Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Hell even throw in Beau Fermor or Sam Mcntyre in over Clarke. Ruined my Saturday, my multi, my work tips, my fantasy league.

Were you guys not impressed by Tino at all? I thought he was really solid apart from that one drop ball in the first half. You can tell he tries his absolute heart out whenever he's out there. And I love Mo but his handling errors were at crucial points of the game today and he really needs to fix that up.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Lisone looks unfit and Erin Clarke actually brings nothing to the team. Wouldn't mind seeing Ese'ese in for Lisone and even Tanah Boyd in for Clarke, but do we not have any other hooker prospects they're so integral to the game and feel like we are running with a B grade starting hooker and D grade backups
    Were you watching the same game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Hell even throw in Beau Fermor or Sam Mcntyre in over Clarke. Ruined my Saturday, my multi, my work tips, my fantasy league.
    Ah ok that explains it

I thought Clark's defence/effort was good.

Not happy with the result...but certainly not a wrist slitter for me. Anyone that thought the warriors would be easy beats this year was kidding themselves. They are a force, they're relentless with power runs. I mentioned their pack in the trial thread, and they wanted the win badly today. Credit where it's due.

I hope this loss burns the boys deeply and deflates a couple of heads. I'm not that upset with a loss in round one...as long as it lights a fire for the rest of the year.
    Last edited by Menoitios; 13-03-21 at 05:29 PM.

Speaking of ruined multis. How'd you be with Nikorima kicking it to 13+ with 0.0001 seconds left on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Were you guys not impressed by Tino at all? I thought he was really solid apart from that one drop ball in the first half. You can tell he tries his absolute heart out whenever he's out there. And I love Mo but his handling errors were at crucial points of the game today and he really needs to fix that up.
    Yeah I thought Tino was ok. He will be better for that. Mo was poor and his errors were at bad times. I've also noticed he's jinking a bit and not hitting the line.
    I thought Rein started ok but faded out. Taylor at half really worries me. No zip from either half today in conditions made for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I thought Clark's defence/effort was good.

Not happy with the result...but certainly not a wrist slitter for me. Anyone that thought the warriors would be easy beats this year was kidding themselves. They are a force, they're relentless with power runs. I mentioned their pack in the trial thread, and they wanted the win badly today. Credit where it's due.

I hope this loss burns the boys deeply and deflates a couple of heads. I'm not that upset with a loss in round one...as long as it lights a fire for the rest of the year.
    Kidding. The Warriors are a bottom 4 side.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Were you watching the same game?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah ok that explains it
    Hahahhaa yep that would explain it, nah I couldn't wait for season kick off and that was a big let down. Worst game of the round so far imho.

I am probably being a bit harsh on Lisone he did take some good carries in the second half but I still think we need better. Not a fan of Clarke whatsoever, I honestly think he is way too slow and his service out of dummy half is poor and should release the ball a second earlier to give some breathing room to the receiver.

Well fingers crossed we get some cohesion and better attacking structure for next game, and play what's in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yeah I thought Tino was ok. He will be better for that. Mo was poor and his errors were at bad times. I've also noticed he's jinking a bit and not hitting the line.
    I thought Rein started ok but faded out. Taylor at half really worries me. No zip from either half today in conditions made for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Kidding. The Warriors are a bottom 4 side.
    We'll see. I reckon T Boyd would have had fun out there today.

Anyone could have ahd fun out there today. No one stood up. Exception for Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Anyone could have ahd fun out there today. No one stood up. Exception for Thompson.
    Then why didn't they?

Edit sorry realised I’ve replied to the wrong bloke in my blinded defence of Erin Clark

Ignore this

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Edit sorry realised I’ve replied to the wrong bloke in my blinded defence of Erin Clark

Ignore this
    Count me in on the defence of Clark. I'm a fan.

Then why didn't they?
    Exactly, why didn't anyone take control of that game?

Well that's Fogarty's job since we know after 5 years Ash can't do it and neither can any of our 9s.

What surprised me was how well their big blokes handled the heat. For a big side, their defence was admirable and their power game impressive.

We may have just underestimated their will, and got lost in the fight.

I hope Holly will have our heads straight next week.