Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Biased commentary pisses me off even in a trial match. Amateur effort from the microphone jockeys.
    Sam Lisone is hardly a Jai Whitbread lookalike and Beau Fermor does not have a kicking game like Toby Sexton. Absolute muppets.

Inactive User

Any injuries??

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Can't or can? I wasn't all that impressed with Herbert to be honest and Fogarty was still kicking goals so not sure what the go is there. Speaking to the plethora of kiwis I work with they say he has issues with ball control (catching passes). Not a great trait to have when you're an outside back.
    Can***

Nice pick up JB, I wasn't too impressed with Herbert either

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Any injuries??
    Few good hits on C Thompson and Fogarty but no one came off injured but they'll have sore ribs. I think the warriors lost Wade Egan early on to an arm injury.

Inactive User

No injuries in trials equals a great day regardless of the result or how we played

Donkeys getting flogged again lol

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Donkeys getting flogged again lol
    Their FB page was so proud at half time too hahahaha

Happy to seemingly come through with no injuries. I saw a bit to be excited about.

One thing about livestreams, it's easier to set up the technology and hardware, so much more difficult to get the talent and ability on air. I guess that is one reason the QRL actually have that new program to foster future commentators.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Taylor was rocks and diamond again. Did a great 40/20 then a few plays later can’t even kick a penalty into touch. Surely that has to be the most basic of things you have to do. With us looking at Hughes and now Reynolds maybe Holbrook is thinking he is just not up to it. He makes far too many basic mistakes, drop balls, passes to know one and kicks that go no where for my liking. I can’t see us winning a premiership with him.
    Psmitty

We looked pretty disjointed for the most part I thought. Ash had a shocker besides the 40/20. As much as I love him, Fogarty was ok but struggles to create any space or opportunity for his outside edge (this is an ongoing concern of mine but we’ll see).

Defensively we were ok and didn’t get too bullied by the Warriors impressive pack.

Tino great. Fifita good.

Trials are there to work on the basics from training and get some match intensity under the belt. I anticipate in 2 weeks we will play with some actual game plan and strategy. Bring it on.

Edit - grammar disaster
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 28-02-21 at 11:05 AM.

We started well, I loved that we're not afraid to spread the ball wide on the 2nd or 3rd tackle. Kelly looked great starting with that offload for AJ's linebreak in the first set of the game, and another linebreak assist to Thompson not long after. Having him on one edge and Fifita on the other makes us lethal all over the field

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Taylor was rocks and diamond again. Did a great 40/20 then a few plays later can’t even kick a penalty into touch. Surely that has to be the most basic of things you have to do. With us looking at Hughes and now Reynolds maybe Holbrook is thinking he is just not up to it. He makes far too many basic mistakes, drop balls, passes to know one and kicks that go no where for my liking. I can’t see us winning a premiership with him.
    He was a defensive liability again too. KP (who drifted out of position at times) going to have his hands full with Ash rushing out of the line. He needs to get used to the contact again. First touch he needs to take the hit and then get on with the rest of his game.

Not finding touch by Taylor annoyed me, but otherwise I thought he was solid. It is a trial game and their first hit out together. I am going to suspend judgement on players for now. I thought our reserve squad did really well in the fourth quarter. Thomson needs to be in the starting team based on his effort yesterday.

1. What I learned yesterday was that there is little between Don, Thompson and Sami on yesterday’s form.
    2. I thought Clark looked a lot more composed and will keep Rein honest.
    3. Herbert showed enough I thought and will partner Kelly (not sure why we still talk about center pairings when they only see each other at training).
    4. Peachey will struggle to get a start in the 17 as he seems to be a different player off the bench, perhaps trying to be too creative.
    5. Wallace was great until gassed and Tino is our 13 bar none but should be rotated out not shuffled forward.
    6. Thought Fifita was fine and will improve but really can’t see Proctor keeping up with the pace of the game. With Fifita playing big minutes the others got limited opportunities.
    7. Fogarty and Taylor are what they are but they’re our best by miles. I liked Sexton over Boyd but neither make my 17.
    8. Without Ese strutting his stuff he too doesn’t make it nor does McIntyre.
    9. Sort of liked Marzhew and Spry but the commentary was so erratic that I reserve an opinion.
    10. AJ and MoFo both got through ... enough said.

*I have a long shot and that is starting Thompson in 14 with two mobile forwards and an impact big body.
    Last edited by Titanic; 28-02-21 at 03:11 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Highlights

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER