Page 98 of 176 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2626
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    Anyone hearing Oates to Titans?
    Would want to be on Don money if so

QLD Cup

Oates wouldn’t be a bad pick up but with GL and Thompson we don’t really need him.

The only player that I would want from the Broncos is Turpin. He’s been a bit off his game with all of the transition at the Broncos but I believe that in a good system he would be a top class hooker. He’s a smart game manager, he can kick and his defence is good. He won’t be the Damien Cook type player but I don’t think we need that. We need somebody to manage our forwards and give our backs good ball.

An additional kicking option would also be beneficial.

Does anyone know how Will Brimson has been playing like at 5/8 at Tweed, does he have the sought of potential as AJ?? Or completely different?

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Does anyone know how Will Brimson has been playing like at 5/8 at Tweed, does he have the sought of potential as AJ?? Or completely different?
    He has only played a few games at 5/8 and has spent time across the park for his utility value. He can definitely play but I don't think he'll be putting pressure on for an NRL contract in the immediate future. The time away from the game means he'll need a full season or two before it's clear where he is at.

In terms of halves, I think Shallin Fuller at Burleigh is probably the (uncontracted) one across both feeder clubs with the most potential.

First Grader

I'd be trying to swap proctor for SuA if I were the club

Rep Player

Stoked about Herbert. Hard runner and good defender.

TITANIC SCOUTING BLUNDER
    http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au

The Broncos have been criticised for losing Reece Walsh to the Warriors but the real question should be: how did the Titans miss out on one of the best Gold Coast juniors of the past decade?

While Brisbane first snared Walsh as a 15-yearold, the Queensland Origin hopeful has revealed he never received a single approach from Titans recruitment chiefs despite almost 10 years in the Gold Coast system.

Walsh first took up league in 2006, the very year in which the Titans were setting up structures for their entry to the big league in 2007. By his teens, Walsh was starring for the Nerang Roosters, but the silence from Titans scouts was deafening – opening the door for the Broncos to pounce.

Now at the Warriors, the 18-year-old Walsh, revealed there was no real bidding war for his services coming through the grades.

“I played footy down in Sydney, then moved to Queensland and I played footy for Nerang on the Gold Coast at the age of four,” Walsh said.

“I was with the Nerang Roosters for years, they were an awesome club and I made some great friendships there.

“The Titans never really showed any interest. It wasn‘t until I had signed with the Broncos that they were keen, but I had already done a deal with Brisbane.”

Gold Coast culture boss Mal Meninga, who joined the Titans well after Walsh had become a Bronco, recently lamented missing out on the teenage sensation.

“To be honest, I was a bit peeved we didn’t get him,” he said. The kid is special, he can play a bit. He is instinctive and I was a bit dirty we lost him because he is a Gold Coast kid. He was with Keebra Park (Gold Coast high school) and Brisbane got him.”
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    TITANIC SCOUTING BLUNDER
    http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au

The Broncos have been criticised for losing Reece Walsh to the Warriors but the real question should be: how did the Titans miss out on one of the best Gold Coast juniors of the past decade?

While Brisbane first snared Walsh as a 15-yearold, the Queensland Origin hopeful has revealed he never received a single approach from Titans recruitment chiefs despite almost 10 years in the Gold Coast system.

Walsh first took up league in 2006, the very year in which the Titans were setting up structures for their entry to the big league in 2007. By his teens, Walsh was starring for the Nerang Roosters, but the silence from Titans scouts was deafening – opening the door for the Broncos to pounce.

Now at the Warriors, the 18-year-old Walsh, revealed there was no real bidding war for his services coming through the grades.

“I played footy down in Sydney, then moved to Queensland and I played footy for Nerang on the Gold Coast at the age of four,” Walsh said.

“I was with the Nerang Roosters for years, they were an awesome club and I made some great friendships there.

“The Titans never really showed any interest. It wasn‘t until I had signed with the Broncos that they were keen, but I had already done a deal with Brisbane.”

Gold Coast culture boss Mal Meninga, who joined the Titans well after Walsh had become a Bronco, recently lamented missing out on the teenage sensation.

“To be honest, I was a bit peeved we didn’t get him,” he said. The kid is special, he can play a bit. He is instinctive and I was a bit dirty we lost him because he is a Gold Coast kid. He was with Keebra Park (Gold Coast high school) and Brisbane got him.”
    Why share that?

It's a blatant dig at the club for something that was never going to have a different outcome when the club was broke and offering kids a t-shirt and a bottle of powerade to sign with us in 2016. Don't give it oxygen. Blatant attempt to divert the focus from the Broncos.

We have a fullback, the Broncos don't. The Roosters have a half, the Broncos don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Why share that?

It's a blatant dig at the club for something that was never going to have a different outcome when the club was broke and offering kids a t-shirt and a bottle of powerade to sign with us in 2016. Don't give it oxygen. Blatant attempt to divert the focus from the Broncos.
    I shared it for two reasons.

1. It is interesting that he wasn't even on our radar.
    2. It has direct quotes form the man himself.

Although I sincerely appreciate your efforts for quality control around here HS. Keep it coming.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    He has only played a few games at 5/8 and has spent time across the park for his utility value. He can definitely play but I don't think he'll be putting pressure on for an NRL contract in the immediate future. The time away from the game means he'll need a full season or two before it's clear where he is at.

In terms of halves, I think Shallin Fuller at Burleigh is probably the (uncontracted) one across both feeder clubs with the most potential.
    Thanks for the background HS, will be good to check in on him this time next year see if he has developed further. Seeing how loyal AJ has been makes me want Will to fulfill his potential, and do something like the trbojevic brothers have done at Manly. Loyal GC players who love the club!

Although I sincerely appreciate your efforts for quality control around here HS. Keep it coming.
    Nothing against you intended DH. I'm just not a fan of a news ltd article severely lacking context, with a quote from Mal who joined the Titans after Reece had already been with the Broncos for like 3 years.

First Grader

Regardless, he may want to return home once his contract is up. One to keep an eye on for sure

Does anyone know if Shaun Johnson was the rumored player to visit our facilities a couple weeks ago? Have we had any discussions with him which anyone is aware of?

Ive been vocal we should do everything to get him here. I'm watching him now he's exactly what we need, he's fast, plays eyes up footy, improved a lot at organizing the team, is creative.

Think having him at 5/8 next year would be ideal, then eventually move him into Halfback, when Weaver, Sexton or even JC are ready to ease them in.

But if anyone knows if we've had discussions with him at least I can dream. I know right now he's linked to Rabbits and Bulldogs (Raiders have pulled out). No mention of Titans in any articles recently.

I think it is well acknowledged that the Titans really failed in the junior development and recruitment areas for a while so it isn’t surprising that we lost him. Hopefully we don’t miss many more in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Does anyone know if Shaun Johnson was the rumored player to visit our facilities a couple weeks ago? Have we had any discussions with him which anyone is aware of?

Ive been vocal we should do everything to get him here. I'm watching him now he's exactly what we need, he's fast, plays eyes up footy, improved a lot at organizing the team, is creative.

Think having him at 5/8 next year would be ideal, then eventually move him into Halfback, when Weaver, Sexton or even JC are ready to ease them in.

But if anyone knows if we've had discussions with him at least I can dream. I know right now he's linked to Rabbits and Bulldogs (Raiders have pulled out). No mention of Titans in any articles recently.
    I think he would be a good signing for a couple of years BUT only if it is for less than 600k. I would hate to more than that a lose out on of the young guys coming through as a result.