Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Oh giddy three whole weeks of cheering for the Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Oh giddy three whole weeks of cheering for the Broncos
    Yeah I think Canberra gets 8th now, unless we beat the Knights and our for and against doesn't blow out.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Yeah I think Canberra gets 8th now, unless we beat the Knights and our for and against doesn't blow out.
    That's a big statement as I think Canberra could very well lose their last 3 Manly (yes Turbo out), Warriors, Roosters.
    Harawira-Naera has been one of their best also

NRL 2021 season to remain in QLD amid NSW Covid cases

Queensland is now the raging hot favourite to host this year’s NRL grand final, after the game’s governing body on Sunday announced the remainder of the regular season will be played in the Sunshine State.

The final three rounds of the competition will be played in Queensland, after the rising Covid-19 infection rate south of the border made it “impossible” for the game to return to New South Wales.

The NRL competition has called Queensland home for the past month and Sunday’s announcement – as well as the state’s zero locally-acquired cases on Sunday – has only added to calls to play this year’s premiership decider in the Sunshine State.

NSW’s 415 locally-acquired Covid cases on Sunday has cast doubt over Sydney’s ability to host the grand final on October 3, while Victoria’s 25 new cases on Sunday – 13 of which were infectious in the community – has heavily dented chances of a Melbourne decider.

In a win for rugby league fans in the state’s regions, the NRL announced the scheduling of games in Mackay, Rockhampton and Toowoomba in the final three rounds.

Mackay’s BB Print Stadium will host the Round 24 clash between the Warriors and Raiders as well as the Round 25 Thursday night match between the Raiders and the Roosters.

The first ever NRL match at Rockhampton’s Browne Park is scheduled for this Saturday’s Tigers v Sharks game, with next weekend’s Dragons v Cowboys clash also set to be played in the beef capital.

This weekend’s Sunday afternoon match between the Dragons and Roosters will also be played at the Clive Berghofer Stadium in Toowoomba.

“Mini magic” double headers have also been scheduled for Suncorp, Cbus Super and Moreton Daily stadiums in the race to this year’s finals series.

With the growing Covid concerns south of the border, the game’s governing body said it was “impossible” for the NRL to return to New South Wales in the final rounds of the regular season.

“The rising infection rate in NSW has made it impossible to return to NSW,” NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo said.

“I want to thank the Queensland Government and their relevant agencies, particularly Queensland Health, for their ongoing support to ensure the season can continue safely in all communities.

“What I’m most proud of during the pandemic is how the whole game has come together to ensure the continuity of the competition.

“I want to thank the clubs, the players and our broadcast partners who have ensured we can play multiple games at regional venues in the final three rounds.

“It’s ensured a great outcome for our fans.”

The decision comes after Rockhampton locals were left shattered earlier this month when Brisbane’s snap lockdown forced the Dragons v Rabbitohs game to relocated from Browne Park to Suncorp Stadium just hours before kick-off.

Abdo said the decision to take the game to the regions was to reward the footy-mad fans across Queensland.

“The pandemic is creating many challenges, but it is also creating opportunities,” he said.

“Rugby league heartlands are right throughout regional Queensland.

“We have some of our most passionate supporters in these regions and we wanted to ensure we rewarded those fans with as many opportunities as possible to watch their heroes live.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    That's a big statement as I think Canberra could very well lose their last 3 Manly (yes Turbo out), Warriors, Roosters.
    Harawira-Naera has been one of their best also
    They're playing football that is more likely to be a win against 50/50 teams than we are. We also have to AT LEAST beat the Warriors and they are hitting their strides too.

Looks like Turbo has been cleared of a fracture and MAY play. Fingers crossed they let him.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Looks like Turbo has been cleared of a fracture and MAY play. Fingers crossed they let him.
    Been named

come oooonnn pls play

2021 Fans' Poll: Turbo, Bellamy win; Speed of the game gets thumbs-up
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/08/25/...ets-thumbs-up/

I seem to be out of step with popular opinion on a few of these. Six Again and the Sin Bins for example.

PEACHEY NEXT TITAN ON CHOPPING BLOCK

Former NSW Origin utility Tyrone Peachey is facing a $300,000 pay cut to continue his NRL career as the Gold Coast Titans complete a $2 million roster purge that is expected to see Ash Taylor leave the club.

Peachey remains without a contract for 2022 and has only received lukewarm interest on the open market.

On a deal worth $550,000 this season, the Titans have discussed offering Peachey around $200,000 to remain at the club.

Intent on securing $400,000 next year, Peachey has switched managers and been shopped to rival clubs.

The Titans are clearing the decks and are expected to farewell up to 10 players at season’s end.

Taylor was dropped for Thursday night’s crucial game against Newcastle and has not been offered a deal, with coach Justin Holbrook expected to experiment with AJ Brimson and Jayden Campbell at five-eighth next year.

Holbrook maintained he hasn’t made a decision on Taylor’s future, however the writing appears to be on the wall for the $1 million man.

“Nothing has changed on that front to what I’ve been answering the last four or five weeks,” he said.

“It’s open. We haven’t made a decision there. It (dropping Taylor) is no big statement of mine.

“It’s not a yes or no on his future.”

Holbrook said the same applied to Peachey, who he picked at No. 6 for the Knights game in Taylor’s place.

“It’s obviously getting to the crunch end and we’re worrying about the next game rather than the future,” he said.

The Titans have also not offered new deals to Mitch Rein, Jonus Pearson, and Darius Farmer while Sam Stone and Jai Whitbread will head to England.

Centre Treymain Spry was released mid-season and veteran winger Anthony Don will retire.

Maybe he should look for a pen ASAP because that display shows his worth tonight

Newcastle just love getting spanked in their last regular season game

Milf looks great. And Albert Kelly is a better 7 than Jamal Fogarty. There I said it.

Milf looks great. And Albert Kelly is a better 7 than Jamal Fogarty. There I said it.
    At least Jamal can catch a ball on the full

Milf was the bargain of the decade

At least Jamal can catch a ball on the full
    My timing wasn’t great