Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Was just looking at the Ladder.
    Don’t you get two points for the bus anymore in the NRL?
    Just looking at the Dogs and they have one win and one bye and are on 4 points.

Inactive User

Thanks JB. The ladders have finally been updated. So yes you still get two points for the bye.

Inactive User

I never tire of the Drongoes being flogged

Bronco Bill paging Bronco Bill, where you at buddy

Inactive User

^^^^^ ha ha
    DrongoeBill and a_guest
    Biggest flogs

So rewarding to see the Broncos in last position. Go Bulldogs!

Can the Broncos get two consecutive spoons?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The crap they used to give us when we were doing it rough...I'll never forget when they used James Roberts to kick a conversion in front of our home fans at the end of the game the year after we let him go just to rub it in a bit more. The arrogance of that club. And they wonder why they're so disliked.

And either the pager is broken or Bronco Bill is back in hiding after seeing his team get flogged again last night, now to sit bottom of the ladder for the second year in a row.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 18-06-21 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    The crap they used to give us when we were doing it rough...I'll never forget when they used James Roberts to kick a conversion in front of our home fans at the end of the game the year after we let him go just to rub it in a bit more. The arrogance of that club. And they wonder why they're so disliked.
    Wow. I missed this. That is enraging. Why would Roberts attempt to kick a conversion?

Do you know what year and round it was?

I found this though from Round 5, 2016.... Labelled on the ABC website as... "James Roberts quiets the Robina crowd"

http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-conte...aur-mobile.mp4

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Wow. I missed this. That is enraging. Why would Roberts attempt to kick a conversion?

Do you know what year and round it was?

I found this though from Round 5, 2016.... Labelled on the ABC website as... "James Roberts quiets the Robina crowd"

http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-conte...aur-mobile.mp4
    I'll have to dig deeper for it, but I was so sure it happened. It was after one of the games in which we were annihilated by them.

Inactive User

Yeah Roberts definitely took a conversion when they flogged us. I can’t tell you the year though.

NRL raises $4.1 million through Beanie For Brain Cancer Round
    https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/

A staggering $4.1 million has been raised by the fifth iteration of the NRL’s Beanie For Brain Cancer Round, which took place this weekend.

The NRL has raised a record $4.1 million for the Mark Hughes Foundation through this year’s Beanie For Brain Cancer Round.

Held this season in round 15, the annual fundraiser encourages NRL fans to purchase an MHF beanie to wear at games, with all proceeds going to brain cancer research.

By Sunday afternoon, 160,000 beanies had been sold in what was the fifth iteration of the initiative.

Incredibly, $1 million of the funds raised were donated by the newly established McCloy Family Foundation.

MHF Founder Mark Hughes, who played 161 games for the Newcastle Knights and was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2013, said he was “overwhelmed” by the generosity shown by NRL fans.

“Every year the rugby league community digs deep but this result is truly incredible,” the two-time premiership winner said in a statement released Sunday.

“From the 28 people who trekked 150km from Sydney to Newcastle (to raise funds), the $1 million donated by McCloy Family Foundation, the NRL and to every single person who bought a beanie and held a fundraiser big and small – thank you!”

While brain cancer kills more children than any other disease and more people under 40 than any other cancer, institutions researching the condition receive less than 5% of federal funding for cancer research.

Hughes said the money raised by Beanie For Brain Cancer Round would help fund vital research.

“With what has been raised in the last five years, we are now in a position to put the best brain cancer research and support team in the world together, here in Newcastle, and this is helping us change the outcome for future patients diagnosed. We are truly humbled and overwhelmed with gratitude.”

NRL CEO Andrew Abdo said the total raised, which exceeded the Mark Hughes Foundation’s goal by over $1m, was a “fine example” of “the power of the rugby league community”.

“I often say rugby league brings people together and Beanie For Brain Cancer Round is a fine example of that,” Abdo said.

“To our clubs, players, broadcasters and most of all our fans, who have shown their support and bought beanies — we should all be extremely proud of our collective ability to unite for a common cause.

“I especially want to acknowledge Mark Hughes. He was a champion player on the field and has overcome adversity to become a community leader off the field. His ongoing leadership with the Mark Hughes Foundation will have a lasting impact on so many people.”

Beanies can be purchased at the Mark Hughes Foundation’s website.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post

And either the pager is broken or Bronco Bill is back in hiding after seeing his team get flogged again last night, now to sit bottom of the ladder for the second year in a row.
    It was 2017 when they beat us bloody 54-0 at our home. I just researched it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    It was 2017 when they beat us bloody 54-0 at our home. I just researched it.
    Nah…Not that game. It was Milford who took the last kick of the night. Up until then it had been Kahu. For the life of me I don’t remember Roberts taking any kicks in games against us but I maybe wrong.

Maybe it wasn't a conversion then...but I remember it was something, something involving Roberts at the time which really rubbed me the wrong way.

Inactive User

No I’m right. He missed the conversion but he most definitely took one.

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/s...e/summary.html

Don’t underestimate the Bods