Default I miss the footy...

There was some good footy in 2020. Bring on 2021!!

Great highlights. What a sport. One of my resolutions for 2021 is to watch more games and more teams play.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I watch pretty much every game, every week. That might be considered a problem by some...but I love footy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I watch pretty much every game, every week. That might be considered a problem by some...but I love footy!!
    So you watch the different NRL shows during the week? If so, what ones?

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    So you watch the different NRL shows during the week? If so, what ones?
    I have fox, so I don't watch the free to air shows that much. I like NRL 360 for the footy talk. The Matty Johns show for the giggles and...although I might be the only one, I'll admit...I miss Queenslanders Only!

NRL 360 is a must watch, the rest I can take or leave. I miss Rugby League Week (the magazine) as well

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I miss Rugby League Week (the magazine) as well
    Yea even Big League seems to have gotten a bullet... I loved paying $40 a year and getting I dunno... over 30 issues on my iPad.

I also sub to Rugby League Review which I get posted over to HK.

Missing the footy? Watch the US political circus, more fun than a slap in the belly with a wet fish.

Being in China, I subscribe to watchnrl.com (a great service especially when I was travelling a lot) where I basically get all the shows and every game live with the ability to go into endless archives of stuff. As far as favourites go, can handle most of it but despise the opinionated goose Paul Kent. What gives this journo the right to argue the game with legendary players and coaches, does my head in. Also miss Qlders Only.

On the tabloid scene, I subscribe to the News Ltd papers online, with the weekend paper editions providing my family in Oz with fire-starters.

acrossthetasman.com provides a 'members only' forum with basically every sport and movie on the planet, where I can access UK and International stuff within minutes of it happening. League Unlimited provides some sort of comic relief from our Forum but most of all miss Fantasy Footy ... no good at it but partially makes up for the missed debates over a bbq or three.

Can't wait for 2021 to get real.

Ps. As watchnrl.com is the Fox coverage, I nearly die in shame when I listen to the occasional cringeworthy Nein (sic) coverage that seeps through.
    Last edited by Titanic; 17-01-21 at 12:07 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Yea even Big League seems to have gotten a bullet... I loved paying $40 a year and getting I dunno... over 30 issues on my iPad.

I also sub to Rugby League Review which I get posted over to HK.
    I think Big League is back next season. They just stopped it when crowds were stopped/cut due to the China virus. Mind you I had stopped buying it as the team lists are easy to just get on your phone as well as up to date stats etc. I would not be surprised if Big League soon fails as the marketing of it is pathetic. Go to a Titans game and to find a copy is near impossible. Some of the merchandise outlets sell it but you wouldn't now. Contrast this to the AFL where the Football Record has sellers everywhere as you walk in.
    In the absence of Big League the mob at League Unlimited did a weekly on line program and it was first class.