Page 89 of 176 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2626

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Looks like SJ officially on the outer at the Sharks. He's probably our only halves option now, but if we never even chased Reynolds then why would we bother with SJ?
    Lets not forget we were linked to Austin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    SJ on the left hand side with fifi / kelly / Thompson would be deadly in attack but questionable in defence

The old glass cannon strategy to football

Money wise getting him for 600 still frees up 400 in the cap because we have finished the Taylor contract
    Why go down that side when the right side is sooooo much easier

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Why go down that side when the right side is sooooo much easier
    and that's where SJ plays but tbh I'd rather build Sexton into 6 and wait for Weaver to come through at 7. It's a bit of a wishy washy dream but I feel if we just got an attacking 9 and some resilience in the defence then we aren't too far off. Let's not forget that Fifita, Tino, Mo, Herbert, Jolliffe, Fermor, Stone, McIntyre, AJ, Fogarlii, Clark and probably more that I've forgotten are really only novices.

Don't know why I'm defending them ... lol ... also who can remember Dymock as a player? Well I can. An attacking genius and defence? Not so much.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-06-21 at 07:51 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    and that's where SJ plays but tbh I'd rather build Sexton into 6 and wait for Weaver to come through at 7. It's a bit of a wishy washy dream but I feel if just got an attacking 9 and some resilience in the defence then we aren't too far off. Let's not forget that Fifita, Tino, Mo, Herbert, Jolliffe, Fermor, Stone, McIntyre, AJ, Fogarlii, Clark and probably more that I've forgotten are really only novices.
    Amen. I have nothing to add.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Tinfoil hat time. A source claims they saw Holbrook having coffee with Rapana. Again I’d say 95% BS...but!! As there is nothing else going on in the signing front what do we think of him as a Don replacement
    Just saw on Kevin Proctors Insta he is playing golf with Rapana. Canberra are on a bye and just looks like mates catching up for golf.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

QLD Cup

Dufty ripping it tonight.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Just saw on Kevin Proctors Insta he is playing golf with Rapana. Canberra are on a bye and just looks like mates catching up for golf.
    Could be for sure it was more having coffee with the coach. That said he is unsigned for next year so probably just having a chat as why wouldn’t you if you are visiting family here. If he is there for Don money then I have no issue. An upgrade over Don, can tackle and some experience for a year until we hopefully sign a gun. If not than no sweat as well I think we will be looking at a veteran minimum to replace Dons experience

Yes, replace a soon-to-be 34-year-old with a soon-to-be 32-year-old. Nothing would surprise me with this club.

If we could land dufty and move aj to 5/8 with fog at 7 I think that would be a smarter move. Gives the side a genuine running half in aj and don’t lose anything at fb?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Yes, replace a soon-to-be 34-year-old with a soon-to-be 32-year-old. Nothing would surprise me with this club.
    Let’s just hope Marzhew kills it on Saturday and it’s no longer a need.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    If we could land dufty and move aj to 5/8 with fog at 7 I think that would be a smarter move. Gives the side a genuine running half in aj and don’t lose anything at fb?
    I think Dufty ended with 5 try assists and couple of meat pies himself. I know he's playing for a contract but I can't think of him being so terrible a club has tried twice to move him on when he was and has been (at stages) one of the better players at the southern Broncos.

PS how good to see another 50 put on the Donkeys

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    Yes I dont understand the reluctance in Dufty. With 2 tries and 5 try assists he murdered the Drongoes last night. Whilst AJ is a brilliant fullback, a Dufty fullback and AJ at 5/8 is a far stronger spine and gives us so much more strike power than AJ and Ash

Rep Player

I don’t think AJ’s kicking game is quite there yet, though it could be developed. The bigger question is why would we sign Dufty for fullback when we have JC?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I don’t think AJ’s kicking game is quite there yet, though it could be developed. The bigger question is why would we sign Dufty for fullback when we have JC?
    Bang on we seem to be stacked at FB. I think we really need an absolute speed machine strike winger and a big body centre. But maybe JC moves to wing. I’m rooting for Marzhew this weekend I could accept a AJ, JC, Kelly, Marzhew, Thompson backline with slim pickings for next year player wise

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Bang on we seem to be stacked at FB. I think we really need an absolute speed machine strike winger and a big body centre. But maybe JC moves to wing. I’m rooting for Marzhew this weekend I could accept a AJ, JC, Kelly, Marzhew, Thompson backline with slim pickings for next year player wise
    Still doesn’t solve the 5/8 position where we have no one unless Turner turns into something but again we are living in hope rather than getting players who will deliver and actually improve the squad.

Anyway we will see how JC goes this weekend

James Hooper saying George Williams is in GC atm and apparently a beach side club has enquired on his availability. Thoughts if its us?

Could be complete BS as Hooper isn't the most credible.
    Last edited by Dobes; 04-06-21 at 08:26 AM.