Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Where’s Bodsie

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Lousy performance. Nothing in attack, in the most part a dreadful kicking game, and the halves worry me a lot. No point having great forwards if no one can steer them around.
    I'm happy to accept that it is just the first game but that was poor.
    Our 9 worries me the most. Might have had a better game today but we're never going to win a premiership with him. Apart from the odd kick and sprint out of dummy half, he really doesn't offer much else at all.

I am not overly concerned by that performance. The whole game looked in slow mo and you can see we are working combis out. A few unlucky calls that were 50/50 or just unlucky and we couldve had that game. We didn't roll over and leak points which is a positive.

Completely played 1 dimensional attack, either a block play or just a hit up through the middle. End of last year we were getting all our momentum from moving the ball especially in our own half. Pretty poor effort.

Thompson was our best back, AJ and BK barely saw the ball. Not sold on Herbert give Treymaine or Marzhew a go there instead. Jolifee and Rein had a good game.

Blown chances and basic errors ... the rest was elementary. Now the media will tall poppy us to pieces. Fifita and Brimson just weren’t brought into the game. Where were our wide shifts? We really looked like deer in the headlights.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Blown chances and basic errors ... the rest was elementary. Now the media will tall poppy us to pieces. Fifita and Brimson just weren’t brought into the game. Where were our wide shifts? We really looked like deer in the headlights.
    Exactly this. I said that all game. Where were our shifts? Didn't do what worked for us last year. Maybe the confidence in each other isn't there yet. Comes with playing with each other.

Spotting some players was like seeing Nessie or Big Foot today. I got caught off guard by how our organisers performed.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I saw a few shifts in the first half, but the Warriors sniffed them out nicely. They contained Kelly really well. Didn't really go back to that for the rest of the game.

We just didn’t have enough in that , got to say the defence of the warriors was too good disappointing but hey good to bring us down a notch the hype around us preseason has disturbed me .

The boys will learn from that I’m sure tough first game. I expect continual improvement for sure up the titans !

We didn’t shift the ball much, we looked hopeless in attack.. we didn’t use Fifita the right way and a few unlucky calls go against us.. we need some spark off the bench.. probably should of bought Clarke on earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Where’s Bodsie
    Checking his mail box

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gothabull View Post
    We just didn’t have enough in that , got to say the defence of the warriors was too good disappointing but hey good to bring us down a notch the hype around us preseason has disturbed me .
    Just once I'd like the hype to be real.

Lisone looks unfit and Erin Clarke actually brings nothing to the team. Wouldn't mind seeing Ese'ese in for Lisone and even Tanah Boyd in for Clarke, but do we not have any other hooker prospects they're so integral to the game and feel like we are running with a B grade starting hooker and D grade backups

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Lisone looks unfit and Erin Clarke actually brings nothing to the team. Wouldn't mind seeing Ese'ese in for Lisone and even Tanah Boyd in for Clarke, but do we not have any other hooker prospects they're so integral to the game and feel like we are running with a B grade starting hooker and D grade backups
    Lisone looked a thousand times better than the trial. Clark had some dog in him. More than I can say for the other pedestrians

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Just once I'd like the hype to be real.
    Yea it's pretty unfair that we never get to surf a hype wave. But let's see what happens in the near future. One game at a time.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER