Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Gee I’ll take that … great win and would have won a lot of fans including me :-)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

What a great game, well done to the girls. Awesome win!!

Great win by the titans improving with every game and as HS mentioned how good is destiny brill lock her up on a long term contract as she is a player you build a team around

That was awesome. I was so nervous watching. Well done to the team and the whole club for getting right behind them.

Gold Coast Titans v Brisbane Broncos | Match Highlights | Round 4, 2021 | NRLW

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Huge. Proud win against the fancied Broncos. Keeping that rivalry burning in new theatres of war. Well done ladies.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I was awesome to witness in person that win. You could tell how much they wanted to win this game. All the player that weren't playing were on the edge of their seats and rode every tackle with the team in the last 3 minutes.... Great to watch.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Huge game this week. Win and we make the finals.

Such a great game to win, can see this group are so passionate.

I hope I'm not the only sexist bigot who is totally amazed at the skillsets of our team? Looking forward to watching them go round again. They appear to be well disciplined and well coached, a credit to the club.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I hope I'm not the only sexist bigot who is totally amazed at the skillsets of our team? Looking forward to watching them go round again. They appear to be well disciplined and well coached, a credit to the club.
    Some years ago I couldn’t imagine watching a women’s game. Then I watched an Origin match at Cbus before the mens game. Have been a fan ever since. The skills are excellent. Of course not as good as the men but the girls don’t have 100 years of history behind them. The games (all teams) are very entertaining.

It certainly is so refreshing and energising to see us in the competition and to se it grow. I never imagined that the womens game could come along so fast and in ways I couldn't imagine. Now I can't imagine just having a mens team.

With the Titans NRLW and Titans Netball team (First game April 25), we will have more women playing in Titans colours than men.

It's great to see everyone's honest reactions. From people like us and to many of the ladies in our lives. It's fantastic that everyone can aspire to representing our club. And it is also great that the product, well and truly is great. We don't have to pretend. It is enthralling by nature.

Power with the passion: Meaning behind Shaniah's superb four-pointer
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...-four-pointer/

Fans will not see a better try this NRLW season.

It can easily be said Shaniah Power's heroic four-pointer in Saturday's historic win over the Brisbane Broncos arguably tops any of the other try of the year contenders thus far.

The dynamic utility beat five defenders and the goal post pad from 15 metres out to turn water into wine and score her first 'meat pie' in Titans colours.

"Our play had just broken down and I was trying to make something out of nothing because you never really expect it," Power said.

"You just lay the foundation for another setup play, but no, I ended up scooting through and getting over the line which was absolute incredible.

"I couldn't believe it."

After crossing the chalk, the 25-year-old's post-try celebration was one that has been replayed on several occasions... full of passion for her new club and the pride of now wearing the blue and gold. She also dedicated the four-pointer to her two biggest fans.

"It was for the badge. To be able to score my first try for the Titans and more for my team really... I love my team," Power said.

"The writing on my wrist said rum and coke, which is a little nickname they used to call my mum and dad when they first got together. My mum's name is Rosemary, so they called her rum, and then when she met dad, somebody said rum and coke.

"So instead of writing mum and dad, I wanted to be a little bit theatrical and put that on my wrist and that try is definitely for them."

Whilst Power's parents weren't in the stands at Cbus Super Stadium last weekend - still living in Bowen - the jubilant cheers after she crossed would've been heard as far south as the Gold Coast.

"They weren't there, but they definitely watched from home. I don't really push them to come along because it's such a big drive and they can watch me better on the television anyway," Power said.

"That's why I wear my hair in a big fluffy mess because my mum's like... 'I can't see you when you've got your head tied up'. That's why I leave it nice and big so she can find me."

"But it was so good to see how many people turned up to support our game.

"In comparison to the last few NRLW matches that we've played, just the sea of blue and yellow right around the stadium was really special."

Already winning bragging rights over fellow Queensland rivals Brisbane at the weekend, this Sunday's will also have a touch of Maroon feeling to it with five of Power's North Queensland Gold Stars teammates named in the extended Newcastle squad.

It's a must-win clash for the Titans if they want to ensure they'll play in next week's semi--finals and the Bowen product believes the Knights won't back down without a fight as they chase their first win of the season.

"When you haven't won a game, you've got nothing to lose anymore, so I think they're going to leave absolutely nothing in the tank," Power said.

"This weekend. we can't go in too complacent and we need to be switched on.

"Hopefully we can can get at those key people (such as Romy Teitzel and Tahlulah Tillett) just to make sure we get over the line and get that win because our game is at stake at the moment as well."

NRLW Titans v Broncos: Through the eyes of Jamie Feeney
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...-jamie-feeney/
    The life of a Head Coach isn't easy... Watch our win against the Broncos through the eyes of NRLW Head Coach, Jamie Feeney.

League Unlimited: Titans v Knights NRLW preview
    https://leagueunlimited.com/news/370...ights-preview/