Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Nice comment from LeagueUnlimited https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/t....483004/page-7

Quote Originally Posted by Hello, I'm The Doctor
    I would be great if we can get a few seasons of Titans in the Top 8 and dominating over the other Qld Clubs.

Basically the same as the Storm post-2006 and the Cowboys post-2011, rather than being "the easy beats, everyones second favourite team, they are just trying and thats what matters" they become the team everyone hates and that the fans can really be proud of.

The GC have averaged above 16k in 9 out of their 15 seasons, so there is definitely potential. Between their new branding scheme (f*ckin brilliant) and a team that is looking confident, this would be a great moment for the GC to get some attention
    Although I would be happy to continue to be everyone's second team.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans v Broncos Match Highlights | Round 2 2021 | Telstra Premiership | NRL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6hAl75s7NjM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    That’s an interesting take JB. If Don ran forward then the forwards wouldn’t have to retreat so far. All I can say is we look a heck of a lot better when we start our sets after they have kicked to Thompson.

There was a clear opportunity at the 20 minute mark. He would have been one on one with fullback after we created an overlap from the set play. Instead of going for the corner like every other winger in the comp he cut back in and ran to the middle of the field and passed to Proctor.

I thought our halves were much improved last night. Holbrook nailed the hooker interchange with Clarke also.
    I'll have to watch the game on TV. Don runs it back, gets within a few metres of the D line then runs sideways, I don't oppose it, I used to be a prop, I'll take every second. Other than that we break from a scrum and send it his way and hope he can score on the 1st tackle when they've numbered up.

Was there a moment in last weeks game when he went for a sideline try and was bungled over the line?

Almost better than winning, the Drongoes have won only 1 game in their last 20 and that was against the lowly Dogs.

"To come here against our biggest rivals and get the win at our home ground is the most important thing" Justin Holbrook said.

Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Almost better than winning, the Drongoes have won only 1 game in their last 20 and that was against the lowly Dogs.
    Let's hope they can eclipse our record.

They have....

Round 3: Bulldogs
    Round 4: Storm
    Round 5: Rabbitohs
    Round 6: Panthers
    Round 7: Parra
    Round 8: Titans
    Round 9: Cowboys
    Round 10: Manly
    Round 11: Roosters
    Round 12: Storm
    Round 13: Dragons
    Round 14: Raiders

That is a real gauntlet with no easy games except maybe the Bulldogs next week and Manly/Dragons later.

Please spend your 6 points on who you believe were among our best players for Round 2 in the Moejoe awards.

CLICK HERE http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/sho...ear-quot/page2

@meno ... good with all that ... my point was not that we don’t use the right side but it’s ineffective in execution in attack. I also think we will also get exposed for lack of height on the left.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

For those wanting Sami in the team when and if we are at full strength, well that Try he let in at the end was disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    For those wanting Sami in the team when and if we are at full strength, well that Try he let in at the end was disgraceful.
    Agree, if that was my chance at making an impression to regain a spot I would have gone looking for the ball a lot more and perhaps challenged the aerial attack

If Don ran like Thompson coming out of his own end he'd be an immortal, would rather spry or marzhew on the wing but he always seems so come up with a try when we need it so I can't complain with his selection too much

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    @meno ... good with all that ... my point was not that we don’t use the right side but it’s ineffective in execution in attack. I also think we will also get exposed for lack of height on the left.
    Hey mate, my point was that it's ineffective but not by much. Since it's only round 2...I'm confident it'll come good.

I think criticism of Sami's defence on that last try is a little unfair. I thought he made decent first contact and could have done with better/earlier help from Tino, and rewatching it now Taylor's attempt was pretty pathetic. I just think Don needs a lot more redeeming qualities to make up for his woeful hit ups. He's easily the winger with the least impact in the NRL, daylight second last. I suppose I'll just have to trust Holbrook.
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...Kz0EMuKvUxigbk

Well that's one "try" that's made it into the spot light

Just watched the replay on TV. Ash was better in defence than I noticed at the ground but still offers little in attack.

Sami was responsible in that last ten minutes of play that allowed Riki to run a mile before snipering himself and AJ tackling him. Isaako to run around him which got the Donkeys down our end for a repeat set after a penalty for then Pangai to score on top of him.