Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Certainly agree with Clark and Fermor. Happy to stick with bobblehead Don for now.
    Re the comments about the Warriors large pack, don't forget this is a 3pm kick off and the temp down there is expected to be 30 degrees on Saturday. Good luck to the Warriors with that. On paper our forward pack should be all over theirs.
    I am not sure that will as much of an issue as the past as they have been doing pre season down in NSW so should be more acclimatised.

Looks like it's raining heavily in Gosford Thurs/Fri as well, so expect a damp field. Hopefully we're training for that and practicing some early kicks for field position, and I imagine the Warriors will be doing a lot of 1 up hit ups in their forward pack with a slippery ball.

Currently listening to a podcast by two Warriors fans. And one particularly is crapping on us, saying we will fall apart. (In the contexts of a full 16 team year preview) And he is sick of the hype. It really fires me up. Both of them say we will run about 10th. Let's SMASH em!!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

League Unlimited have online magazine out called FRONT ROW.

Titans 2020 preview on page 7
    WARRIORS v TITANS preview on page 17

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/354...ume-2-issue-1/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    League Unlimited have online magazine out called FRONT ROW.

Titans 2020 preview on page 7
    WARRIORS v TITANS preview on page 17

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/354...ume-2-issue-1/
    I found this on line mag last season and printed the games sections. Made it so much easier to get info while watching games rather than scrolling through a phone. They started it because Big League stopped production last year due to the China virus but were supposed to be back this year. I haven't heard whether they have started it up again though.

I'm really pissed off the NRL has seemingly cut Big League. And as a subscriber I also heard SFA about it. Just another line item to rule out for some people... I used to love to get all the digital copies, so easy to read in the app. And all for something like $39.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/11/...ans---round-1/

Video: Warriors v Titans - Round 1
    Nathan Brown's first game as Warriors coach is up against arguably the most exciting team in the league with the rapidly improving Titans visiting Central Coast Stadium. Jamie Soward previews the game

League Unlimited: Warriors vs Titans
    https://leagueunlimited.com/news/354...itans-preview/

Front of today's GC Bulletin sport page.

Attached Images Attached Images

Taylor focussing on 'the now'
    https://www.titans.com.au/

Ash Taylor says it’s been a journey to 100 games, but it’s a milestone he is proud to achieve.

Joining the Titans in 2016, after previously playing just one NRL game with the Broncos, Taylor says he immediately felt at home on the Coast.

“The boys really welcomed me at this Club back then,” he said.

“I wasn’t even expected to play first grade (in my first year).

“We had Kane Elgey and Tyrone Roberts here, so I was third string until Kane hurt himself which gave me my opportunity.

“The Club has stuck with me over the years so it is great to repay them.”

The five-eighth says it wasn’t always a guarantee that he would reach the 100 game mark.

"When I took that time off (in 2019) I didn't think I was going to make it," Taylor said.

"I didn't think I was going to be back, so to come back now and to be in the mind frame I am now it's very exciting for me, my family, my teammates, this club.

"It means a lot to me."

The Toowoomba Brothers junior will play his 100th NRL game in round one against the Warriors, before notching his 100th Titans game in round two.

The 25-year-old will celebrate a birthday two days before the Titans take on the Broncos at Cbus Super Stadium, with Taylor looking to celebrate another milestone against his former club.

"I love my role now," Taylor said.

"In previous years it's been tough, but now we've got Jamal steering the ship and me just playing my role in the team.

"If I own that it makes everyone else's role in the team easier.

“We’ve just got to keep the same mindset – run hard and play hard.

“That’s how I love playing footy, play what’s in front of us and that’s what we’ll do on the weekend.”

Having already nearly called time on his NRL career, worrying about his playing future is something Taylor said he's learned not to focus on.

"If you're worried about the now the future will look after itself," he said.

"I've really learned that over my last six years at this club."

New Titans ready to go
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...1-ready-to-go/

After 16 long weeks of pre-season, the NRL season finally kicks off tonight.

Tickets: See the Titans new recruits in action at Cbus Super Stadium - Titans v Broncos

For fans of the Gold Coast, they will have to wait a few more days to see their men in action.

And, to see three new players in the blue, gold and white of the Titans for the first time in a NRL match.

Titans recruits Patrick Herbert, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui and David Fifita have all been named to debut for the club this Saturday as the Titans take on the Warriors in their adopted home of the Central Coast Gosford. (Team List)

Fans have had glimpses of their new recruits over the pre-season with Fifita and Herbert featuring in the NRL All Stars, while Fa'asuamaleaui played strongly in the Titans trial against the Warriors in Lismore, in late in February.

After the All Stars, Herbert shared his enthusiasm to play with his new teammates, after five of them were on the opposite side that night.

"I am fairly keen to play with the Indigenous boys that I just played against'" Herbert said.

"We walked away as friends after the weekend and I am pretty keen to play with them now."

Fellow recruit Fa'asuamaleaui was the last to join the club for pre-season after an extended 2020 season that saw him win the NRL Premiership with the Melbourne Storm and then play a starring role in the State of Origin series for Queensland.

Upon arriving in December he spoke of his desire to land the number 13 jersey he will wear this weekend.

"Obviously it is one of my goals to try and get that number thirteen (jersey)," Fa'asuamaleaui said.

"Especially coming a bit late in the pre-season I have got to go that extra length to try and seal that spot.

"I would be excited if I did."

He now gets the chance to do just that against a big and mobile Warriors pack that is sure to provide a good test all across the park.

The last of the debutants, Dave Fifita, has travelled the shortest distance to get to the Gold Coast after moving down from local rival, the Brisbane Broncos ahead of the 2021 season.

After arriving with a knee injury the young forward has impressed coaches and training staff with his work ethic and is now in top shape to play to his potential, after an injury interrupted 2020.

Partnering with Jamal Fogarty on the right-side of the field, Warriors halves got a glimpse in the Lismore trial of what is coming their way on Saturday afternoon.

With a game now under his belt, Fifita's confidence and combinations will only continue to improve.

And, for the big backrower, his role is simple.

"I just want to play footy, that is what I love," Fifita said, ahead of his return to football for the NRL All Stars.

"I know how to play footy, I just need to showcase that and do my job for the team."

You can watch all three and their teammates in action this Saturday at 2PM (AEST)/3PM (AEDT) live on Fox League, Kayo and Sky Sports NZ.

Stay up to date with the play by play on Titans social channels.

Key Matchup: Fotuaika v Fonua-Blake
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...v-fonua-blake/

Our key matchup for round one starts in the middle.

The Warriors have always been known for boasting a formidable pack and their 2021 side is no different.

It'll be a great test for a Titans pack featuring Origin players Jarrod Wallace, Moeaki Fotuaika, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui and David Fifita as well as New Zealand international Kevin Proctor.

Fotuaika is our Titan in focus, in particular in his match-up against Warriors enforcer Addin Fonua-Blake.

Not only one of the most talented young forwards in the game, Fotuaika is one of the most consistent.

After winning the Paul Broughton Medal as the Club best and fairest in 2019, Fotuaika finished second behind Brian Kelly last season.

The 21-year-old played 18 games across 2020, averaging 145 running metres per game.

His workrate is outstanding and he impressed in his first hit-out after making his State of Origin debut in the Titans pre-season trial game against the Warriors in Lismore.

For the opposition, Fonua-Blake will be looking to impress in his first NRL game in Warriors colours.

After being used predominantly as an interchange prop in his first two seasons he has been a first-choice starting front rower for Manly since 2018.

In 15 appearances in 2020 averaged 167 metres and 26 tackles a game while across his career he averages 125 metres and 21 tackles a match.

Fonua-Blake has represented New Zealand and Tonga at test level and the representative forward will prove a handful for the Titans defence.

It's a matchup worth watching as two of the games best middle forwards go head-to-head to kick off season 2021.

Rep Player

Cant say i've been this hyped for a Titans season in a long time. I just want us to beat the teams we should beat. Take some wins of the top teams and I really just look forward to enjoying watching my footy again. bring it on

I sat there last night watching the Storms start to that match. What makes them so different in having that aptitude to be able to execute a start like that and how do you emulate it? 1st set was nearly a 100m set and their first defensive set held the Rabbitohs inside their 20. Incredible.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I sat there last night watching the Storms start to that match. What makes them so different in having that aptitude to be able to execute a start like that and how do you emulate it? 1st set was nearly a 100m set and their first defensive set held the Rabbitohs inside their 20. Incredible.
    Its something that will take years but Hollbrook could be the man for it. Bellamy has them running like a well oiled machine, everyone understands and executes their role. Most importantly their nursery of players is immense, they can lose a gun player and have a ready made star set to slot straight in and not miss a beat. As we are starting to get our pathways and junior programs in order I can only hope we are at the beginning of the same