Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Can someone post the latest daily telegraph article, hope it's a joke saying Fifita, Tino, Proctor injury blow.
    It’s a beat up. Will post when I’m on computer. Nobody stress

Good article actually

Gold Coast Titans David Fifita, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, Kevin Proctor injured
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

The Titans’ impressive pre-season has hit a hurdle with three star players picking up injuries a month out from the NRL season.

The Gold Coast Titans have copped a triple injury blow, with star recruits David Fifita and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui carrying niggles and captain Kevin Proctor racing the clock for Round 1.

Fifita suffered what appeared to be a thumb injury during a contract training session on Tuesday and later complained of soreness and movement issues.

While the injury appeared to be minor, and Fifita rejoined the session after having his right hand strapped, he is likely to be sent for scans to ensure there is no significant damage.

Fa’asuamaleaui could not complete parts of Tuesday’s intense two-hour session after picking up a knee injury last Friday.

The Queensland Origin star had his knee strapped to protect a minor posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) injury and sat out contact drills.

Fa’asuamaleaui was moving freely in fitness testing and looked to be in good shape ahead of his first season at the Titans after leaving Melbourne following a breakout 2020.

Proctor, 31, has been sidelined for the past fortnight with a hamstring strain and has been restricted to the gym.

Titans coach Justin Holbrook said he wasn’t concerned by Fifita and Fa’asuamaleaui’s problems and Proctor was aiming to play in the Gold Coast’s final pre-season trial against New Zealand on February 27.

“It’s only mild, he did it about two weeks ago,” he said.

“He is a good chance of playing in the Warriors trial. He will take it easy the next couple of weeks.

“Tino is fine. He did it last Friday and it hasn’t kept him out, except the contact. We’re taking it easy with him this week and he should be right next week.

“I haven’t seen (Fifita since training finished). I saw him pull out for one set then jump back in so it can’t be much.”

Fifita, 20, has looked in sensational touch at training since joining the Titans from Brisbane over the off-season.

He is fit, moving well and talkative among the group, with Holbrook saying his star recruit had fit into the club well.

“He has worked hard, all the credit has to go to him,” he said.

“He came back (to training) early last year and has been pushing himself to get into a good spot.

“He has fit in terrific. He is a good guy, he honestly is a good person. He wants us to do well.”

While the injuries are only minor, they have presented a hurdle as Holbrook looks to cement his best 17 ahead of the Gold Coast’s Round 1 clash against the Warriors on March 13.

The bulk of the Titans’ starting 13 appears settled, with star fullback AJ Brimson to overcome a foot injury and Holbrook to start with Anthony Don and Phillip Sami on the wings.

Warriors recruit Patrick Herbert will partner Brian Kelly in the centres while Ash Taylor and Jamal Fogarty will be the first-choice halves pairing, with Mitch Rein at hooker.

Proctor’s injury has opened the door for rising young gun Beau Fermor to spend time in the back-row along with Fifita.

Fa’asuamaleaui had his eye on the No. 13 jersey, but his injury has allowed utility Tyrone Peachey to train in the spot and present Holbrook with multiple options.

Holbrook said he was yet to settle on his middle forwards rotation, with the likes of Jarrod Wallace, Moeaki Fotuaika, Jaimin Jolliffe, Sam Lisone, Herman Ese’ese and Jai Whitbread jostling for spots.

“We’re mostly settled,” he said.

“I’m a bit unsure on the middles rotation and the trials will play a big part in that, but the majority should be sorted.

“They are going well, they are pushing each other at training. I’ve been happy and we’re looking forward to the games starting.”

A select group of Titans players with play a trial game against the Burleigh Bears on February 19.

The Titans lost the corresponding trial last year against the Intrust Super Cup club, but Holbrook said they were in a much better position ahead of his second season in charge.

“We’re a long way ahead of that (time last year),” he said.

“We were unsettled in a number of positions and nowhere near as far with understanding what we want to do as we are this year.

“It doesn’t prove anything until we start playing but we definitely feel a lot better as coaches.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Ohhh thank God, when I couldn't access the article I was thinking the Titans curse has struck again. Thanks HD and DH.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Ohhh thank God, when I couldn't access the article I was thinking the Titans curse has struck again. Thanks HD and DH.
    No problem. I too came running here as soon as I spit-taked at reading the news.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Any other CM or Bulle subscribers having trouble accessing digital copies on phone?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Tino loving being back in 'rugby league city' Gold Coast.

After coming from the Premiership winning Melbourne Storm team to join the Gold Coast, it’s no surprise that Tino Fa’asuamaleaui is asked to compare the two Clubs and locations.

Speaking with the Sportsday team on SEN, he was quizzed on some of the big questions before getting in to discussing his focus for 2021 on-field.

Q: How’s the coffee going Tino, does Gold Coast compare with Melbourne?

I like my caramel latte’s. They’re not bad up here but honestly I do miss the Melbourne ones.

Q: Moving from an AFL town to an NRL town, have you noticed the difference?

Down in Melbourne I wouldn’t get recognised at all, but here people come up and want a photo or to say hello and they’re very respectful so I’m enjoying it.

Q: Have you adjusted to a new climate for pre-season?

It’s a bit more humid on the Gold Coast compared to Melbourne but Melbourne can still get hot. I’m now used to the weather, growing up in Queensland I’ve adapted pretty quick.

Turning to the on-field side of things, Tino was asked to compare the styles of coaches Craig Bellamy (Storm) and Justin Holbrook (Titans).

“Justin is probably not as intense as Craig,” Fa’asuamaleaui laughed.

“They are both similar in their own different ways if that makes sense.

“They both love their footy and they understand the game and I’ve been learning a lot from Justin.”

Now one of the brightest prospects in the NRL, Fa’asuamaleaui says footy wasn’t always his focus growing up.

“My parents let me play any sport growing up,” he said.

“I reckon I was around 10 or 11 when I started so I was a bit later to it than other kids.

“Watching football was always big in our house.

“Footy was massive on the weekends, but at the start it was more me playing any sport.

“I was a fast bowler at cricket at school, but I couldn’t bat.”

Thankfully for footy fans he dropped the red ball and found the Steeden.

After a breakout 2020 season that included an Origin series win with Queensland and a premiership ring, Fa’asuamaleaui has some clear personal goals for 2021 in the representative space.

“When I see videos of me in Origin of me in the Grand Final I still think is that real and I pinch myself a bit,” he said.

“Hopefully I get in the Queensland team again and cement myself in the number 13, but it’d be pretty amazing to get an Aussie jersey and that’s the dream.”

Before rep honours this season, the focus is on performing with the Titans and that will start with the Club’s trial match against the New Zealand Warriors at Lismore’s Oakes Oval on February 27.

“I can’t wait to stop running and start playing footy.

“I’ve been training at lock, at prop and they’re similar positions so I’ve been training in both and I’ve also done a little bit of second row, so I’m a bit of an all-rounder.

“I think we will be bringing our full strength team and we will hopefully get the win in the trial.

“It is a bit of a weird one (playing them in round one), so hopefully we can pick up their strategies but it’ll be interesting in round one.”

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...dio-interview/

Meninga tipping Lismore trial to be a 'great hit-out'
    https://www.titans.com.au/

If you ever needed a reason to book a ticket to the Titans trial match against the Warriors at Lismore's Oakes Oval on Saturday February 27th, maybe rugby league immortal Mal Meninga can help.

The Kangaroos Coach and Titans consultant will be in the Northern Rivers, not only watching the game but he'll also feature at a dinner at the Lismore Workers Club on Friday February 26th.

In terms of on-field action, Meninga says it will be a great chance to get a first glimpse of two sides that are expected to perform strongly in 2021.

"Both teams finished the year really really strongly, both teams have recruited really well," Meninga said, speaking to Joanne Shoebridge on ABC North Coast.

"Justin (Holbrook) is now in his second year of coaching with the Titans and doing a terrific job and Nathan Brown takes over the Warriors for the first time, so it's going to be really interesting.

"Both clubs are expected to go up the ladder and there is high expectations of playing finals footy this year, so I think this will be a great hit-out.

"All the big guns will be there and they will be fighting for a position in their teams."

After finishing 2020 with a Club record equalling five-straight wins, Meninga says there is plenty to like for Titans fans ahead of the 2021 season beginning.

"I'm really pleased with the depth of our roster, I'm really pleased with our recruitment and the players that have come to the club but I'm also really happy with how it is handled with our pathway programs," he said.

"We've got some really strong talent, some fantastic talent, within the Gold Coast, Northern Rivers, Tweed areas so we're starting to see some of our local young kids starting to push through as well.

"I think our better years (as a Club) are going to be in front of us to be honest with you, I think we will be successful this year but going in to 2022, 23, 24 I think we will hopefully be contesting grand finals.

"Since my time at the Titans, we've put a really strong emphasis on the Northern Rivers area because we know it is such a great strong rugby league fraternity and it is fantastic that we get down to Lismore at the back end of this month to play the trial against the Warriors.

"It's also about getting out into the community and the team will come in and do coaching clinics and I've got that night on the Friday night.

"I think it is very, very important that rugby league clubs make their presence felt in the regional and rural areas."

Meninga will features as part of Lismore City Council's "Night with Rugby League Legends" ahead of the NRL pre-season, with tickets selling fast for the event.

For more information or to purchase tickets to see the Titans play the Warriors at Oakes Oval, head to visitlismore.com.au.

Does anybody else find it unprofessional that on the new Titans profile page the highest profile local player and first on the list AJ Brimson is listed as “halfback”? And I’m assuming “Jojo” Fifita is actually Sosefo Fifita?
    https://www.titans.com.au/teams/
    Last edited by Titanic; 14-02-21 at 04:30 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

^^ Yes...and yes.
    Last edited by Menoitios; 15-02-21 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Does anybody else find it unprofessional that on the new Titans profile page the highest profile local player and first on the list AJ Brimson is listed as “halfback”? And I’m assuming “Jojo” Fifita is actually Sosefo Fifita?
    https://www.titans.com.au/teams/
    It's poor hey. The NRL acquires all that information when the player first signs on full-time and then plugs it into each team's website. And then it never changes. Seems amateur.

Sosefo is Jojo's birth name I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Some of us might need to throw on a jersey for Friday’s trial - they can’t field any players that played more than 12 NRL games (eg Tanah Boyd).

Expect there to be a fair few of the pre-season train & trialists.

First Grader

Is that definitely the case HS? The Titans website put up an article this morning talking about the game and said there will be a mix of youth and experience, and also talked about Pearson being keen for the trials. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were wrong though

Edit- Just saw the bulletin article about it. That’s disappointing cause I’ll be at the game, but hopefully means guys like Campbell and Sexton can shine
    Last edited by Titslover; 15-02-21 at 11:39 AM.

Was going...not now. Spent last week in Melbourne, went to the tennis. Filled out a declaration to Qld Gov’t telling them of my travels on the Friday arvo as they were locking the Vic/Qld border at Midnight. Received confirmation that I would be good to come home and GO HOME... got to GC airport and was told I am going to quarantine at a GC hotel for 14 days..... F$&k!!!

I am not joking... I am not a guest.. I am incarcerated with no rights (except for internet) for another 12 days.

So being self employed I lose 2 weeks pay plus I will be invoiced $3800 at the end of my stay.

I could go on about the rules here but don’t want to go off the thread.. Although I have.. So back to footy.

Anyway to watch the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    Anyway to watch the game?
    Surely it will be streamed

Inactive User

Sorry Shamus. That’s horrible.