Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Leftist idiocy comes to Rugby League...
    https://www.binary.org.au/nrl_faces_...death_decision

Having just been converted into appreciating the skills of the women who play in the womens competition, I could just as easily be turned off the competition if it became a nurturing place for 'unequal' opportunity. If it's such a hot topic for the pc brigade then lets have a transgender competition.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

MONEY NOT A DIRTY WORD FOR STEPH
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

STEPH Hancock isn’t dirty the women’s game is finally starting to get the recognition it deserves.

She’s proud to have done her part in paving the way for the next generation of young women to move closer to turning league into a career.

“I honestly count my lucky stars,” she said.

“To be able to experience the early days through to playing and being a part of what’s happening now is amazing.

“I get asked if I’m dirty because everyone is starting to get more money and there’s more teams coming in. I don’t get dirty at all..

“I’m honoured that I got to play with older players that helped build the path to where we are now.

“I love that this is all happening. I hope in the future rugby league is the most played sport by females in Australia.”

The recent announcement of increased pay for female players is a step in the right direction, says Hancock, who knows full well the toll combining full-time work as a police officer and football can take.

“That’s the ultimate goal (getting paid as professionals),” she said.

“Currently I’m doing full-time shift work. I go to training Monday, Tuesday and Thursday then we’ve been travelling to Sydney (for games).

“With the price of fuel it costs you a fortune to drive up and down the highway. I‘m out of bed at 4am, drive down the M1 to start work at 5.45am, finish at 2pm and get straight into training. I’m usually home at 9.30pm and try to get into bed by midnight.

“I’m grateful to get four hours of sleep.

“(Professional pay) would make a huge difference. The standard of football with players not having to work for eight hours before training, imagine what it could be like.”
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior

Congratulations to April Ngatupuna, Chantay Kiria-Ratu, Jetaya Faifua, Lavinia Kitai and Sunny Gerrard on their selection in the initial QLD Rubys U19 side.

Read more: https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...der-19-squads/

The Breayley-Nati bunch
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...ey-nati-bunch/
    Gold Coast Titans Brittany and Kimiora Breayley-Nati talk through their journey together and what it's like playing with their partner on the field
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I know I will attract negative comments for this: although I wish the couple no harm and nothing but the best, I wish Women’s sport didn’t highlight same sex relationships to the extent they do. I don’t think it sends a message of inclusivity but rather one of specificity.

I reckon if half the mens team did an interview with Fermor they’d admit their love for him too.

Married couple on the same team is news worthy. Gay, not gay, whatever they want to be. Each to their own. Keep talking about it until it becomes thee norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I know I will attract negative comments for this: although I wish the couple no harm and nothing but the best, I wish Women’s sport didn’t highlight same sex relationships to the extent they do. I don’t think it sends a message of inclusivity but rather one of specificity.
    It's the way of the world these days. Up until I saw the post I was thinking that these sisters don't look much alike.

I think it's awesome that there's a married couple in a team. I think that the fact that it's a good story for LGBT representation in rugby league is an aside to the story of how the game helps bring people together, as well as just being an interesting first in the game.

Pelite in. Hale into halves for Griffin (thankfully..they would’ve run at Griffin all day)

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Pelite in. Hale into halves for Griffin (thankfully..they would’ve run at Griffin all day)
    Very strong side now, Griffin would of been targeted all game as she has been found out all season in defence

So happy to see Pelite in, we are so much better with her there.

Defence has held up but some silly mistakes putting titans under pressure

And the men think they're hard done by by the ref. This is criminal. No calls going remotely our way

Badger really giving us nothing … defense pretty resolute. 1-9 penalties shows commitment to favor a team … Badgers try.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-04-22 at 01:08 PM.