Page 90 of 176 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    James Hooper saying George Williams is in GC atm and apparently a beach side club has enquired on his availability. Thoughts if its us?

Could be complete BS as Hooper isn't the most credible.
    Was about to say this he'd be perfect for a year or two while we see how the young guys develop and better players come to market, says a beachside club has enquired about him surely that's us

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Was about to say this he'd be perfect for a year or two while we see how the young guys develop and better players come to market, says a beachside club has enquired about him surely that's us
    Good point in the article that surely the raiders had a clause if they released him he can’t play for an NRL club....praying it happens though

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Good point in the article that surely the raiders had a clause if they released him he can’t play for an NRL club....praying it happens though
    yea id say its highly unlikely but worth pursuing, maybe big mal can use his canberra love to sweeten the deal

I thought he wanted to go home to England as his gf was pregnant and wanted to be closer to family?

Rep Player

Personally not that keen on Williams. I think Fog is fine as our halfback for the next couple of years. He’s not top of my list of priorities to replace and he will look a lot better if we surround him with better players.

Inactive User

Every time someone mentions AJ to 5/8......

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Personally not that keen on Williams. I think Fog is fine as our halfback for the next couple of years. He’s not top of my list of priorities to replace and he will look a lot better if we surround him with better players.
    I'm not sure we can get any better players than what we signed last year so the onus is on Fogarty to perform rather than repeat defeat.

Williams would be interesting and would depend on what the immediate release contract from the Raiders included. He wanted to be released end of the season, they tried to turf him straight away. I wonder if they neglected a vital clause in the contract.

I'm with you on both points JB and just wish Fogarlii, Wallace et al would just man-up and watch some of their own video from last year. As for Williams, he is just the type of player we want to produce but I do worry how he would play with sunburn.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'm not sure we can get any better players than what we signed last year so the onus is on Fogarty to perform rather than repeat defeat.

Williams would be interesting and would depend on what the immediate release contract from the Raiders included. He wanted to be released end of the season, they tried to turf him straight away. I wonder if they neglected a vital clause in the contract.
    Williams seems like a flight risk to me and I’m not sure the incremental improvement he would provide over Fogarty is worth it. I’d rather replace Proctor, Rein and Taylor first.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Williams seems like a flight risk to me and I’m not sure the incremental improvement he would provide over Fogarty is worth it. I’d rather replace Proctor, Rein and Taylor first.
    FFS I could replace Fogarty and provide an improvement, incremental or otherwise. Anyway, couldn't Williams or Fogarty play 5/8. Surely to god we are not going in to next year with our current halves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I think of you every time it is written Bods.

QLD Cup

I agree........

First Grader

Well have to disagree. If it strengthens the team overall then you will do it. Having that attitude is like saying saying let’s not move RTS for Reece Walsh. The team is bigger than the individual

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Well have to disagree. If it strengthens the team overall then you will do it. Having that attitude is like saying saying let’s not move RTS for Reece Walsh. The team is bigger than the individual
    Bit different...RTS won't even be in the NRL next year.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 05-06-21 at 02:56 AM.

Well it seems simple to me - sadly we will either lose AJ (not happening) or lose Presto Jnr (more likely) as there's only one fullback spot.

We’ve got JC for 2022 and the club has an option to retain him for 2023 as well. Plenty of time to see how things pan out.