Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

'Wally's the king and Murph's the queen': Hancock's admiration for new Titan
    http://www.titans.com.au

When you ask Steph Hancock about Karyn Murphy, there's nothing but excitement and admiration for the G.O.A.T of women's rugby league.

Former teammates with Souths Logan, Queensland and Australia, the pair have shared plenty of great moments on and off the field and it's no surprise the classic Murphy to Hancock combination was a winner, no matter the colours the duo were wearing.

Fast-forward to 2022, the veteran rugby league prop has just signed on the dotted line in her 20th year - and arguably her best to date - and nothing can hide her anticipation to link up with her old mate again to help deliver premiership success to the Gold Coast Titans.

"I am honestly so excited. Having Karyn Murphy and Matty Geyer as our coaching staff... considering I got to play my entire career just about with Karyn Murphy, it's a little bit exciting that I now get to get coached by her," Hancock said.

"If she's anything like the way she was as a player, I think the Titans have the brightest future. I always say she's the queen of women's football.

"You've got your King Wally and we have our Queen Karyn."

Dominating as one of the greatest halfbacks in her era, Hancock believes it's the former champion playmaker's footy instinct and prowess that has made her a winner in her illustrious rugby league career.

"I just think her footy brain is the ultimate. I haven't come across anyone that even really honestly comes close to Murph," Hancock said.

"I could speak about her all day, I have that much respect for her. She's one of my idols and to be able to play and now get coached by her is going to be amazing."

Publicly declaring she was going to play on earlier this year at the 2021 NRLW Awards Night - with a little help from legendary Queenslander Gorden Tallis - the decision to go around again was made easier by the immense support shown for the growing women's game on the Coast by the proud and passionate Titans hierarchy.

"Gordy was sort of egging me on a bit there and talking absolute you know what (to encourage me to keep playing), but I'm honoured to represent the Titans again," Hancock said.

"The owners - Darryl and Joanne Kelly and Rebecca and Brett Frizelle - that came to every game, our footy manager, Dennis (Watt), Steve Mitchell - one of the nicest blokes I know... to come back and be able to put a Titans jumper on again, it's going to be amazing."

The rugby league legend also is inspired to return and help guide the next generation of players that ooze talent and energy.

"Most of these kids are under 20 years of age, so to get to train all week with them, I get to feel young again," Hancock said.

"I'm just so excited to see what they're going to bring to the competition in the next couple of years, so I honestly think the Titans will be in the finals, for sure."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Brittany Breayley-Nati re-signs for '23.

Anyone else a bit nervous about the Cowboys poaching Destiny Brill if they get a team? She seems to be enjoying her time up there playing for them in the Gold Stars comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Brittany Breayley-Nati re-signs for '23.

Anyone else a bit nervous about the Cowboys poaching Destiny Brill if they get a team? She seems to be enjoying her time up there playing for them in the Gold Stars comp.
    Titans should be signing her as their last marquee spot, long term also she will be the best player in the NRLW for the next few years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Titans should be signing her as their last marquee spot, long term also she will be the best player in the NRLW for the next few years

That’s brill

Titans NRLW Signings Tracker: Attacking trio added to backline
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...nings-tracker/

Welcome to the Gold Coast Titans' Signings Tracker for the upcoming 2022 season.

Three fresh faces will join the Titans 2022 NRLW campaign with Madison Bartlett, Hagiga Mosby and Emily Curtain all to call the Coast home.

Bartlett is a try-scoring weapon, having topped the list for four-pointers last season.

With a Titans spine featuring 2021 leading point scorer Lauren Brown and former Dally M winner Brittany Breayley-Nati, Bartlett can expect to be on the end of some great delivery.

The finisher joins the Titans from the St George Illawarra Dragons, having previously played two seasons with the New Zealand Warriors.

Mosby made her NRLW debut for the Broncos last season and is another strike weapon.

A former Australian Rugby Sevens and Queensland Junior Touch Football representative, Mosby is a talented and exciting outside back who scored a try per game in her debut season.

Curtain joins from the Parramatta Eels, with the junior representative star looking to establish herself in the NRLW competition.

In her debut season, the talented half played three games at five-eighth and showed why she’s impressed many through her time with junior NSW squads.

Expect all three fresh faces to have a huge impact for the Titans when the Gold Coast side takes the field for the 2022 season.

Earlier signings news
    Gold Coast Titans inaugural skipper Brittany Breayley-Nati has re-committed to the club, signing on for the upcoming 2022 season.

Announced as the NRLW’s captain of the year in the Coast’s inaugural season, the former Queensland and Jillaroos rake was one of the club’s best, leading from the front in every game of the season.

The 2018 Dally M female player of the year finished with two tries and three try assists and was one of the top defenders in the competition, averaging 32 tackles a game.

Reflecting back on her first season in Titans colours, her favourite moment was beating the Brisbane Broncos – her old club – in the first ever home game at Cbus Super Stadium.

"Being on home soil as the first ever Titans team in our first ever home game against the Broncos in the Queensland derby and to come away with the win... nothing was better than that," Breayley-Nati said.

"It was only by two points, but a win's a win, right?

"It was obviously amazing, and it was good to actually have my kids in the crowd and they were able to witness history."

Breayley-Nati joins Lauren Brown, Steph Hancock and Jessika Elliston who have all been confirmed in the 2022 squad, with further signings to be announced in the coming days.

Premiership-winning playmaker and Queensland Maroons representative Lauren Brown is heading down the M1, joining the Gold Coast Titans for the upcoming NRLW season.

Formerly a Brisbane Bronco, the versatile utility - who can play in the centres, halves and at hooker - was born and bred on the Gold Coast, making her first grade women’s rugby league debut in 2020 after starring for the Burleigh Bears in the QRL women’s competition, as well as a maiden Origin appearance in the same year.

A talented multi-code athlete, Brown has also played for the Brisbane Roar and Newcastle Jets in the W-League, and for Australia in the World Rugby Sevens series.

The 27-year-old will be one of the Titans’ two marquee signings, excited to wear her hometown’s colours for the upcoming NRLW season.

Titans' player of the 2021 season Jessika Elliston and women's rugby league legend Steph Hancock have both re-committed to the Gold Coast for the upcoming campaign.

Making the switch from the edge to being a key impact middle forward, 24-year-old Elliston is excited to continue her barnstorming form into the club's second season in the expanded competition, especially under the guise of new head coach Karyn Murphy and assistant Matt Geyer.

Hancock - who was voted the Legion's most valuable player last season - came out of retirement to play in arguably her best NRLW season to date, she had no qualms in coming back and wants to get to the big dance after coming so close to grand final glory in the Coast's inaugural season earlier this year.

"I just had a little D&M with Gorden Tallis and in our heart-to-heart he asked... 'Listen, is it still burning in your belly?" Hancock shared at the recent Titans NRLW Awards Night.

"I said 'Gordy, I gave it away and never lost the feeling.'

"I've got unfinished business here. In year one, I thought we'd go all the way, but if the Titans will have me back, I'm back."

Stay tuned for more upcoming Titans NRLW signings to be announced soon.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Fairly sure Destiny Brill is signing with the incoming Cowboys side judging by her social media. Four new teams apparently coming in 2023 so I'm expecting us to lose a few more yet.

Time to bring up more of the young girls who the Titans have nurtured through the grades in the development system.

Geez thats a massive get for the cowgirls, I presume she would be one of the marquee players for them, hopefully she decides to play this year with the titans before she moves on

- - - Updated - - -

good to see Evania Pelite back for this year, a real x factor player

Yep really happy to see Pelite resign. We look so much better in attack when she plays.
    Do hope that Destiny stays, at least for this season.
    The contract system for the NRLW seems to be pretty fluid, no players seem to be able to sign for more than the upcoming season. Sure makes a mockery of the men saying they need a years + notice to move clubs.

Karina Brown is staying with the Titans.

Titans NRLW Signings Tracker: Goose steps into another season on the Coast

Author
    Titans.com.au
    Timestamp
    Wed 15 Jun 2022, 07:00 AM
    Share on social media
    Share via Facebook
    Share via Twitter
    Share via Whats-app
    Share via Reddit
    Share via Email
    Welcome to the Gold Coast Titans' Signings Tracker for the upcoming 2022 season.

Foundation Titans NRLW player Karina Brown is back.

The 33-year-old known as “Goose” will bring her vast experience to the exciting young Titans squad that will be looking to push beyond the semi-final appearance achieved in their maiden season.

Brown played every game for the Titans earlier this season, with the winger among the club’s foundation marquee players.

Part of World Cup winning Jillaroos squads in 2013 and 2017, Brown is also a proud Queenslander and has again been picked in the Maroons extended squad this year.

Off-field, she has also had a considerable impact, helping to establish the Burleigh Bears and Easts Tigers women’s teams as well as winning the NRL’s Veronica White Medal which recognises the contributions made by players to their local communities.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Great to see these players stay with the club.

Titans NRLW Signings Tracker: Awesome foursome added to Titans NRLW squad

Author
    Titans.com.au
    Timestamp
    Thu 16 Jun 2022, 03:24 PM
    Share on social media
    Share via Facebook
    Share via Twitter
    Share via Whats-app
    Share via Reddit
    Share via Email

The Gold Coast Titans forward stocks have been bolstered, with four Titans foundation players committing for the upcoming NRLW season.

April Ngatupuna, Shannon Mato, Georgia Hale and Zara Canfield are all locked in and add plenty of power and punch to the Titans exciting young squad.

Ngatupuna made her NRLW debut last season and in a breakout year picked up the Coaches Award at the end of last season.

The teenager made the most of her opportunities after getting an opportunity through injury and then established her self in the top squad for the majority of last season.

Mato will have plenty of motivation after injury cruelled her run earlier in the year.

The 23-year-old has again been named in the Queensland Maroons squad and her go-forward will be a huge boost for the Titans side.

Hale showed her versatility last season, playing across a number of positions.

The New Zealand international is one of the most experienced players in the Titans side and at just 26-years of age, brings plenty of energy to the side.

Canfield is another who made her NRLW debut last season and will be looking to grow her game even further in her second season of top-grade football.

The 21-year-old is one of the large group of exciting young Gold Coast products that will line up for the Titans side this season.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...nings-tracker/

Jasmine Peters, Hailee-Jay Maunsell, Jetaya Faifua and Kimi Breayley-Nati all re-signed.

Jasmine Peters in particular is a good get considering she's a NQ girl that the Cowboys would have been going hard for.

Still no Destiny Brill announcement. Think it's highly unlikely she's back with us.

Yep HS agree everyday that goes by and Brill hasn't been announced it makes me think she isn't going to be back in titans colours

Just a question but are the punters and the squad good with the change of coach?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Just a question but are the punters and the squad good with the change of coach?
    I think so, the role has turned into a fulltime position in which feens couldn't commit to, Karyn Murphy who takes the role over is very well credentialed and is the pin up for ladies rugby league and also matt geyer once again is very well respected in rugby league circles this is my view not sure how the players are feeling though seems the majority of the squad has resigned so that points in the right direction

Thanks ‘Gull pleased to see something happening in a logical way.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Thanks ‘Gull pleased to see something happening in a logical way.
    https://twitter.com/dungeylee/status...D9My1BmTMrAFdg

Here is the article and you can see his response mate on Twitter.