Page 80 of 176 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2626

Dufty has all the makings of a decent 5/8. Given the Dragons recruitment & retention policies, it wouldn't surprise me if there is no off field drama. They are just dumb.

Rep Player

Dufty has a great highlights but I don’t think I’ve ever seen him make a tackle

With Williams going back to England we should be pushing some England clubs like Warrington to get Clarke over so they can afford williams

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    With Williams going back to England we should be pushing some England clubs like Warrington to get Clarke over so they can afford williams
    Might be wrong but I think I read that Williams was going to Wigan.

First Grader

This situation with Williams and Bateman should be a bit of a detterent to chasing English players

Player managers have conspired to create that I reckon ... in one sense I can understand that his family can't travel around as they probably planned but a contract is a contract ... a very bad look and I'm glad it's not us this time (looking at you Sargeant et al).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    This situation with Williams and Bateman should be a bit of a detterent to chasing English players
    Pay big $ to get them an early release from their English club for them to play half their contracts? That'd never happen here.......

If I had a pregnant wife during covid the last place I would like to be is Canberra. I really feel for Williams and give him a pass because this pandemic has been something that’s out of his control. Heaps of Aussies have claimed homesickness over there when they had no travel limitations and restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    If I had a pregnant wife during covid the last place I would like to be is Canberra. I really feel for Williams and give him a pass because this pandemic has been something that’s out of his control. Heaps of Aussies have claimed homesickness over there when they had no travel limitations and restrictions.
    Interesting article on Fox Sports by James Hooper that Williams' agent was trying to get him out of Canberra in the off season, saying he wanted to be near the beach. Draw your own conclusions about what has happened now.
    Well... we could assist him there, but if that is true, his and his agents ethics are not what we want here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Interesting article on Fox Sports by James Hooper that Williams' agent was trying to get him out of Canberra in the off season, saying he wanted to be near the beach. Draw your own conclusions about what has happened now.
    Well... we could assist him there, but if that is true, his and his agents ethics are not what we want here.
    Bit of a mud slinging article because Williams called Hooper out for BS from his original article. Who knows where the truth lies or cares but I don't get why going back to a country that is in way worse a position than Australia is an attractive alternative. Clubs always seem to be on the receiving end of broken contracts and Canberra paid $200k for an early release. Buyer beware is the cautionary tale for the clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Bit of a mud slinging article because Williams called Hooper out for BS from his original article. Who knows where the truth lies or cares but I don't get why going back to a country that is in way worse a position than Australia is an attractive alternative. Clubs always seem to be on the receiving end of broken contracts and Canberra paid $200k for an early release. Buyer beware is the cautionary tale for the clubs.
    Yeah I agree JB. I think Canberra handled the situation well. You've got a bloke that doesn't want to be there or play, pulling out of training, and games, but also wants to stay on the books and be paid until the end of the year. If it was our club, thats exactly what I'd be wanting them to do

Rep Player

Jack de Belin anyone?

For anyone who read Nic Darveniza's innaccurate and poorly researched article today about our development list signings, this is the actual lay of the land:

Tony Francis - Development for 2021+ (he's already with the squad full-time, if Nic just went to watch a session he would work this out)
    Tom Weaver - Development for 2022+
    Jaylan De Groot - 2022 pre-season with NRL on train & trial, ability to be upgraded to Development list

Sorry for the rant tone but this blokes one job is to know this stuff for our local newspaper and be accurate about it. He's consistently putting wrong information in print and it's giving the wrong information to 90% of the fan-base who rely on his journalism for almost 100% of their understanding.

Nic if you're reading this, you can do better mate. Happy to help if you make an account here and reach out.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 27-05-21 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks for that HS ... it never ceases to amaze me that in the digital age the work ethic of those whose jobs have been made so much more streamlined (I didn't say easier on purpose) can be so damned unprofessional.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Jack de Belin anyone?
    Pointless question as he extended his deal with the Dragons a while back for a couple more years.
    Or are you trolling and just want some tasteless responses?