Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Junior

I'm wondering the same thing

Inactive User

Surely Holbrook lifting us from getting the wooden spoon by a whopping 8 premiership points to 9th gives him a pretty long period of time whereby we don’t question his decisions on selection.
    Also he won’t be able to really have his own squad he’s put together himself until next year or the year after.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Would love to know what the go is with Ese'ese. Feels strange we supposedly paid 400k+ for him just to sit in reserve grade, and play Lisone over him (who looked a bit meh against the Warriors too). He was touted as a big buy by the club so was he possibly training poorly in pre-season maybe?
    There’s no way we are paying Ese’ese that much

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    There’s no way we are paying Ese’ese that much
    Possibly not but I remember hearing Newcastle wanted to keep him but couldn’t match the deal so I doubt he’s on pig feed that’s for sure.

Either way though it just seems weird that a signing that the club hyped up as massive is stuck playing QCUP, especially when many rate him over someone Lisone. All I can think is that he came back to preseason massively unfit or underwhelming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Surely Holbrook lifting us from getting the wooden spoon by a whopping 8 premiership points to 9th gives him a pretty long period of time whereby we don’t question his decisions on selection.
    Also he won’t be able to really have his own squad he’s put together himself until next year or the year after.
    Definitely giving him the benefit of the doubt but was just curious about Ese’ese to see if anybody had any word/inside info on why he’s stuck in reserve grade.

Forget it... stuffed up
    Last edited by shamus; 17-03-21 at 04:28 PM.

Huh? Is this about Ese?

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Huh? Is this about Ese?
    Nah... Heard that Dave Mead has swapped wings...which puts Don and Coates on the same side. Why would Broncos do that as Coates is good in the air but they would nullify each over out over the high ball. I would have thought you would leave Coates on the right side up against Thompson.

Jeez I hope thats right Shamus, Coates on Thompson would definitely be a worry.

Ese Ese is only 18th man for Tweed, maybe theres a chance he'll be a late inclusion over Lisone? If not he's really fallen down the pecking order if he can't get a start for Tweed

Any news on the crowd for the game? Sell out?

they’re saying around 25k but if it rains like it’s meant to I reckon it will drop to around 20

Even 20k will have a great atmosphere. Not that confident but pumped for our first home game. One more sleep.

Inactive User

I’m nervous for 3 reasons
    1-it’s our biggest rival and losing to them is devastating
    2-I don’t want to be the team they break their fantastic losing streak to
    3-if we are 0W and 2L then our season is already under extreme pressure

The consequences of a loss tomorrow for our club are massive

Thought you'd like some of AJ's comments here Bodsie:

NRL 2021: Fullback AJ Brimson says Titans couldn’t ask for better game to find form than against Broncos

Travis Meyn and Peter Badel
    March 18, 2021
    News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Origin star AJ Brimson has declared the Titans will bounce back from their round one flop and Gold Coast players have a point to prove against the “Big Brother” Broncos.

Brimson will face-off against the team he idolised as a child when the Titans host Brisbane in Friday night’s derby at Cbus Super Stadium.

The Titans fullback grew up a mad Broncos fan, once leading the team out for a game at Suncorp Stadium, and watched his older brother, Will, be signed to Brisbane’s under-20s system.

The Broncos did not make a play for the younger Brimson, who caught the eye of Titans scouts on the Gold Coast after coming through the Keebra Park High School system that produced Benji Marshall, Payne Haas and David Fifita.

The first derby of the season promises to be a spicy affair after both teams lost last weekend and Brimson said the Titans would come out firing.

“I used to like the Broncos, yes, I was born in Brisbane and was a Broncos-Queensland fan,” Brimson said.

“Will was in the under-20s system there and I got picked up by the Titans. We had different pathways.

“I’m obviously a diehard, through and through Titan now. I always love these battles. I respect the Broncos as a club and look forward to these local derbies.

“There is always that little bit in the back of your head because it’s that ‘big brother, little brother’ club and they’re up the highway.

“They feel the same way, too. We always have our little battles.

“It’s a little bit more special, especially for the fans, they always get behind it. It will be a good atmosphere.

“It’s obviously a big game every year, we’re definitely going to be up for it and I’m sure they will be too.

“I’m sure it’s going to be a pretty physical game.”

The Titans enjoyed a pre-season of hype and optimism after finishing 2020 ninth on a five-game winning streak and securing star signings in Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (Melbourne) and Fifita (Brisbane).

But they were mediocre in a Round 1 loss to the Warriors, making too many errors and defending poorly to drop a game they should have won.

The Titans had the wood over the Broncos last year, winning both derbies as Brisbane went on to collect the club’s first wooden spoon.

Brimson, 22, denied the Titans crumbled under expectation last weekend and was adamant they would rise for the Broncos.

“We definitely didn’t go in there ahead of ourselves,” he said.

“We knew it was going to be a hard challenge and we spoke about that sort of stuff.

“It was round one frantics (sic) and unfortunately we had a bad game and underperformed. We didn’t play the way we trained all pre-season and that was frustrating.

“But I don’t think that was due to us thinking we were better than we are.
    “It was similar to last year, the way we started the year. We’re a lot further than we were at this time last year but it was a similar narrative.

“We’ve got to start well. We’ve already addressed that and are looking forward now.

“We owe it to the fans and we’re grateful they will be supporting us here in numbers.

“Our plan is definitely to not let them down. We spoke about that as a club, that’s what we want to be a part of – making the Gold Coast community proud. We’re definitely going to be putting on a good performance for the fans.

“You can’t not get up for this game. We will show that on Friday night.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...7b1a6a34977cb0

Inactive User

^^^ Yeah that’s why I’ve always been gung ho about local juniors and SE QLd/Northern Rivers players being who we preference in our recruitment. A GC premiership can only come from being driven by local juniors with a passion for the area.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ
    “I used to like the Broncos, yes, I was born in Brisbane and was a Broncos-Queensland fan,” Brimson said.
    Thanks for posting HS.

I really like this comment because... dark secret... I was born in Brisbane and I love Brissie. But also a diehard Titan and an old match attending Chargers fan.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER