Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2021 NRL Draw

NRL 2021 NRL Draw

Details to be posted as they come to hand
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Fifita won’t have to wait long for grudge match
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au

Gold Coast recruit David Fifita dips his toes into the warm waters of Surfers Paradise yesterday after joining the Titans from the Broncos

Gold Coast paraded star recruit David Fifita on the golden sands of the Glitter Strip yesterday and he may quickly get the chance to stomp over his former club as the NRL prepares to unleash the Titans on Brisbane in Round 2 of next year’s premiership.

The NRL has formulated a draft draw for the 2021 season, the premiership kicking off with a grudge match between Melbourne and South Sydney that will pit super coaches Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett against each other for one of the final times in their respective careers.

Kevin Walters’ first assignment as Brisbane coach is likely to be Parramatta – the NRL is yet to receive feedback from the broadcasters so the draw could be subject to change – before the Broncos face a grudge match against the Titans.

That game will be dripping with enmity given Fifita’s decision to reject a contract extension from the Broncos and the wellpublicised stoush between Payne Haas and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui in this year’s State of Origin series.

By then, the Broncos are expected to have undergone more change. Jack Bird has already joined St George Illawarra and forward Joe Ofahengaue has been doing the rounds again this week, having spoken to Wests Tigers officials.

It is understood the Tigers were impressed with Ofahengaue and he could yet become the latest part of their recruitment drive. Ofahengaue has also appeared again on the radar of St George Illawarra, having been initially linked with the Dragons when Anthony Griffin arrived at the club.

Their interest waned when they were unable to strike a deal with the Broncos over sharing some of the salary and while it is understood there were discussions again this week, sources at the Dragons suggest a deal is a long way off and there is every chance it may not happen.

Fifita remains the Broncos’ biggest loss, the backrower regarded as a superstar despite his tender years. He admitted it was difficult to leave Brisbane but at the same time, was excited about the chance to return to the Gold Coast – he went to school in the area.

“I have good mates there (at the Broncos) for life,” Fifita said.

“It was really hard my decision but I have good mates down here too. I love the Coast, I love the beach. I had an opportunity to go to Sydney but I didn’t want to go to Sydney.

“So I think this is only an hour away from my home in Brissie. I think it is what is best for myself and my family – I have to look after them.

“Coming here, seeing how well they did in the back end of the season … I think we could really do something special here.

“It feels good being back down here on the Gold Coast.

“I was down here for my schooling so it is good to catch up with a few of my mates. I am looking forward to it. Beautiful day out there. I am looking forward to the beach.”

Fifita will begin training with the Titans on Monday, having recovered from ankle and knee problems that prematurely ended his 2020 season.

He will joined at the Coast by Fa’asuamaleaui, the pair likely to be part of a forward pack that will be the envy of many of their rivals.

“Tino is my good mate,” Fifita said. “We have been together since schoolboys footy. I am looking forward to ripping in with him.”

As for the pressure that comes with his multimillion-dollar contract, Fifita said: “I am looking forward to it – it is a new challenge and a new beginning.

“All the money side, my mum looks after that. I don’t need to worry about that.

“I just need to worry about getting my body right.

“No pressure. I just have to play my game. I have to get my body right and the rest will look after itself. I just need to rip into a good pre-season. It starts on Monday.”

Fifita said his ultimate aim was to replicate Fa’asuamaleaui’s feat in winning a premiership – the grand final rematch between Melbourne and Penrith is expected to take place in round three.

“That is my ultimate goal,” he said. “One of my mates already has one – Tino.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...653a9493975d61

NRL 2021 Round 1 draw

Thursday 7.40pm

- Storm v Rabbitohs, AAMI Park

Friday 6pm

- Knights v Bulldogs, McDonald Jones Stadium

Friday 7.30pm

- Broncos v Eels, Suncorp Stadium

Saturday 3pm

- Warriors v Titans, Mt Smart Stadium

Saturday 5.30pm

- Roosters v Manly, SCG

Saturday 7.30pm

- Panthers v Cowboys, Penrith Stadium

Sunday 4pm

- Raiders v Tigers, GIO Stadium, Canberra

Sunday 6.30pm

- Sharks v Dragons, Kogarah

* Draw subject to change

That's a tough challenge first up against a team with a strong roster and a lot to prove. As much as a home game for us would've been ideal, I'm happy the Warriors get a first up home game and we get to put on a show for their fans considering what that club sacrificed in 2020. Plus it'll be good to get that Auckland game out of the way early.

Should be a good contest.

So our first 2 games are away?… or is the Broncos game at home?

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    So our first 2 games are away?… or is the Broncos game at home?
    Round 2 is at home.

NRL’S BUSH WHACK
    QUEENSLAND COUNTRY FANS MISS OUT
    NICK CAMPTON MICHAEL CARAYANNIS

QUEENSLAND will be treated to an early-season blockbuster rivalry, but it appears country fans will miss out when the NRL draw is released today.

The growing rivalry between Brisbane and the Gold Coast will come to an early head next year when firebrands Payne Haas and Titans recruit Tino Fa’asuamaleaui face off in Round 2.

The Titans will host the Broncos, enabling Haas and Fa’asuamaleaui to renew their growing feud, having traded fists and barbs in State of Origin II.

Gold Coast will also unleash million-dollar man David Fifita against his former club for the first time in that game.

While Queenslanders can get excited about that bumper clash, country fans appear to have been left out in the cold, with Sunshine Coast Stadium the only ground outside of Brisbane, Townsville and the Gold Coast confirmed to host matches in 2021.

The NRL yesterday trumpeted taking more matches than ever to country NSW in 2021 as the game ramps up efforts to reinvigorate rugby league in the bush.

Six matches will be taken to NSW regional centres Mudgee, Bathurst, Wagga Wagga, Dubbo, Tamworth and Coffs Harbour.

But there wasn’t a word about country Queensland areas like Cairns or Mackay, which have been doing it just as tough following years of struggles due to bushfires, drought and the COVID pandemic . Cairns’ Cazaly Stadium , with its 13,500 capacity, and Mackay’s BB Print Stadium , with its 12,000 capacity, could easily host NRL games, although grounds like Rockhampton’s Browne Park, with its 8000 spectator limit, are deemed too small by NRL standards.

“One of the main objectives of the commission over the next three years is to reinvigorate country rugby league. It’s very important to us,” ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys said.

“We really want to get it back to what it used to be like, where it was part of a country town and everyone looked forward to the group grand final.

“That will take our stars and our game right into the country heartland. There’s no better way to inspire young kids to participate than to see their heroes at their home ground.

“We believe this will increase participation at all levels for rugby league in country areas and it’s a very important part of our strategy to reinvigorate country rugby league.”

V’landys also confirmed State of Origin would return to its traditional midseason slot after underwhelming ratings for this year’s post-season series.

V’landys also expressed confidence that a trans-Tasman bubble would be in operation by the start of the 2021 season which would allow the New Zealand Warriors to play matches in Auckland.

In draw news, The Courier-Mail can reveal:

› St George Illawarra recruit Jack Bird (pictured) faces his former club the Broncos in Round 13.

› The Titans will play two games in country NSW against Manly (Mudgee) and Cronulla (Coffs Harbour).

› The Roosters and South Sydney will play in Round 3 after again dominating headlines in the off-season regarding the tug-of-war for the long-term signature of youngster Joseph Suaalii.

› Tyson Frizell will get an early chance to impress against his former club St George Illawarra in Round 4 when the Knights host the Dragons.

› Kyle Flanagan will have to wait until Round 17 when his Bulldogs play former club the Roosters
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

GOLD COAST TITANS - 11th

Games played against -

Top eight: 12

Top four: 5

Bottom eight: 12

Bottom four: 8

Who they play twice: Broncos, Raiders, Bulldogs, Sea Eagles, Storm, Knights, Warriors, Cowboys, Rabbitohs

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...content=static
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Wow looking at the draw and it looks pretty good for us we definitely have some very winnable games in the first 9 rounds and overall it appears to be an easier draw on us than in previous years.... No excuse not to make the 8

- - - Updated - - -

Makes it better that Broncos have been ranked with the hardest draw

- - - Updated - - -

Gold Coast Titans
    Here is all you need to know about the Gold Coast Titans' 2021 Telstra Premiership draw.

Teams they play twice
    Broncos, Bulldogs, Cowboys, Knights, Rabbitohs, Raiders, Sea Eagles, Storm, Warriors

Teams they play once
    Dragons, Eels, Panthers, Roosters, Sharks, Wests Tigers

Day-by-day breakdown
    Thursday – 2, Friday – 4, Saturday – 10, Sunday – 8

Turnarounds
    5 days – 1, 6 days – 6, 7+ days – 16

Inactive User

There was a particular off season a two years ago where all the talk was how good our depth was and we’d be a top 8 team and you were pretty much a bad person if you were dissenting or cautionary.....
    We got the spoon by a whopping 8 competition points.

No more dramas this off season and everyone being healthy for round 1 is all I care about for now.

There are some great home games for big crowds. Finally getting some free to air games too (6). Road trip down to Coffs Rd 12.

Which are the games we are going to miss players because of origin?

Should be a massive crowd on March 19 and I better not hear any "big brother" crap.

Inactive User

^^^^ Amen. “Big Brother” hates our very existence whereas we just want to beat them in games of footy.
    They are the jerks up the M1 on the brown river.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Should be a massive crowd on March 19 and I better not hear any "big brother" crap.
    I'm having a four day on going argument on FB Maroons page with a Bronchoke that just called us little brother. My response was we aren't related but you do look like a meth head cousin that no one wants to admit that they're related too.

Rd 13 against Melbourne we will miss players I think.