Page 82 of 176 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2626

If Campbell goes as good as everyone is hoping he may cement that #1 and move brimson to our long term 5/8 which I think he would go well in. Hopefully Tanah keeps going well and can learn to steer the team around and take over from Fogarty. Hopefully sexton really pushes for that 7 in the pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    If Campbell goes as good as everyone is hoping he may cement that #1 and move brimson to our long term 5/8 which I think he would go well in. Hopefully Tanah keeps going well and can learn to steer the team around and take over from Fogarty. Hopefully sexton really pushes for that 7 in the pre season.
    I'm hoping Campbell locks down that wing spot when Don retires at the end of this year. I reckon Brimmo needs to stay in the 1

One of the 9 commentators said last night Brisbane are about to formally table a $600k per season 3yr deal to Hynes. Sounds about right with his current form for a key spine position, don't know how the broncs have any money left though with all their big contract extensions they did this year

First Grader

The Broncs are also making a big play for S’UA. We need a strong running edge forward to replace plodder Proctor for next year and I would be targeting him of Capewell for the role

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    I'm hoping Campbell locks down that wing spot when Don retires at the end of this year. I reckon Brimmo needs to stay in the 1
    I read an article that Campbell I’d not keen on signing a long extension due to the 2nd Brisbane team coming in 2023

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    The Broncs are also making a big play for S’UA. We need a strong running edge forward to replace plodder Proctor for next year and I would be targeting him of Capewell for the role

- - - Updated - - -

I read an article that Campbell I’d not keen on signing a long extension due to the 2nd Brisbane team coming in 2023
    You don’t reckon Fermor could be our guy? If he can improve his defence he’ll be a bloody good replacement for Proctor.

- - - Updated - - -

Fermor, McIntyre, Stone. Bronco kid was on his debut so he made the most of it and it wasn't hard to stand out last night if you had a horse on your jersey.

I think it was Fatty that said Broncs about to offer between 5-600k for 3 years to Nico. I don't see an issue with that if we were even holding discussions. Either that or I'm still a fan of Johnson even with the injuries.

First I'd re-sign (in no order) Boyd, Herbert, McIntyre and Peachey then see where that leaves us for the likes of Brandon Smith (if he could get a release) and a half (Johnson). Wingers should come cheap (if you're the storm) just need a capable speedster outside Herbert and Kelly.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Fermor, McIntyre, Stone. Bronco kid was on his debut so he made the most of it and it wasn't hard to stand out last night if you had a horse on your jersey.

I think it was Fatty that said Broncs about to offer between 5-600k for 3 years to Nico. I don't see an issue with that if we were even holding discussions. Either that or I'm still a fan of Johnson even with the injuries.

First I'd re-sign (in no order) Boyd, Herbert, McIntyre and Peachey then see where that leaves us for the likes of Brandon Smith (if he could get a release) and a half (Johnson). Wingers should come cheap (if you're the storm) just need a capable speedster outside Herbert and Kelly.
    I’m on board with pretty much all of that except for Peachey. I was in favour of re-signing him earlier in the season when he was dominating in attack but I think HS hit the nail on the head when he said Peachey is a large part of our recent defensive issues. He’s a glass cannon and unless we can get some more stability in our middle third defense I don’t think we can really afford to carry him. I’d be taking his money and throwing it at Finucane.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

I'm also a firm believer in Johnson for us. He's all class off the field which will teach our young players how to hold themselves and he is well balanced in playing eyes up footy or too a structure.

Too many people saying we just need a running 5/8 when ideally we also need one which can take control of the game in certain times with kicking and creating try scoring opportunities eg if Fogarty doing some predictable kicking and block plays. I think Johnson is our man perfect compliment to the team, will also grow our nz supporter base on the gc

TITANS STRIVE TO RETAIN JAY
    http://www.couriermail.com.au

THE Titans have begun talks to extend the contract of Jayden Campbell following his sizzling start to the season. The son of Titans legend Preston, Campbell (pictured) is on the cusp of his NRL debut after scoring six tries from as many games this season in the Intrust Super Cup, including a hat-trick against the Northern Pride a fortnight ago.

Incredibly, the 21-year-old has 59 tackle busts in six games, prompting Titans recruitment chiefs to open talks on a contract upgrade for the fullback livewire.

Campbell is already contracted until the end of 2022, but is not ready to ink an extension just yet as he keeps his options open with a proposed second Brisbane team on the horizon for 2023.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I’m on board with pretty much all of that except for Peachey. I was in favour of re-signing him earlier in the season when he was dominating in attack but I think HS hit the nail on the head when he said Peachey is a large part of our recent defensive issues. He’s a glass cannon and unless we can get some more stability in our middle third defense I don’t think we can really afford to carry him. I’d be taking his money and throwing it at Finucane.
    Doesn't sound like we are in talks with Peachey at the moment anyway. Hope if that's the direction we take we tie Tino up sooner rather than later because Ese Ese isn't the solution for that position.

For cheap & good wingers we should have someone watching club games of league and union in Fiji.

First Grader

Broncs have tabled Hynes a 3 year contract at $400k a year and expecting a decision next week.
    We were interested in Milford at the same price and surely Hynes is worth much more than Milford. We desperately need a 5/8 next year so Titans recruitment get on it and blow the Broncos out if the water and go after Hynes who has so much ability and skills

Rep Player

Broncs have tabled Hynes a 3 year contract at $400k a year and expecting a decision next week.
    We were interested in Milford at the same price and surely Hynes is worth much more than Milford. We desperately need a 5/8 next year so Titans recruitment get on it and blow the Broncos out if the water and go after Hynes who has so much ability and skills
    Sure we would all take Nicho in a heartbeat But I imagine our lack of interest is that I believe he wants to play FB. We just signed AJ long term and are trying to wrap up Campbell (surely that indicates a move to 5/8 for AJ). I’d love him at our team but unless he wants to play 5/8 we are already stacked at FB. We must feel Campbell is the better long term prospect. If he wants to come play 5/8 then open the chequebook

I don't think locking up JC necessarily means AJ to #6 (although it definitely gives us the option). JC is just one of those interesting talents you want to have on your roster whether it be as a backup #1 (or first choice if he ever pushes AJ out), wing, #6, or wherever. His pricetag at the moment doesn't mean it hurts the roster too much to have him as depth and allow him to prove he's NRL capable durnig the term of his contract, at which stage we'd then get first opportunity to extend him.

Campbell's development over the past 3-4 years is unbelievable tbh. Helensvale Hornerts kid who ever made any rep teams until MM cup which he had to make the hard way through an open trial. I remember seeing him score 3 length of the field tries at the trial and thinking what has he done in the off-season to be this good all of a sudden? That season we got him into JTS and he just kept improving so rapidly since, he's now found himself with a fulltime gig and is carving up ISC. A late bloomer for sure but his skills translate to any level of football. I think he's a really important retention piece for the club.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 29-05-21 at 10:23 AM.

Maybe being a ball boy for the Titans all those years helped him absorb NRL skills though osmosis.