After a 2020 season that included an NRL Premiership ring and a State of Origin Series victory, it's no wonder that a young Titan has chosen to learn of Tino Fa'asuamaleaui.

21-year-old Darius Farmer is yet to make his NRL debut, but is honing his game with the help of the Titans new recruit.

"Every day he (Fa'asuamaleaui) is pulling me aside for extras and he just goes make it the normal," Farmer said.

"It's little things like passing or running into contact or stepping.

"He's just trying to make sure all of the little things are right and it's helping my game.

"Having big Dave (Fifita) and Herm (Ese'ese) here, they are big bodies and they bring a lot of experience and I can just learn off that."

The former Junior Kiwis representative has spent half a decade on the Gold Coast, joining the Club as a teenager and also working as a community and game development trainee.

"I started my journey here when I was 14," he said.

"I was lucky enough to play NYC the last year and got about five games in and then got a bump up to first grade as a rookie.

"When I was young I didn't know the value of working hard and I think they taught me that here."

The promising young forward is targeting an NRL debut in season 2021, but also has other goals for the year ahead.

"Just trying to gain weight (is a focus).

"I've done a bit shift from back row to middle and now they want me to be like 107 or 106 kilos, so I've just been trying to keep my weight this pre-season.

"I just want to make sure when I step onto the field it is like it's my last game and I want to put everything out there and make sure I'm able to prove myself to Justin."

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...faasuamaleaui/