Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Pre-season: Titans and Bears trial to have capacity crowd
    www.Titans.com.au

The Gold Coast Titans trial against the Burleigh Bears at Pizzey Park has reached stadium capacity for this Friday night's pre-season match-up.

The Bears are a feeder club to the Titans and have had huge interest in the match announcing tickets are now at capacity.

For fans looking to see some live Titans action you can either head to Lismore to watch their second trial against the Warriors on February 27 at Oakes Oval or purchase a 2021 Membership to Titans matches at Cbus Super Stadium.

Speaking yesterday about the trial match, Titans young halfback Toby Sexton expressed his excitement about finally getting back on the field after nearly 12 months with no football action.

"I'm so excited to play," Sexton said.

"It's been nearly 12 months since my last proper game, so I'm itching to play a proper game of footy again.

"I'm excited to put everything I've learnt into practice and go out there and have a good one."

Sexton will start at five-eighth in the trial match, lining up alongside Tanah Boyd in the halves.

"Me and Tanah are playing so I think we will try and get 60 minutes (of game time) out," he said.

"Will Brimson is playing as well and will be coming off the bench.

"It will be good being able to play with Tanah ... I think we've built a pretty good combination in the pre-season so I'm looking forward to it.

"We've always had a good combination, even last year, but with an extra year we have been able to strengthen our combination and it's good to finally play a game with each other."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans name exciting young side for Burleigh clash
    https://www.titans.com.au/

Some of the Titans next generation will get a chance to shine against the Burleigh Bears, with an exciting young side picked for Friday's trial at Pizzey Park.

Jayden Campbell, son of Titans legend Preston, will start at fullback, with AJ Brimson (returning from injury) and Corey Thompson (Indigenous All Stars) to miss the match.

Tanah Boyd and Toby Sexton will get a chance to show off their skills in the halves, with the two young guns to lead the Titans side around the park against Burleigh.

Sam Stone and Beau Fermor make up the back row, with both having strong seasons in 2020, while Erin Clark will start at hooker.

Centre Greg Marzhew is another who will be looking to impress, joined by a number of other players who will be pushing for an NRL debut in 2021.

That includes train and triallists Cory Denniss, Will Brimson, Lloyd Perrett, Brent Woolf, Braden McGrady, Andre Niko and Joseph Collins (bench).
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcas...=1000509004861

Anyone that listens to podcasts here's a good interview with Fogarty by Jake Duke from channel nine, he has a good one with preston Campbell too

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Titans name exciting young side for Burleigh clash
    https://www.titans.com.au/

Some of the Titans next generation will get a chance to shine against the Burleigh Bears, with an exciting young side picked for Friday's trial at Pizzey Park.

Jayden Campbell, son of Titans legend Preston, will start at fullback, with AJ Brimson (returning from injury) and Corey Thompson (Indigenous All Stars) to miss the match.

Tanah Boyd and Toby Sexton will get a chance to show off their skills in the halves, with the two young guns to lead the Titans side around the park against Burleigh.

Sam Stone and Beau Fermor make up the back row, with both having strong seasons in 2020, while Erin Clark will start at hooker.

Centre Greg Marzhew is another who will be looking to impress, joined by a number of other players who will be pushing for an NRL debut in 2021.

That includes train and triallists Cory Denniss, Will Brimson, Lloyd Perrett, Brent Woolf, Braden McGrady, Andre Niko and Joseph Collins (bench).
    With Treymaine Spry, Jonus Pearson in this squad is it safe to say that Don, Sami and Thompson have the jump on them Round 1 Starting Team.

Same goes for Sam Stone, Beau Fermor....meaning Sam Mcntyre ahead in the pecking order?

Just my own conspiracy theories at play.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    With Treymaine Spry, Jonus Pearson in this squad is it safe to say that Don, Sami and Thompson have the jump on them Round 1 Starting Team.

Same goes for Sam Stone, Beau Fermor....meaning Sam Mcntyre ahead in the pecking order?

McIntyre is injured I believe. Back early in the season if not round 1 if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPremiership View Post
    McIntyre is injured I believe. Back early in the season if not round 1 if I recall correctly.
    stress fracture in his foot. NRL casualty ward has him good for trials

David Fifita (thumb, trials)
    Tino Fa'asuamaleaui (knee, trials)
    AJ Brimson (foot, trials)
    Jai Whitbread (ankle, trials)
    Ash Taylor (hip/wrist, trials)
    Sam McIntyre (foot, trials)
    Kevin Proctor (hamstring, round 1)

I just prey that all the players are all injury free from the Trails and the All Stars game.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

McIntyre also played to many nrl games last year and was not eligible to play.

Welcome to the Forum Coxy
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Burleigh Bears ready for trial against Titans.

The Burleigh Bears have named a strong side to take on Gold Coast Titans in their trial match at Pizzey Park this Friday night.

In the corresponding match last year, the Bears recorded a memorable win, and no doubt coach Rick Stone will again be looking for a dominant performance from his side.

The side will be led from the front by skipper Luke Page, while other experienced players who will have an impact will be hooker Pat Politoni and fullback Kurtis Rowe.

Some new faces at the club include five-eighth Guy Hamilton, who has moved to the Bears from Souths Logan Magpies. Hamilton found success last season with Runaway Bay Seagulls in the Gold Coast's QTOP A Grade grand final.

The main game will be played following a trial showcasing the new Harvey Norman Under 19 girls competition, with Burleigh Bears taking on West Brisbane Panthers at 5.30pm.

The Bears will take on the Titans at 7pm.

Burleigh Bears team

1. Kurtis Rowe
    2. Troy Leo
    3. Sami Sauiluma
    4. Josh Berkers
    5. Will Evans
    6. Josh Rogers
    7. Guy Hamilton
    8. Luke Page
    9. Pat Politoni
    10. Jack Stockwell
    11. Blake Leary
    12. Hayden Schwass
    13. Sam Coster
    14. Jordan Scott
    15. Ben Valeni
    16. John Palavi
    17. Lochlyn Sheldon
    18. Api Noema
    19. Reece Summer
    20. Taine Tuaupiki
    21. Allan Lockwood
    22. Regan Muir
    23. Shallin Fuller
    24. Connor Toia

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2021/02/...gainst-titans/

Default Marquee pressure nothing new for injury-free Fifita

Gold Coast star signing David Fifita insists he is injury-free and ready to cope with whatever pressures comes his way as the Titans' marquee man for 2021.

While Fifita likes to deflect the marquee tag onto fellow young gun Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, he knows there is a certain level of expectation that comes with being a club's rich new recruit. But that pressure is no different to growing up being dubbed the next big thing.

"I just want to play footy, that is what I love," Fifita said.

"I know how to play footy, I just need to showcase that and do my job.

"I wouldn't say there's pressure, pressure has been on me since I was a young kid. I will just keep doing what I've been doing and make the family happy."

Fifita is on the comeback trail after knee and ankle injuries prematurely ended his 2020 season and he missed Queensland's triumphant Origin series campaign.

While Titans medical staff have cautiously mapped his return on the training paddock, his playing comeback will take place in Townsville on Saturday night when he starts for the Indigenous All Stars against the Maori All Stars at Queensland Country Bank Stadium.

The last time Fifita was at Queensland Country Bank Stadium was for the gala opening game where he electrified the crowd with a stunning solo try in the Broncos' win over the Cowboys that sparked a bidding frenzy before he signed to join the Titans.

Confident his body is now injury-free after a wretched end to 2020, Fifita is excited to get back on the field with the Indigenous team and begin to build club combinations with Jamal Fogarty and Brian Kelly who are both in camp with the team.

"Our high performance staff down there have been really good with me," Fifita said.

"Especially the physios because when I first started I was in rehab with my ankle and knee, so now that I'm playing I can't wait to see how my lungs are come Saturday.

"I'm just happy I get to play Saturday injury-free.

"I just need to go out there and play my game how I know I play my game and just keep training hard as I've been doing at the club.

"It's our first game so the nerves are still there. Jamal is a good leader and a good talker for us forwards on the GC and here as well he is really talking well to all the boys.

"I'm looking forward to building that combination with Jamal and Brian Kelly on the right edge there."

Witness the best of the best from both sides of the Tasman. As athletes and as people from the First Nations.

Hear us. See us.

Be there as cultures collide.

Tickets are available at NRL Tickets

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2021/02/...y-free-fifita/

Key Matchup: Page and Whitbread to set the tone for trial.

Both teams possess classy outside backs, but it could likely be the men in the middle who could have the biggest say in Friday night's pre-season trial between the Burleigh Bears and Gold Coast Titans.

Leading the Burleigh side will once again be the veteran, Luke Page.

The 'mohawk-ed' prop brings the energy to the Burleigh side and when he goes forward the Bears are hard to stop.

With a chance to face an NRL side, the Intrust Super Cup firebrand will be 'coming off the back fence' Friday and most likely have one man in his sights - Jai Whitbread.

Whitbread will be one of the forward leaders for a young Titans pack and looking to make is own claims for a place in the Titans Round 1 team to face the Warriors.

Whitbread has amassed 23 NRL games for the Titans so far in his young career and with a few new faces joining the Titans forward stocks in 2021, the first trial presents a good opportunity to lay his claims for a jersey come March 13.

Known for his strong defence, Whitbread will look to set the tone of the Titans defensive line and no doubt look to target the Burleigh leader to make his own mark on the game.

Burleigh Assistant Coach, Luke Burt said the battle in the middle will be one of the most interesting on the night.

"Luke Page sets the tone and energy levels for the Bears. Burt said.

"When he crosses the white line he becomes a different man and the rest of his teammates feed off that energy.

"Whitbread wont go missing either and I am looking forward to when these two come together for the first time Friday - it is going to be a great game."

If one of these men can get the wood over the other, it just may open up the space for the smaller, faster players to take advantage.

It isn't just the props where the ley matchups end though, across the park both sides line up with interesting battles.

Hookers, Erin Clark and Pat Politini plus Tanah Boyd and Guy Hamilton in the halves will all be keen to make the most of their opportunities.

With Clark and Boyd aligned to Burleigh they could even end up team mates at stages throughout the year, which is no doubt going to add some spice to the battle.

While one of the players many fans have bought their ticket to watch is Jayden Campbell.

The son of Titans Club legend, Preston, Jayden is ready to make his own mark on Rugby League and, after an impressive pre-season, the elusive fullback will be jumping out of his skin to pull on the Titans jersey and show his wares.

Campbell wont be the only fullback looking to put on a show though, with Bears custodian Curtis Rowe having plenty of speed to burn of his own.

With matchups all over the park on Friday it is sure to make an interesting night for fans in attendance.

One thing is for sure, you will want to be in your seat when the whistle blows and and Whitbread and Page come together for the first time.

**Please note Pizzey Park has now reached ground capacity for the match.**

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...one-for-trial/

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post

This game is only for players who played less then 12 games last year so Sami Don and Thompson are unavailable for selection and so is McIntyre due to injury

Junior

My understanding was that players who played more than 12 NRL games are only able to play one trial, and most of the squad were being saved for the warriors. However if aome of these youngsters excel than they can play again.
    That was my interpretation anyway.

Doesn't look like this game will be streamed which is disappointing