved some air time too, but understand theres only so much they could fit in

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    Some great insights from Dennis Watts and Steve Mitchell. Like how often do you hear a CEO or Chairman say they were excited to see big money players dropped, but it reinforced the belief in Justin’s coaching and what they were trying to build.
    That is an absolute turning point for our club. And a vital ingredient for the culture change. People are hungry for positions and should promote healthy competition and reduce complacency.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER