Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I'd love to see spry and Kelly on that left edge they looked so good together
    I second this. Spry will only get better with confidence

First Grader

CM reporting Tallis was at Broncos training last week. Isn’t he supposed to be an Ambassador for the Titans

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    CM reporting Tallis was at Broncos training last week. Isn’t he supposed to be an Ambassador for the Titans
    Yes and he made some sort of promise to mentor Fifita

Can't wait for the broncs to fail again this year. After all the backstabbing, perfidiousness and character assassination that went on there last year...just to get sooky Walters a job that I predict he'll fail miserably at. I'm so happy to see the "old boys" over there have all come in to help pull a string for the puppet show that is the new coach. Now, with all their self perceived wisdom, based solidly in the past and centred on how great they were (frig rings around the 06 GF replays compulsory) instead of the future...they can all share fairly in the failure to come.

Seems to be getting worse over there. And I was disappointed with Walters attitude at that recent press conference. No Bennett impersonations thank you.

Hopefully Tallis is just paying a friendly visit.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bouncing back: Wallace ready to lead the charge again
    http://www.nrl.com

By any measure, 2020 was something of a down year for Titans former Maroons prop Jarrod Wallace but a strong finish could have paved the way for a bounce-back season.

Wallace played five straight Origins in 2017 and 2018 but, troubled by minor back and hamstring issues, was left out of the Titans side for three weeks early in the season.

On his return, he was forced to play small minutes from the bench until round 15 as the emerging Moeaki Fotuaika and Jaimin Jolliffe commanded starting spots.

But the bounce-back process started before the season finished, with Wallace putting in some strong contributions as the Titans won five straight with him in the run-on side to finish the year – including a season-best individual effort in the round 20 demolition of Newcastle.

It wasn't enough to save his Origin spot though, as the likes of Christian Welch, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, Lindsay Collins and Fotuaika helped engineer a shock series win.

How Wallace responds this year at club level with Fa'asuamaleaui just one of the high-calibre forwards recruited to the club alongside David Fifita and Herman Ese'ese could dictate where the 29-year-old's career heads once his current deal expires at the end of next year.

Wallace didn't break the 100-metre mark in a game in 2020 until round 15 – his 12th of the year, third as a starter and first since returning to the starting side after being benched in round three.

He then cracked 100m every game for the rest of the year, finishing with a whopping 195m against the Knights in round 20.

In seven straight games from round seven he was used for half an hour or less, running more than 70 metres just three times in his first 10 games of the year.

That mid-year slump on either side of the three-week layoff brought Wallace's season averages down to the point it was his least productive year for average meters since joining the club in 2017, with his average minutes dropping from around 50 over the previous two seasons to 37.

Not necessarily a renowned tackle buster, Wallace had averaged about 25 per year going back to 2015 when he first started commanding a regular spot in the Broncos 17. He managed just nine last year.

His defensive output didn't change much; while his tackles per game slipped based on reduced minutes his effectiveness was in line with previous years.

After being reintroduced to the starting team in the round 15 loss to Canberra, Wallace helped the club to five straight wins, averaging 140 metres per match.

Those last six games included three try assists and in the five wins he popped 12 offloads and looked rejuvenated.

The confidence those last five games will give both Wallace and the rest of the playing group could prove critical.

Surrounded by a potent pack with those three recruits alongside the rapidly-improving Fotuaika could breed further confidence and momentum.

It will be up to Wallace to capture that and continue what he started at the end of 2020 because if not, there are more than enough capable middles at the club now that no player can consider their spot guaranteed.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

A lot of hype around our signings this year...and rightly so, but I'd love to see Wallace, Proctor, Jolliffe, Lisone and co really rip in this year. We got to 9th with these blokes last year and I can't wait to see what the injection of the new guys does for their games. The enthusiasm must be really bubbling in the change rooms at the moment.

As much as I've enjoyed this off season...jeez it's dragging on now LOL! Kick off can't come soon enough. I hope we get through the trials and all stars injury free, in fact...if we can get through the whole year relatively unscathed injury wise (BIG ask, I know), we'll be a real force to be reckoned with come the finals!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Seems to be getting worse over there. And I was disappointed with Walters attitude at that recent press conference. No Bennett impersonations thank you.

Hopefully Tallis is just paying a friendly visit.
    Haas fined 50k and suspended for 3 games...https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pay...08-p570jr.html

Haas fined for the police abuse and nothing about abusing his missus ... disgraceful in my opinion.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Titans Kingscliff Camp.

The Gold Coast Titans headed to the coastal town of Kingscliff this week to embark on a 3-day pre-season camp. There was plenty of training, time in the gym but also some fun team bonding as the boys tested their volleyball and surfing skills.

See the video at https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...ngscliff-camp/

I've been enjoying seeing the training they have been doing at the beach and the surfing. That must be fun. And for players a real attraction to play for a Gold Coast team.

I really like it. Any word out of camp? Anyone 'training the house down'? or any hints at the 17? I also saw on 1 forum that someones Grandad got told by his friend that the Storm will be announcing Smith to Titans and Bromwich and Finucane co captains. I don't know about you but seems like a pretty solid source

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    I really like it. Any word out of camp? Anyone 'training the house down'? or any hints at the 17? I also saw on 1 forum that someones Grandad got told by his friend that the Storm will be announcing Smith to Titans and Bromwich and Finucane co captains. I don't know about you but seems like a pretty solid source

Which smith? I hope they are right either way.. but I think everyone is just guessing unless they have inside knowledge

Top props eyeing Lismore feast of footy.

When it comes to playing a tough game of league, Gold Coast Titans props Moeaki Fotuaika and Jai Whitbread are renowned for putting skin in the game.

Ahead of the historic National Rugby League trial match between the Gold Coast Titans and the New Zealand Warriors at Lismore’s Oakes Oval next month, the players said they were enjoying their pre-season training and looked to be selected for the important game on Saturday, February 27.

The last time the two teams clashed, in July 2020, the Titans took home the trophy and bragging rights with a 16–12 result.

This may ‘only’ be a trial, but there’s no doubt both teams are playing for keeps.

It is expected the teams will be named in the week leading up to the game.

Fotuaika, 21, speaks quietly and obviously prefers to let his playing do the talking.

The 107kg prop said he’s having a positive pre-season and looks forward to being part of the squad running out onto Oakes Oval.

Despite his birth in the Land of the Long White Cloud, the 2020 State of Origin prop has played for the Titans for three years and said he has immense respect for the Warriors.

“It would be good to go out and play against them and test myself against those quality players,” he said.

“This game will also be good for the local community to see their idols playing close to home.”

Fotuaika said he was stoked to doing a job he loves and wants to encourage youngsters to stay positive when they come up against barriers to achieving their goals.

“I was not the fastest or the strongest player,” he said.

“But I have a good hard work ethic and this is something I do to this day, I enjoy working hard, training and playing for the team.”

Titans teammate Whitbread, 23, said he had been enjoying the squad practice and wants to make selection to play on Oakes Oval.

“Our training is going really well and it’s extremely competitive with a few new big signings,” he said.

“We’re all working really hard ramping things up, our ball work is definitely a lot better.”

At 186cm and 107kg, Whitbread said he’s constantly pushing his fitness with ongoing running and passing training.

When asked what he would say to youngsters with stars in their eyes and dreams of playing at elite level, Whitbread said, "you have to be resilient."

“There were times when I was told I would never play,” he said.

“Persist, work hard and get what shines for you.”

Article was originally published in The Northern Star.Tickets via www.visitlismore.com.au

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...ey-to-success/

- - - Updated - - -

Thompson feeling the energy on the Coast ahead of 2021 season.

Journalist: How much are you thinking about life after footy?

Corey Thompson: Never, I still feel 22! That's not crossing my mind yet ... as long as Donny (Anthony Don) is here, he keeps me young but hopefully I can keep playing good footy and play for a lot longer.

Join Corey in the Legion and become 2021 Titans Member.

Don't take that answer to mean that Corey Thompson hasn't got a plan for when footy finishes. The 30-year-old has his sights set on becoming a firefighter when he hangs up the boots.

But Thompson has plenty he wants to achieve in the NRL before he even considers changing his answer to that question.

Joining the Titans from the Wests Tigers mid way through 2020, this is Thompson's first pre-season on the Gold Coast.

The outside back says he is ready for a big year, but there's no particular number he wants on his back - as long as it is in the gameday 17.

"I've done the whole pre-season at fullback just growing and getting better," he said.

"I've been playing fullback (in pre-season) just because AJ is injured and if I end up getting put there for whatever reason I'll be ready to go and I'll make sure this team has a successful run and if I'm wing I'll play the way I did on the wing last year and really have a good crack.

"I really enjoy playing alongside AJ and I think when we are both out there we can benefit from each other.

"I love playing wing too, so wherever I get put I'll be happy.

"I've done reps on both sides of the field for wing as well as fullback so it's been about keeping those combinations with whoever plays centre like BK (Brian Kelly) and whoever plays the other side.

"It doesn't bother me which side of the field I play.

"I know some people have a preferred side and they don't like switching, but I don't mind playing either side and fullback is just as fun.

"I think the team needs to be successful no matter who gets named in the team and everyone is training hard to make sure that happens.

"I go into every year the same, I don't think anything is given, and I work hard to earn that spot."

A popular member of the squad and a player who quickly became a Titans member favourite in 2020, Thompson says he can feel the energy around the Coast ahead of the kickoff to this season.

"When you go to the shops or you go to cafes and people are wearing their Titans gear and they're excited about the season and they say they're looking forward to the season with all the new boys here.

"How we ended last season, if we can continue that form, Cbus will be packed each week and that will be good for the town."

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...f-2021-season/

Can someone post the latest daily telegraph article, hope it's a joke saying Fifita, Tino, Proctor injury blow.