Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Junior

Game day baby!!!!!!

Rep Player

Shortest off season ever but still felt like a lifetime. This is the most hyped I’ve been for a season since 2007.

Titans debutants today.

#159 - Patrick Herbert
    #160 - David Fifita
    #161 - Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

Attached Images Attached Images
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Game Day!! As we have seen so far this round its going to be sloppy. Let's just keep the errors down, complete our sets, no dumb penalties. I don't care if we win by 1 let's just kick off with a nice win and injury-free. Hyped! Keen to see how we go under the new rules, we seem more mobile these days so hopefully, it suits vs the warriors

Sink or swim for Titans: Proctor
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

KEVIN Proctor believes the weight of expectation surrounding the Titans this season can only lift the team to perform to the standard, as the club takes aim at a first finals berth in five years.

“It’s a sink-or-swim mentality for us,” the Gold Coast skipper said.

“I think the expectation is a good thing. If the boys are feeling that kind of pressure to play well, they’re going to do everything right to live up to those expectations.

“For some people it can affect them differently … but everyone here is thinking about it as a positive thing.

“We’ve had so much negative stuff here in the past two or three years, it’s nice to have some (optimism) around the club now.”

The Titans enter Saturday’s clash with the Warriors at Gosford as favourites to win their first NRL season opener since 2018.

It took until Round 4 for Gold Coast to get its first win in 2020 and Proctor hopes for a faster start this time around – though he won’t be overreacting if it isn’t.

“The start to our season is really important, especially after the way we finished last year,” he said.

“Hopefully the boys can take some confidence from that into Round 1. But if it doesn’t go our way in the first couple of rounds that isn’t a bad thing either, as long as we’re hitting our straps at the right time.”

The Titans began their stirring run of five straight wins a touch too late last season, narrowly missing out on finals in the shortened 20-week fixture.

But that run has fuelled the off-season optimism at Parkwood and with a host of fresh faces at the club, the excitement continues to build.

“It’s all excitement at the moment but it’s really nothing until we do something – we haven’t done anything yet so it’s not special yet,” he said.

What is special to Proctor is retaining the captaincy, alongside incoming co-captain and fellow Palm Beach Currumbin High alumni Jamal Fogarty.

For two Gold Coast products to share the reins as Titans captains, and lead the club back into finals contention for the first time since 2016, would be a proud moment for the 250-game NRL veteran.

“(The club has) gone out on a limb for me and if I was able to do that (return the Titans to the finals) it would mean the world to me,” Proctor said.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Shortest off season ever but still felt like a lifetime. This is the most hyped I’ve been for a season since 2007.
    Yea it has been actually. (The shortest off-season). But it's been the most exciting in a decade.

I'm leaning towards hype being good. In terms of expectation.

Players I am keen to watch are Thompson, Tino, Fifita, Jolliffe and Kelly. Oh and of course AJ.

Interested to see how Taylor, Herbert, Rein and Peachey go. I see some healthy competition and depth in the backline and backrow.

I'm still getting used to following a team that might win a game.

Round 1 Hype video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OJ3HCXFtYVc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm well prepared for the inevitable ridiculous hottakes if we lose.

That being said, think our advantage lies in speed against the Warriors. I also think the Peach is a sneaky chance to pick up some serious moejoe awards points in this matchup.

Titans by 8.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Yea it has been actually. (The shortest off-season). But it's been the most exciting in a decade.

I'm leaning towards hype being good. In terms of expectation.

Players I am keen to watch are Thompson, Tino, Fifita, Jolliffe and Kelly. Oh and of course AJ.

Interested to see how Taylor, Herbert, Rein and Peachey go. I see some healthy competition and depth in the backline and backrow.

I'm still getting used to following a team that might win a game.
    100% mate

I reckon Patty Herbert could be one of the signings of the season. On bugger all and playing for an extension. I rated him highly at the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    That being said, think our advantage lies in speed against the Warriors. I also think the Peach is a sneaky chance to pick up some serious moejoe awards points in this matchup.
    Absolutely. Keep a sharp eye on everyone. And share your thoughts. I find seeing people's takes expands my own appreciation of our players. And it's also interesting to see the qualities people enjoy and value in a rugby league player.

New Moejoe thread for 2021 is here : http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/sho...714#post411714

Patrick Herbert will become Titan #159, David Fifita #160 and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui #161 as all three make their Club debut’s against the Warriors. #NRLWarriorsTitans

Titans 1-17 for opening game
    https://www.titans.com.au/

The Gold Coast Titans will be 1-17 to start the 2021 NRL Premiership season with coach Justin Holbrook keeping the team named earlier in the week.

Patrick Herbert will become Titan #159, David Fifita #160 and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui #161 as all three make their Club debut’s against the Warriors.

Herbert will line up on the right side, with winger Anthony Don outside him, while the left flank will see Corey Thompson on the wing and reigning Paul Broughton Medallists Brian Kelly in the centres.

Fifita and Fa’asuamaleaui make up a formidable Titans pack, joining representative players Jarrod Wallace, Moeaki Fotuaika and Captain Kevin Proctor in the starting side.

Further punch will come from the bench, with Jaimin Jolliffe and Sam Lisone to rotate through the middle.

Ash Taylor and Captain Jamal Fogarty will be looking to build on the combination formed in 2020, with the two to line up in the halves, while Mitch Rein (hooker) and AJ Brimson (fullback) make up the Titans spine.

Taylor will play his 100th NRL match, with his 100th Titans match to follow next week.

Tyrone Peachey and Erin Clark give coach Justin Holbrook versatility off the bench.

The Titans will be looking for a Club record six-straight wins and more importantly a victory to start their 2021 campaign when the match against the Warriors kicks off at 2pm (Qld) at Central Coast Stadium.

I’m nervous as hell , just want the boys to get it done go titans !

Team list from LU Front Row

Both teams 1-17

I just quickly signed up for a new online betting account. Used to have a punt years ago. But thought I'd get into it. Nothing big.