Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Anybody want to debate the logic of the Conference idea?

1. Number of teams (prefer 20 see my point 5, 2 x 10)
    2. Finals (if 10 teams then top 4 each play)
    3. Locations (see my point 5)
    4. Travel issues (can't be totally Sydney centric which is completely unfair no matter what model)

5. Promotion and relegation concept (my thought not in the NRL's so far)
    5.1 Include a second tier from the Cup competitions.
    5.2 Expand through those clubs
    5.3 Promote and relegate 1 club per conference..

Provide a lot more television content for more money
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The conference idea is dumb IMO.

I like watching the traditional sides. They have massive supporter bases around the nation and especially SEQLD.

I don't want to see a "Sydney" team in the Grand Final every year. We'd be robbed of many great match ups.

As Titanic said the travel isn't fair either for the Sydney conference.

I'm for an 18th club, but prefer Perth over NZ. I see merit in NZ though.

I don't think the broadcasters would like this. As Sydney supporters wouldn't watch the other conference in great numbers.

I'm no expert in American sport, but I know the culture and tradition is sometimes radically different. For example it's acveptable to close down, rebrand and move teams. This attitude also fed into Super League arrogance in the 90s.

I hope the fans end this idea swiftly and forcefully.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    https://pythagonrl.com/

Found this Brad... looking for a statistics site and this popped up... went to the statistics link and got a headache. Not sure whether you are interested but I know you like anything rugba league.
    Aaaww thanks for thinking of me. You got that right! I'll check it out. I've never heard of it before.

Edit: Wow. Looks great. I'm already sucked in by how well it is presented.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

MAGAZINE: The Front Row - Volume 2 Issue 8
    READ: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/358...ume-2-issue-8/

OUT NOW - your weekly NRL match programme, this week for Round 8. INSIDE - a look at NRL scorelines post-COVID and how much the game has changed; Kurt Mann on Newcastle's road ahead; and why the new conference system could damage the game.

This week Andrew Ferguson analyses the NRL's changes in recent years and their significant impact on competitiveness through scorelines and blowouts; Paul Jobber shares Kurt Mann's outlook on what's ahead for the embattled Newcastle Knights; and Rob Crosby shares his thoughts on where the NRL will have gotten it wrong if they proceed with the 'two conference' system floated in the media during the week - particularly how it might impact Newcastle.

Add in the match program, results and teamlists from around Australia and a look at the UK - you've got a fantastic addition to your NRL match experience.

READ: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/358...ume-2-issue-8/

‘Extremely unhappy’: NRL stands down bunker officials after furious Robbo spray
    ROOSTERS

How good would it be to the Roosters. You don't get fined, you get results when you criticise the refs

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...1SyZ8cZojOvcsk

What do people think of the 6 again rule?

I don't like it. Gives too much momentum to a side and I don't even know what the infringements are for most of the time.

Seems like the Raiders are imploding as well!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    What do people think of the 6 again rule?

I don't like it. Gives too much momentum to a side and I don't even know what the infringements are for most of the time.
    As a Titans fan I hate it because we can't defend back to back sets that fast. It also allows the refs too much control over the game rather than letting it flow like they do in origin. Things that never would have been penalised before are now a refs way to say "look at how relevant I am".

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    As a Titans fan I hate it because we can't defend back to back sets that fast. It also allows the refs too much control over the game rather than letting it flow like they do in origin. Things that never would have been penalised before are now a refs way to say "look at how relevant I am".
    I feel the same way JB. And you are right about the Titans defence, it's definitely colouring my view.

I think the blow-out scores and injuries that are stacking up offers further evidence that it may not be the right way.

Just shocked and dismayed that the NRL chose the Magic Round showpiece to do this draconian crack down with sin bins and send offs.

I'd prefer them to be put on report and heavily suspended. The fans want a game and when this happens it is basically over.

Just shocked and dismayed that the NRL chose the Magic Round showpiece to do this draconian crack down with sin bins and send offs.

I'd prefer them to be put on report and heavily suspended. The fans want a game and when this happens it is basically over.
    It became a running joke in the crowd and every time there was a high shot everyone was calling for the send off. Problem was someone as stupid as Vlandy would think it was sincere and think the crowds were happy with it, but it was so far past a joke all we could do was join the joke by cheering.

It's a shame, we should be marveling in the afterglow of Magic Round.

Thank goodness all the top tier clubs haven't had any of their players suspended after the weekend. They just got fines. Wouldn't want to disadvantage them over the other clubs that are facing players on the side line for not being popular enough.

Junior

It was almost like it was brought out coincidently the same time V'landys lost his defamation case. Hmmm

I'm sure the increased fines will help with the NRL coffers and will spent wiseley.

Inactive User

Was just looking at the Ladder.
    Don’t you get two points for the bus anymore in the NRL?